Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2011, 04:15 AM   #1801
megabloto
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
I tried to 'pretty up' my MM by stripping more stuff off it, painting up a set of HP2E tank covers, recovering the seat and putting on a light weight exhaust. Overall I'm very happy with the results, it looks a little more lithe and athletic.

Nice job.I may change a few things on mine as well but my sports bike loving friends can go to hell the MM rocks my world.
megabloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:22 AM   #1802
megabloto
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
To each its own and it is contrary to my experience. I get alot of compliments from other motorcyclist on the road. I see woman (and men) peek out their car windows and drop their jaws. So besides the riding pleasure of the MM this also makes me . The youth diggs it too.
Besides, owning a sportsbike is so last century (except for a s1000rr maybe). I also like the fact that I ride something that stands out from the crowd, itīs a bike you donīt see everyday. I my MM.[/QUOTE]

Australians are notorious for their one eyed sportsbikedness even though our shithouse roads need motards.
However I have noticed teenages including my son like it so maybe it's ahead of its time??.
megabloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:36 AM   #1803
fixinbones
Tarmac Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,012
You guys are making me miss my Megamoto again!!!!!!!!!! The S1000rr is starting to bother my neck lately. Guess I'm gettin' old.
'13 Ducati Diavel AMG #163
'09 KTM 65XC (son's ride)

Gone: '10 Ducati Multistrada 1200S, '11 BMW R1200GS, '10 BMW S1000RR, '08 BMW HP2 Megamoto, '07 KTM 950SMR, '05 BMW R1200GS, '94 BMW R1100R
fixinbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:50 AM   #1804
Macroenie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixinbones View Post
You guys are making me miss my Megamoto again!!!!!!!!!! The S1000rr is starting to bother my neck lately. Guess I'm gettin' old.
Looking at your past rides I think your subconcious was allready telling you to stay away from them. I moved from a vtr1000sp1 to the naked r1150r then made a mistake in between with a xb9r. So back to the nakeds 955i, k1200r and now the MM which is the best in terms of steering and usuable power.
Macroenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:28 PM   #1805
RoteEddie
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 521
Quote:
Join the club! Season not really started here yet so no long rides yet. But my LSL equipped R1 gives me superbike performance with upright ergos. A small test video below from my new camera, Vio Pov HD. Sound is lagging a bit for unknown reason. Mic is a pair of Grado headphones in my tankbag.

The MM is by far the most confidence inspiring bike on dirty bumpy roads. I would have thought the MTS1200 could be a possible successor to my MM. Any thoughts on that? I just love the black S in your garage, Fixinbones

Untitled from Rote Eddie on Vimeo.

12' KTM 690 Enduro R Evo2
RoteEddie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:49 PM   #1806
RoteEddie
Studly Adventurer

Another vid from last season. This was my only ride using both Zega cases on the bike. I felt the weight affected the bike too much, but my conclusion might have been somewhat different if I'd had a better morning before I left.

The trip was disturbed by me slipping down the stairs while holding my 2-year old boy. I landed on my back and probably fractured a rib or two in the process. I didn't let go of my boy so he was allright. But not the best way to start a 3 day trip on the MM I could hardly get on the bike and every bump felt like someone poking a stick in my back. My riding suffered but I still made it to Geiranger and back.

This vid shows the road over Sognefjellet which goes right through Jotunheimen where all our tallest mountains are. Tallest is Galdhoepiggen at 2469 m. The road has a peak of 1400 m.

Sognefjell from Rote Eddie on Vimeo.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:55 PM   #1807
hankgs
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,746
Me Tooo!

Quote:
Fixin, GO get another one!!!
Man, I miss mine so much and it's only been a month. I miss this bike terribly... Having a GS and a Mega was the perfect mix of a hooligan and a "sensiblle" bike. I don't know if I am cut out for just having "sensible"...
BTW my 1100GS is for sale as I bought a newer 1150 with low miles, how's that for sensibility?

I feel your pain Fixin...!
hankgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:09 PM   #1808
tekebird
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
anyone put the HP motor into a GS yet?
tekebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 04:57 AM   #1809
Macroenie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekebird View Post
anyone put the HP motor into a GS yet?
I saw some water-cooled boxer GS spy shots somewhere. Anyone?
Macroenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 03:33 PM   #1810
bingbong
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macroenie View Post
I saw some water-cooled boxer GS spy shots somewhere. Anyone?
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=664510
Old 03-29-2011, 04:34 AM   #1811
Megathumper
+

Oddometer: 837
Brand new road to ride.....

Megathumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:28 PM   #1812
RoteEddie
Studly Adventurer

I was out for a cold spring ride today testing the POV HD again. Sound is not perfect, but I think she sounds good

Recorded @ 60 fps 1280 x 720

Megamoto POV HD test from Rote Eddie on Vimeo.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:27 PM   #1813
rocketron
Megamoto/990 SMR

Oddometer: 27
Michelin Pilot Power Pure

Just had a pair fitted. Initial impression is they are brilliant. The bike turns more quickly and the rubber is sticky. Will report when they have been run in and I can use them in anger.
rocketron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 01:33 PM   #1814
air-cooled
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 216
update

fuel consumption and mileage; for so far sufficient, i drilled the filler neck and i reckon that might add about a liter. just enough to do about 200km and then to fill up with 11 liters or a bit more. so for the moment i have no need for a bigger fuel tank. wich is good because i like the slim and open look of the bike.

the toolset of the bike was offcourse incomplete, so after i bought a set of ohlin c spanners the rear spring could be set to the correct static sag. only 3/4 turn did the job and this was real easy.

just for fun i bought 2 "spy camera's" in hong kong for 1 euro each, adding to the value of the camera were the transportation cost; 4.95 and a memory card for about 12. i did not expect much of this camera's but just for fun, the video is just fine, nothing in comparison offcourse to a pov hd or a gopro or something, but sufficient. for the moment i am still busy in setting the camera correct, there is no possibility to look if the camera is possitioned correctly by viewing the images real time. i have to place it, record, take it of and connect it to a computer with a very short connection. second the video gives not a horizontal image but under a aingle of about 10 to 15 degrees. but so far the rear is now oke, the front still needs some work, because the images have some waves in it. so i am looking for another position with less vibration.

the tyres are still in good condition after 3500/4000km, showing no significant wear, don't know what to expect but 7 to 8000km should be possible.

next week a local tour with other gs's and in a week and a half first few rounds on the track. looking forward to that. (seen the picture of the track in australia with speed 200 and revs up to 8k, circuit zandvoort doesn't have that kind of serieus high speed corners. more technical layout with some ups and downs. good for the mm i think)
air-cooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:14 PM   #1815
HPSaucy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 291
I also just got a set of Michelin Pilot Power Pure fitted, but rain is forcast for the morning, and work has already nabbed next weekend, so looks like it'll be a while before I'll get to try them.
www.HP2.info
HPSaucy is offline   Reply With Quote