Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2008, 12:18 PM   #31
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exevious
In as much as I would never support criminal activity...

I gotta say I feel slightly (very slightly) better about outlaw MC groups that those HOG patched groups.

I mean WTF is that about??

'Im no criminal, I dont really even ride much more than 2 sunday afternoons a month...'
'But when I do LOOK OUT! Cause Ima pretend criminal.. ARGHH!
And my co-workers brother knows a guy who is a real HA... '

Avoid the outlaw patch for personal saftey - criminal
Avoid the HOG patch for personal saftey - rider experience

*disclaimer
Apologies to the active riders, who are involved in HOG and actually RIDE.
Even tho I still dont get the 'pretend MC patch thing'
+101 !!!
Steve G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 12:48 PM   #32
smokinjoe
hippie kicker

Oddometer: 3,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverand Roadblock
Alot of large talk round here!

Just stay away from them. They don't want to be bothered by you and you don't want to be bothered by them. They have their own world. Probably a whole lot easier to stay out of it.

Would you have been as intimidated if they weren't wearing colors? If the answer is no, well, then it's not the person you fear, it's the patch. Treat them with the same respect you would want.....it's that simple. If you treat them like shit, get ready 'cause it's coming!!!

I don't have a problem passing them on any bike I'm riding. I've never had any of them give me shit about riding a Japanese brand, ever. Club members do what they do as a way of life. They understand that other folks enjoy riding just as much as they do regardless of brand.

Worry about you. They really don't want any trouble from you or anyone else. Ride your bike and have fun. Treat them with respect like any other motorcyclist.

If you won't stand behind our troops....do us all a favor and stand in front of them!!!!

Speak well of your enemies. Afterall, you made them!!!

what are you lookin at, dicknose!!!!
smokinjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 04:16 PM   #33
slipknot
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 837
Hell's Angels and road manners

http://www.hells-angels.com/

Contact them and ask their opinion. They might answer your questions better than the rest of us.
slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 05:04 PM   #34
trumpet
Group W Bench

Oddometer: 1,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknot

Contact them and ask their opinion. They might answer your questions better than the rest of us.
Oh yes, please write and ask them
trumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 06:24 PM   #35
rocket25
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
If you are old enough to remember Easyrider, or have seen it, then you don't want to end up as the last minute of the movie. Some of these guys would have no problem helping this happen to you.
rocket25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:13 PM   #36
crooked roads
I'm back

Oddometer: 848
rice burner dirt bike

Helps HD riders . I flew by them waving as they were parked on side of road. I pulled U-turn to see why they pulled over. Oil dripping Harley "don't they all Leak oil "? They didn't know realy know what to say. I'm only joking ! Shop is up the street. Stupid CHROME OIL filter cracked I sent one rider to parts place near by. Three guy /three girls were happy as hell to be back on road . Guy says what do I owe you? " Nothing dude there is nice folks on all types of bikes". So they took off to the next area Blue ridge parkway on the tour they were taking....
crooked roads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:38 PM   #37
CJay'sFJ
Ready for anything now!

Oddometer: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknot

Have emailed the question to them...let's wait and see what if anything they say back. Can't see that it would hurt to ask. Most likely we won't hear back. If we do, then we'll all know. I had been wondering about this type of situation myself so I figured WTF. I don't think any of us is significant enough in their world to make it a big deal. Any of you LEO's on here, different story, i guess, but still doubtful they really even give a shit about us at all anyway

Formernortherner
Old 09-20-2008, 07:43 PM   #38
* SHAG *
Unstable

Oddometer: 4,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by lddave
Your are lucky the final drive on the GS did not go out on you then the Hells Angels would have caught you an beat your ass.
I stopped for gas in Wall last year coming East from Menlo. It was a few days before trailer week started. I heard a rumble and about 20 HA California pulled in to fill up. They had just unloaded from trailers over by the 6. One dude swiped the cc on the pumps and they started filling up. I nodded as I walked by to go in and get a drink. A few nodded back. Nice bunch of fellows
05-GS- Rock Red 92k
06-GS- Dakar-40k Sold
* SHAG * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:48 PM   #39
Exevious
Goatrider A.F.& A.M.

Oddometer: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by formernortherner
Have emailed the question to them...let's wait and see what if anything they say back. Can't see that it would hurt to ask. Most likely we won't hear back. If we do, then we'll all know. I had been wondering about this type of situation myself so I figured WTF. I don't think any of us is significant enough in their world to make it a big deal. Any of you LEO's on here, different story, i guess, but still doubtful they really even give a shit about us at all anyway

Formernortherner
Which part of Canada are you in?

Most of the Western part.... BC area is Bandido territory.
You should be OK
Exevious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:58 PM   #40
CJay'sFJ
Ready for anything now!

Oddometer: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exevious
Which part of Canada are you in?

Most of the Western part.... BC area is Bandido territory.
You should be OK
Southern Ontario. Unless things have changed alot in my absence over the last few years, this part of the country is all HA. They got the Outlaws out of our town about 10 or so years ago.

I'm not worried, my email was very polite (as one should be when trying to get an answer to a question to which, if asked the wrong way could get you hurt).
Old 09-20-2008, 08:12 PM   #41
cevquit
maphead

Oddometer: 637
last year I was out on the FZ1 on hwy 198 halfway between coalinga and hwy25, late in the day ,6:30pm on a sunday .
I stopped to have a smoke at one of the few turnouts, I was there for a few minutes when an old guy on a OLD ASS hd rode up, stopped and asked I needed any help.
I replied no I'm good just having a smoke,
he said I'll join you, and got off his bike, when he did I saw the Angels patch on his jacket.
He said he broke down on that very stretch of road one time, years ago, aand ended up walking most of the night before someon finaly stopped and gave him a ride.
So he always stops now if he see's a lone motorcycle on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere.
We chatted for a few then went on our way.

To contrast that was an event that happened a couple weeks earlier while going out on the KTM.

I had just gotten to a very good NARROW TWISTY and 1/4 mile ahead was a bunch of theses guys
"'Im no criminal, I dont really even ride much more than 2 sunday afternoons a month...'
'But when I do LOOK OUT! Cause Ima pretend criminal. "

Complete with skull masks, Stalhelms and all, and a couple of guys with white tennys

Anyway this road is so narrow and rough, and no place for a HD, that they'd let me by .

Well no, for 4-5 miles every time i tried to pass one them would swing wide into the other lane and put the block on me.

There were so many of them I couldnt get by the whole bunch in any one straight.
It was almost rediculous at how hard they were try to keep me behind them as at time they were down to 15mph on a road i average 55 on ,but i didnt want to die in one of the many blind corners so I played their game but was picking em off one at a time forcing myself into their group.

When we got to a place where there was a hard left into a long straight where you could see about 1/2 mile, I squared the corner off early dove into the dirt on the other side of the road cutting the whole corner off by a couple hundred feet. As Im cutting through the dirt at 60 I pulled along front few riders who were flipping me off.
I could see their hogs jumping all around as they tried to speed up on the rough road and stay ahead of me. so I waved as I passed them in the dirt on the opposite side of the road, and I made sure I backed it in back on the road and threw a bunch of gravel and dirt on to in appreciation of their fine riding ettiquete.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:38 PM   #42
Frank Sosa OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 106
Thanks for all the responses. It has been entertaining to say the least. I don't doubt that HD riders and most HA members don't want beef but remember they cut me off so it just caused me to wonder if I broke a rule... Though I'm not a part of any organization I'm confident I can hold my own. I don't get annoyed very easy especially by HD riders except for the ones who are obviously weekend riders with brand new gear and brand new bikes hogging the road when they don't know how to drive. I guess to each his own when it comes to curing the age old mid life crisis but unfortunately this ilk seems to be the majority of HD riders these days. I remember back in the days when you saw an HD it was usually always a counter culture type, maybe a fuzzy beard no teeth having, ride or die, honcho. Not the case anymore. I've never seen so many men driving harley's it seems they are everywhere now.
Frank Sosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 10:16 PM   #43
turbo_bird
I'd rather be riding.

Oddometer: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by cevquit
dove into the dirt on the other side of the road cutting the whole corner off by a couple hundred feet. As Im cutting through the dirt at 60 I pulled along front few riders who were flipping me off.
Passing a group can be fun.
I passed a group of about 8 GS's while riding my XR650 in the ditch this summer. The lead guy gave me a thumbs up as he passed me, when I saw the rest of the group going by I figured I'd crank it up a bit to see if any of the bikes had ADV stickers, a couple did. That was near Ft St John, BC. Anyone here? Hopefully nobody trying to track me down by my plate number. LOL
Kristian
turbo_bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:07 AM   #44
Kenny M.
Tepid Adventurer

Oddometer: 318
When I started riding BMW's in the early 90's I pulled into a rest stop for a break. There was abot 10 HA doing the same. This was during the Redwood Run and ther were a lot of HD's in the area. I walked right up to the HA and looked at a couple of their bikes and said "shit. Thats what they are supposed to look like". " I bought this bike as a basket case and must have put it togather wrong". I thought it was pretty funny. A couple of the HA's were riding BMW LT's
74 Norton Commando
10 KLX250s
Kenny M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:23 AM   #45
VFR_firefly
Buh Bye!

Oddometer: 2,494
The 1%-er actually ARE the one percent of riders who give us ALL a bad name. Criminal assholes like the HA's should all be given a shortcut to the dirt-nap if you ask me.

Saying, "You are full of it" is a banning offense -Putts

Too many n00bs/non-riders/pirates here to be worthwhile any more
VFR_firefly is offline   Reply With Quote