ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-21-2011, 02:23 PM   #31
jings
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: dumfries scotland
Oddometer: 267
did a bit more work to the k at the weekend to seats only temporary

jings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:28 PM   #32
jings
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: dumfries scotland
Oddometer: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagando View Post
Jings, if you're having trouble posting pix you might try using Photobucket instead---dead simple once you set up a PB account (free).

Best of luck to you either way; we're looking forward to seeing your project unfold.
cheers zagando yes am useing photobucket just cant get ma head around it like riding bikes and chopping them up more than working computers reckon ive cracked it tho just got to figure out how to make the photos smaller now
jings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:00 PM   #33
seantx
Studly Adventurer
 
seantx's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: waco, tx
Oddometer: 618
What headlight did you use?
seantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:04 PM   #34
jings
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: dumfries scotland
Oddometer: 267
another photo from the front going to make a aluminium tail piece to fit under the rack to cover the wiring going to have a go at making a seat the one in the photos just to get an idea of hight and hopeing to fit a acewell speedover the wiring

jings screwed with this post 03-21-2011 at 03:11 PM
jings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:10 PM   #35
jings
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: dumfries scotland
Oddometer: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by seantx View Post
What headlight did you use?
head lights just a cheap light of ebay standard bulb not a halagen doubt the light will be up to much but dont go out after dark much anyway
jings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:44 PM   #36
Zagando
BMW uber alles!
 
Zagando's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: EL18 Rockport, TX
Oddometer: 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by jings View Post
cheers zagando yes am useing photobucket just cant get ma head around it like riding bikes and chopping them up more than working computers reckon ive cracked it tho just got to figure out how to make the photos smaller now
You're welcome, mate. There should be a little drop-down menu or box somewhere on Photobucket where you can set your image size---once you do that they'll automatically be set at that size so you don't have to mess with it again. Know how it is messing with computers, I'm not so fond of the hassles, either.

Btw, my dad's dad came from Kirriemuir/Forfar wee bit north of Perth...my regards to Scotland along with wishes for a great outcome with your K100 re-do!
__________________
=Zagando=
2003 Honda Ruckus "Rucca"

ex: '94 K75S "Berlina" '92 R100GSPD
'85 K100RS '73 R75/5 '65 R60/2
Zagando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:36 PM   #37
jings
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: dumfries scotland
Oddometer: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagando View Post
You're welcome, mate. There should be a little drop-down menu or box somewhere on Photobucket where you can set your image size---once you do that they'll automatically be set at that size so you don't have to mess with it again. Know how it is messing with computers, I'm not so fond of the hassles, either.

Btw, my dad's dad came from Kirriemuir/Forfar wee bit north of Perth...my regards to Scotland along with wishes for a great outcome with your K100 re-do!
theres some great bikeing roads around that area know it well
jings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:00 PM   #38
Zagando
BMW uber alles!
 
Zagando's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: EL18 Rockport, TX
Oddometer: 974
Yeah, I know, I was there back in '94 but got around on foot, bus and train.

Once you get that bad boy up and running you should have a blast across all those two-lane twisties and open stretches. Gorgeous countryside, too. My ancesters are buried in the church cemetary just outside of Glamis Castle.

Are you going to polish out that tank further or leave it as is, kind of frosty satin?

I sanded and sanded and buffed and buffed and it was really a ton of work. I never managed to get the perfect polish I was seeking but I came close.





One nice thing about polishing out an aluminum K-bike tank is that it costs next to nothing (sandpaper and polish)---but adds some real pizazz... Boils down to how much elbow grease you're willing to invest, though.
__________________
=Zagando=
2003 Honda Ruckus "Rucca"

ex: '94 K75S "Berlina" '92 R100GSPD
'85 K100RS '73 R75/5 '65 R60/2
Zagando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:41 PM   #39
madisonreid
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Oddometer: 1,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by zagando View Post
yeah, i know, i was there back in '94 but got around on foot, bus and train.

Once you get that bad boy up and running you should have a blast across all those two-lane twisties and open stretches. Gorgeous countryside, too. My ancesters are buried in the church cemetary just outside of glamis castle.

Are you going to polish out that tank further or leave it as is, kind of frosty satin?

I sanded and sanded and buffed and buffed and it was really a ton of work. I never managed to get the perfect polish i was seeking but i came close.





one nice thing about polishing out an aluminum k-bike tank is that it costs next to nothing (sandpaper and polish)---but adds some real pizazz... Boils down to how much elbow grease you're willing to invest, though.

awesome!!!!!
madisonreid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:15 PM   #40
jings
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: dumfries scotland
Oddometer: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagando View Post
Yeah, I know, I was there back in '94 but got around on foot, bus and train.

Once you get that bad boy up and running you should have a blast across all those two-lane twisties and open stretches. Gorgeous countryside, too. My ancesters are buried in the church cemetary just outside of Glamis Castle.

Are you going to polish out that tank further or leave it as is, kind of frosty satin?

I sanded and sanded and buffed and buffed and it was really a ton of work. I never managed to get the perfect polish I was seeking but I came close.





One nice thing about polishing out an aluminum K-bike tank is that it costs next to nothing (sandpaper and polish)---but adds some real pizazz... Boils down to how much elbow grease you're willing to invest, though.
right now i,am not bothered about paint or polishing main thing is to get the bike up and running and reliable i do like polished aluminium but its hard work keeping it that way and the bikes getting built for the winter also got a r1200r which isnt to keen on the salty scottish roads the k will most likely end up painted black
jings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:04 AM   #41
3legs
Real men ride sidecars
 
3legs's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Adelaide,South Oz
Oddometer: 1,049
G'day

What do you reckon the weight of a naked K1100 would be, just like what you guys have done with yours. I'm toying around with the same idea, to totally strip the bike and just keep whatever I need to keep it roadworthy.

Cheers

3legs
3legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:03 AM   #42
Threewheelbonnie
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Yorkshire UK
Oddometer: 953
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3legs View Post
G'day

What do you reckon the weight of a naked K1100 would be, just like what you guys have done with yours. I'm toying around with the same idea, to totally strip the bike and just keep whatever I need to keep it roadworthy.

Cheers

3legs
Good grief, am I going to get accused of copying you again, just thinking of taking the fairing off the outfit!

Having had the K100 in bits to do the chair, I'm thinking there is a good 20-30 KG in an RT fairing including the spider mount bit. I'd go for the lower figure as it'll need mirrors* and a fork mounted headlight.

* The bars have holes/threads for mirrors but I'm lead to believe that the K100 had solid not rubber mounted bars, so I might need to change there too.

I'd want to keep the speedo and clocks for navigation use. As I want a pair of halogen lights, the saving will be less still, but not as much as adding fog lamps to the fairing.

Andy
Threewheelbonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 04:41 AM   #43
Kaze
n00b
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Osaka, Japan
Oddometer: 4
Naked K100

Hiya, I found your post here Jings while searching for others who have naked K100 projects. Lookin good so far!

I joined this discussion (and the forum) because I want to get rid of the gauge-cluster on my K100 (formerly an RT that I stripped down) and put some more attractive round gauges on. I want to ask what you are using for gauges but I don't see any on yours... what kind of gauges do you intend to put on your K100? More importantly I guess, if you are using aftermarket ones, will you need to have custom speedo/odo cables made or ?? This the situation that perplexes me...what will match up.
Thanks.

Kaze screwed with this post 08-23-2011 at 06:03 PM
Kaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #44
shalbleib
Adventurer
 
shalbleib's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: louisville, ky
Oddometer: 94
did you have to reconfigure any wiring? i'm in the process of doing the same thing and want to remove hazards, elec grips, horn, etc and want to make sure it doesn't incomplete a circuit. this came up because i don't seem to be getting juice to the injectors but it may be a whole different issue. also, where'd u mount your ignition? thx
shalbleib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #45
duck
Banned
 
duck's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Seattle (Berkeley with rain)
Oddometer: 10,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalbleib View Post
did you have to reconfigure any wiring? i'm in the process of doing the same thing and want to remove hazards, elec grips, horn, etc and want to make sure it doesn't incomplete a circuit. this came up because i don't seem to be getting juice to the injectors but it may be a whole different issue. also, where'd u mount your ignition? thx
I assume from your post that "juice to the injectors" refers to electrons, not gas. Correct?

What about the fuel pump? Is that getting power?

Year and model are also helpful......
duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014