User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2012, 12:30 PM   #2086
hankgs
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,730
April trip

Could be a go for me too...FYI , East Camino Cielo is a VERY rough and potholed road better suited for GS'
hankgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:24 PM   #2087
Meg99512
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Question

I like to joint you guys but I cannot confirm at this moment regarding weekend trip, but at least, I like to meet you guys at Venture before your departure. I am assuming in Venture BMW???
Meg99512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:42 PM   #2088
hawideri
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
That is a cool idea, a MM trip.

Are MM owners located in the Benelux(DE border area) interested to something similair?
hawideri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:51 PM   #2089
Lariviere
Megamoto

Oddometer: 7
More than 6 S. Ca. MM riders

You may want to add me to the list of S. Ca. MM riders.
Bought my Megamoto from San Diego BMW back in Jun '08.
Working in Chula Vista and live in Palm Springs.
Lariviere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:23 PM   #2090
ViperJustin
Aerial Gunner

Oddometer: 536
Las Vegas MegaMoto rider here. There's two of us in this town. The owner of BMW Las Vegas and myself. I'd love to join you guys, but I'm going to be very busy until July. :( I haven't even had time to get my tires installed.
08 MegaMoto #99529
ViperJustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:06 PM   #2091
schlim66
Loner

Oddometer: 659
Another one here in SoCal. No trips for me right now, too much work.

Schlim66

schlim66 screwed with this post 04-02-2012 at 07:45 AM
schlim66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:31 PM   #2092
hankgs
Beastly Adventurer

Headlight Conversion...?

These HID projectors are off a Sachs Madass... Think a conversion would be possible? Canbus issues?

Old 03-25-2012, 07:15 AM   #2093
Macroenie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
Lovely day for a ride today. I made a small clip of the sound from my bike with the Akra Evo system.
Nothing spectacular as I do not own a GoPro yet so it is quite static. Thought I just might as well share it since there aren't that many Megamoto videos on youtube.

Cheers.

Macroenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:21 PM   #2094
hawideri
Adventurer

Nice to hear this alternative system. Although I couldn't tell if it is a big difference, but I guess you didn't mod the system just for the sound.

Personally, I think the stock exhaust is looking to cool to exchange, but the sound isn't that loud even with the db-killer out. It may be safer to have a noisy exhaust.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:20 AM   #2095
Macroenie
Gnarly Adventurer

I think it is somewhat louder than the stock without db-killers and without the catalyc converter.
It must be as it turns heads sooner, donīt know if that is a good thing

I bought the system because I have a titanium fetish I like the looks of blue/purple/gold coloring of the tubes.
As an added bonus it gains top end power by a fair amount.

Friday I get a rapid bike installed to get the A/F mixture right, will post results of course.

As to your other question: as much as I would love to get together I live quite far from the border ą 2,5 to 3 hours depending on where you would like to meet.
So for a weekend with hotel it would be ok but just for one day maybe a little too much.

*** Edit ***

your profile states 020 area, as in Amsterdam?
I work in Amsterdam and live about 60km North of it. Have been traveling to and from work on the MM quite alot the last few days.
That would be much more easier to meet up.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:11 PM   #2096
hawideri
Adventurer

Question

I think a head turner is safer (and it happens to be cool too )

A rapidbike system is something that I am interesting in, although I have understood that the system for MMs from 2009 onwards is different then 2007-2008 (and I have one from 2007). But please do, post your findigs!

And regarding my joined tour question , I actually ment that everybody within the Benelux is invited. I travel a lot actually. But you have spotted correctly that 020 stands for Amsterdam. And actually I do drive frequently "above the IJ" after work hours (durgerdam-marken-edam is a well know route for me). An area that must be your "motortour-backyard".

....maybe I even already spotted your bike on the city-ring in Amsterdam...parked in front of a store (season 2011)! (mods that I remember: air snorkel, other exhaust and handprotectors (but not white, but dark). Small world.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:34 PM   #2097
hankgs
Beastly Adventurer

If it ain't dutch, it ain't MUCH!

I, too am Dutch, but I was raised in CA and currently reside in Santa Barbara. My family is in Castricum ann Zee... So I guess I am a Noord-Hollander!
Old 03-27-2012, 05:15 PM   #2098
bikecat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macroenie View Post
Lovely day for a ride today. I made a small clip of the sound from my bike with the Akra Evo system.
Nothing spectacular as I do not own a GoPro yet so it is quite static. Thought I just might as well share it since there aren't that many Megamoto videos on youtube.

Cheers.
Thanks for posting the video. I note a fair bit of backfiring. That seems more prevalent on the MM than my previous beemers. Any views whether is that a good or bad thing?

Cheers
bikecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:25 PM   #2099
Ron50
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikecat View Post
Thanks for posting the video. I note a fair bit of backfiring. That seems more prevalent on the MM than my previous beemers. Any views whether is that a good or bad thing?

Cheers
Backfiring is caused by a too lean mixture to fire in the cylinder that ignites in the hot exhaust or a too rich mixture that lets the unburnt fuel ignite when it gets more oxygen from an air leak in the exhaust.

In the case of the MM with fuel injection and a non-leaking standard exhaust it's from the mixture being too lean as it is backing off. No fuel is added to the engine when the throttle is completely closed, unlike a carb setup where there is always at least idle fuel present.

There's not much danger with the popping from a too lean mixture whereas the exhaust can be damaged from the much bigger explosions from an air leak with a too rich mixture.

There's no risk of damage to the engine from a weak mixture as you back off, only under sustained load, which brings in a completely different and unrelated part of the injection curve anyway.

The above explains why you get more popping on a MM with the restrictors removed on a standard setup, causing a leaner mixture, and less with a richening device like an Accelerator or a properly dialed in Power Commander.
Ron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:18 AM   #2100
Macroenie
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawideri View Post
I think a head turner is safer (and it happens to be cool too )

A rapidbike system is something that I am interesting in, although I have understood that the system for MMs from 2009 onwards is different then 2007-2008 (and I have one from 2007). But please do, post your findigs!

And regarding my joined tour question , I actually ment that everybody within the Benelux is invited. I travel a lot actually. But you have spotted correctly that 020 stands for Amsterdam. And actually I do drive frequently "above the IJ" after work hours (durgerdam-marken-edam is a well know route for me). An area that must be your "motortour-backyard".

....maybe I even already spotted your bike on the city-ring in Amsterdam...parked in front of a store (season 2011)! (mods that I remember: air snorkel, other exhaust and handprotectors (but not white, but dark). Small world.
I only recall the fact that Powercommander, in particular the V version, is not compatible with the earlier versions of the MM. I have a 2007 too by the way, While at MADracing we checked the rapid-bike docs and it only stated that for the Megamoto the EVO version is available whereas for the Enduro there is also a racing version available. So weīll see how it goes. Costs of the RB+cable is about 530EUR then another 350 for install and at least 10 runs on the dyno but Mark said if he needs more runs to get it right the way he wants it, you donīt need to pay extra. Even if it would take 30 runs (hope not). I need to remind myself to bring the camera....

Yes I sometimes take "the long way up" back to home (close to Enkhuizen) and then travel via the E10 to Edam and then head for the dike to Hoorn. I do drive carefull there as there is often mud or grid lying all over the place
Cityring is possible, I work near exit Sloten, last year I took the bike only once into the city center to get some memory cards at a computershop, maybe we met there although the parts you list have never been on my bike.
Iīve kept the original exhaust until a few weeks, never had any other handguards and Iīm still waiting for the air snorkel. M-Tec still hasnīt send it off...

Ok, letīs see if more people want to meet up then, otherwise it is just you and me?

Cheers
Jeroen