User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2010, 01:39 PM   #1516
rocketron
Megamoto/990 SMR

Oddometer: 27
Hi, soon to be a HP2 MM owner

Cant wait, should get the bike next week. Hope the weather holds for a good thrash.
rocketron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:09 PM   #1517
bingbong
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 758
welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketron

Cant wait, should get the bike next week. Hope the weather holds for a good thrash.
Welcome Rocketron. Are you "The" Rocketron
you are gonna have some fun. Good luck with the weather and post some pics of your ride in its natural habitat.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:14 PM   #1518
bingbong
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 758
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixinbones
Yeah, its my wife's car. She just beat breast cancer so I went a bit over the top and got her the car as a present. And yes, my garage needs some work apessino. I'm just waiting for the wife to stop spending money on decorating. It does get cleaned occasionally when I have some spare time.

I could live in your garage, you wouldn't notice me, honestly. Your fuel bill might go up a bit though .
Good news about your wife, that must make you smile more than any man toys.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:47 PM   #1519
rocketron
Megamoto/990 SMR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingbong
Welcome Rocketron. Are you "The" Rocketron
you are gonna have some fun. Good luck with the weather and post some pics of your ride in its natural habitat.

I aint the original Rocket Ron - he is probably an even older git than me (difficult I know)

Will post pics of my new baby when she arrives.

Fingers crossed for the weather, its been p***ing down lately.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:49 PM   #1520
HPSaucy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 291
What part of the UK are you?

I was born in London, but grew up down in Beaulieu in the New Forest. Some great roads in that part of the world, but not as great as here in California!
www.HP2.info
HPSaucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:00 PM   #1521
rocketron
Megamoto/990 SMR

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPSaucy
I was born in London, but grew up down in Beaulieu in the New Forest. Some great roads in that part of the world, but not as great as here in California!
I am Bristol born (still got the accent - o R o R ) but have lived in the graveyard of ambition, Swansea, since 1992. A great place with easy access to great biking roads, especially the Brecon Beacons.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:11 AM   #1522
air-cooled
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 216
introduction

hello to everybody in this topic;
i've bought myself a megamoto as well, but will get it probably in march; by that time winter will be gone and the roads good enough for the mm.
till that time my r1150gs has to hang on, (done about 250dkm).

for me the reasons to choose for the mm are simple and easy to explain. i ride a lot like commuting, trips and track days, off road only a few times. i did and still do this with my 1150gs, even had 3 sets of different wheels, for track, road and off road, but sold the nobbies because it's almost impossible to do off road where i live and i am more track orientated for that same reason. (track is closeby).
i like the r engine of the bmw and the low maintaince of the drive train. a bit more power will be handy for the straights on the track and there was a offer that i could not refuse, so the decission for the mm was simple.

i did read the complete topic and did like the foto's alfaris searched for, also the hp2 site is welcome.

for so far i did a short ride on the mm for about an hour in rain. though this mm has about 30 more hp than mine gs and a lot more torque, it felt pretty natural, no surprises on that part, wind deflection is pretty oke without an extra windscreen, mine gs is stripped down completely and has no windscreen and compared to mine gs the mm is better. i guess that i will not change that part, because i really like riding without windscreen.
suspension, a lot has been written about the ohlins, also compaired to mine gs, wich has a track/sporty setup suspension by technoflex, made for my weight and intensions, the mm was not that different, but the ride i had was to short for a real comparison and due to the bad weather conditions i was unable to push the bike. according to the hp2 site and my weight i should need a heavier spring. i will keep it in mind.

well for so far a short intro, maybe we meet somewhere.

air-cooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 10:18 AM   #1523
HPSaucy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 291
air-cooled, welcome to the wonderful world of MM'ing!! The stock suspension leaves lots of room for improvement, so you'll have fun working on that at the track, and look forward to hearing how your MM upgrades go.

rocketron, I love the roads in the BB's, I often used to cross the Severn Bridge, and ride up the backbone of Wales to visit friends in Harlech. From the Welsh border up Machynlleth via Rhayder and the reservoir at Llanidoes Without was the best riding I found in the whole of the UK!

Look forward to seeing loads of pix from both of you guys next riding season. Also the picture posting here is fairly limited, but on the HP2 site I've set the uploads to 9 images a post of 1000px wide, so you can throw images up there and link them here using the image link button, like this...

Hah, so much for that, it doesn't work anymore, I used to be able to get my pix to show up before - oh well!
www.HP2.info
HPSaucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 10:20 AM   #1524
alfaris
MOTERO TORERO

Oddometer: 1,150
welcome air-cooled.

congrats for your decision.

Let me tell you de MM has de best boxer engine ive ever had.

I like too my current HP2 enduro, but the MM has a different boxer engine, an "angry" boxer i would say , because that is the adjective i think can describe what this engine has on the inside. BMW Motorrad Motorsport did something into this engine that makes it a different thing, a beast. Different compression ratio, different camshafts, different injection parameters. who knows, but the kick ass sensation of this engine from 6.000 its been unknown on a boxer engine to me up to date.

Never tried the HP2 sport so i do not know how it would be.

I use the MM for daily commuting and mountain roads, and next season for sure ill go into the track with it. Its a bike that provoques me even on the shortest urban stage. The akras sound whithout dbkillers when switching gears down............oh god, i love it.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:49 AM   #1525
hankgs
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,745
Aircooled...

THe MM and the GS are definatley "cousins"... The MM is my "fun-run bike" that gets a hard workout on backroads during the midweek. I missed not having a GS, so I picked up a '96... Make sure you keep you GS as it will be the bike to use for commuting, long trips and lugging stuff around.
To me, the Megamoto was perfectly engineered right out of the factory. The only remarkable change was a Wunderlich windscreen and a rear drive slider. I've got over 12K on mine and the stock Ohlins suspension works on our shitty bumpy roads just fine... I would love to see what style of riding HPSaucy does that he complains so much about the stock setup, I guess our economy needs the boost of people spending $ to make mods, so it's all good!
hankgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 12:28 PM   #1526
rocketron
Megamoto/990 SMR

Seat height

Guys,

Hope you can help:

What is the standard seat height?

Is the seat height adjustable?

Is there a high seat option?
Old 11-20-2010, 01:42 PM   #1527
air-cooled
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 216
thnx

thanks for the warm welcome,
i think there will be some changes but not the first year, after that time i will have some idea about the does and don'ts of the mm.
at the gs i do turn and twist a lot with the suspension set up and it's possible to set up a soft comfortable ride to a harsh ride with under or oversteer,i guess that the same should be possible with the ohlins suspension. and because the mm is a german bike and the average german is not that different from me suspension might be oke.
the idea is to dismantle the gs and rebuild it again with new components where needed and then to use it indeed for the communiting. looking at this thread i see possible rides south of the pyreneeen or up to norway, even a crossover to england sounds nice, exept then that everybody is riding on the wrong side of the road.

here a pic of a adapter i made for the gs to fit a 320mm disc, but i switched back to the original because with this disc braking was to hot.

nice picture on a 4 X 4 track in the pyreneeen climbing 25 to 30%, meeting a nice belgian couple who lost each other on the single road to the top. (only belgian can do that ). at the top i and my friend where offcourse pretty proud until we saw a old ducati with 2 persons in leather cruising to the top from the other side. needing a gs....duhhh

sorry for the poor quality, pictures where taking with the cell phone
air-cooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:50 PM   #1528
woody's wheel works
Built to Last

Oddometer: 3,307
hi need a little measurement ..

greetings ,,nice thread..

i have several requests for my Superlite wheels to be used on the megamoto,,,and i i can't remember if i already solved that problem...ie if on eof you already has a set of Superlites ,,,well great,,, tell me about it

if not,,would someone be willing to measure the inside distance between the corners of the calipers,,,here's a pic..you can see it real good

thanks a million

woody
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Woody/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Woody/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 05:04 PM   #1529
hankgs
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,745
Measurements

Rocketron; Seat height on mine where my ass sits (close to the tank), is 34.5 Inches... (unsprung)
Woodie: the brake caliper on the front wheel is 1-1/4" (inches)...
Hopes this helps out.
hankgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 06:36 AM   #1530
RoteEddie
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by hankgs
To me, the Megamoto was perfectly engineered right out of the factory. The only remarkable change was a Wunderlich windscreen and a rear drive slider. I've got over 12K on mine and the stock Ohlins suspension works on our shitty bumpy roads just fine... I would love to see what style of riding HPSaucy does that he complains so much about the stock setup, I guess our economy needs the boost of people spending $ to make mods, so it's all good!
Amen to that! I do some pretty hard riding and have no complaints in the suspension department.

The only thing I would love to upgrade are the brakes. Being used to the Brembo setup on my T I would love to be able to fit the Brembo monobloc calipers. I probably need to have some brackets made, but I don't really have a clue how I can get all the measuremnts etc.
12' KTM 690 Enduro R Evo2
RoteEddie is online now   Reply With Quote