Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2012, 01:21 AM   #2101
Macroenie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by hankgs View Post
I, too am Dutch, but I was raised in CA and currently reside in Santa Barbara. My family is in Castricum ann Zee... So I guess I am a Noord-Hollander!
From my trip to the US last year I noticed you are very into the "roots" thing

I have visited Castricum aan zee alot, both for the beach (of course) as well as nice driving behind the dunes.
Macroenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:49 AM   #2102
Macroenie
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikecat View Post
Thanks for posting the video. I note a fair bit of backfiring. That seems more prevalent on the MM than my previous beemers. Any views whether is that a good or bad thing?

Cheers
I do that on purpose by giving a tiny bit of gas when decelerating

But indeed, the MM does backfire more out of the box than a previous r1150r I owned. So it must be character.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:04 PM   #2103
hankgs
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,829
Has anyone done the HPN fuel tank conversion?
hankgs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:47 PM   #2104
hawideri
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by hankgs View Post
Has anyone done the HPN fuel tank conversion?
Hello Hollander ,
I think I remember this issue being discussed in this thread (somewhere between page 1 and 141 page I believe ;).

I did googled it to find it out (no succes) but did stompeled upon a very own HPN-tank thread you might be interested in:
BikesGSpotOilhead BoxersHp2 TT or HPN tank?

BTW may I ask why you are considering the rebuild (sachs madass) of the front?
hawideri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:12 PM   #2105
air-cooled
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 218
072 and shit happens

hi guys, been a while since last post, but the mm is still going strong. with the last service i fitted "short gas throttle" from m-tec. in stead of regripping the throttle, you can go from 0 to full throttle in one movement. i like it a lot though a bit expensive, relative, for just 3 grams of plastic..

for macroenie and hawideri, maybe we can do a ride together. should be fun.

the shit thing as in the tittle happened today, i could bent my head just in time to avoid the complete package and still see where i was going.

in about 12 days i'm going for a tour doing some "best 10 roads in the world for bikes to drive" according a bike magazine over here. i will do 2 of them, both in spain and drive on my way "the best public race road" in the cevennen, france, also according this magazine. well we will see, roads in spain are super so it will be a good trip anyway.
videos will be made.

i did not fit the large tank and will not in the future, i do easily 200km+ on a tank and that is sufficient. tankstations enough, so except for the discomfort of more stops to fuel the thing up, there are no downsides for the smaller tank were i live. on the other side, with the standard tank its way better looking.
air-cooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:15 PM   #2106
hawideri
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macroenie View Post
"I only recall the fact that Powercommander, in particular the V version, is not compatible with the earlier versions of the MM....."
hmmm, I should have paid more attention to what I read , you are right. I mixed up the rapidbike system with the powercommander. BTW is there a difference between these systems that made you choice the rapidbike system? Momentairly I invest in new gear rather then upgrading the bike, but it is nice to know the possibilities for, who know's, maybe next year...

And about that joined tour: let see if other people would like to meet up , but if not, we work/live rather close and it would be cool to compare your mods with the stock version!
Old 03-29-2012, 02:35 PM   #2107
hawideri
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by air-cooled View Post
"...
the shit thing as in the tittle happened today, i could bent my head just in time to avoid the complete package and still see where i was going...."
nicely said!

Quote:
"... ride together. should be fun."
Cool, that's
Old 03-29-2012, 10:48 PM   #2108
Macroenie
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
hi guys, been a while since last post, but the mm is still going strong. with the last service i fitted "short gas throttle" from m-tec. in stead of regripping the throttle, you can go from 0 to full throttle in one movement. i like it a lot though a bit expensive, relative, for just 3 grams of plastic...
you beat me to it I have that thing lying in the drawer for like a month or so. From the instructions it looks like an easy install so Ill have look tomorrow.

Quote:
for macroenie and hawideri, maybe we can do a ride together. should be fun.
Sure thing! That would be great. After 16/4 I will not be available for a few weeks so maybe in May?

Quote:
the shit thing as in the tittle happened today, i could bent my head just in time to avoid the complete package and still see where i was going.
...youre in luck that cows dont fly hahaha

Quote:
in about 12 days i'm going for a tour doing some "best 10 roads in the world for bikes to drive" according a bike magazine over here. i will do 2 of them, both in spain and drive on my way "the best public race road" in the cevennen, france, also according this magazine. well we will see, roads in spain are super so it will be a good trip anyway. videos will be made.
Nice! Cant wait to see them. Im still deciding over which trip to plan this summer

Quote:
i did not fit the large tank and will not in the future, i do easily 200km+ on a tank and that is sufficient. tankstations enough, so except for the discomfort of more stops to fuel the thing up, there are no downsides for the smaller tank were i live. on the other side, with the standard tank its way better looking.
Same here, when I ride normal Im hitting 1l to 20km, but then again normal mostly equals boring and the harder you ride it the better she gets
Old 03-29-2012, 10:58 PM   #2109
Macroenie
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawideri View Post
hmmm, I should have paid more attention to what I read , you are right. I mixed up the rapidbike system with the powercommander. BTW is there a difference between these systems that made you choice the rapidbike system? Momentairly I invest in new gear rather then upgrading the bike, but it is nice to know the possibilities for, who know's, maybe next year...

And about that joined tour: let see if other people would like to meet up , but if not, we work/live rather close and it would be cool to compare your mods with the stock version!
No not really, it was suggested to me by the shop owner. I dont think there is much difference although people say the RB has got a faster cpu. I had a rapid bike before on my previous k1200r which did a good job. Powercommander 3 looks a bit larger also.

Sure, we can compare, no problem. The next thing Im getting done is getting other camshafts installed at Edelweiss Motorsport in Essen - Germany. That will be in May the way things look now but maybe sooner. We are trying to set a date. Its a 3 hour ride from my place and install + reprogramming of the RB can be done in one day.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:54 AM   #2110
Macroenie
Gnarly Adventurer

So the results from today are not that dramatic regarding any gains in hp or torque but what is more important is the way the MM is behaving on the road. Mark did 11 runs in total where on the last few he played around a little but then fell back to run 9 as this gave the best overall torque gain (see below).
The rapid bike is now operating in a learn mode so it will store data over time and Mark said that I should come back after Ive done some everyday riding and then he can see if any more adjustments are needed.
He also expect better fuel economy so well see. With gasprizes of today the RB will earn itself back quickly

I took a detour when everything was finished, right from the getaway I could feel the change as the bike is not jerky at low revs anymore. It is pulling smoothly through the revs and it seems to vibrate even less but what I like most is the absence of any jerkiness whatsoever. So is that worth 750EUR?...as Im planning to keep the bike for...a long time...I do think so as Im less frustrated how the bike behaves.

Anyway...the results:

Old 03-30-2012, 11:09 AM   #2111
hawideri
Adventurer

Cool2 Rukka suit

Quote:
I fitted and ordered the Rukka Vauhti white + blue version at BDM Simako, should arrive in two weeks.

Wow. This suit is a very well match with the bike, also nicely illustrated in your recent video post.
Sadly, I don't fit the rukka and BMW gear: I am to long and lean.

I am aiming at the Stadler gear, they have a new suit, the force pro (same as the track pro, but the leather parts are superfabric). This suit was presented during the motorbeurs [bike confention], but is not in their current foldermaterial.
Stadler has a very big range of different sizes and if you don't fit one of them, it can be custum fitted as well! The Cool feature is that you can choice the colours you want...although for this suit it will be mostly black with a accent colour.
I will post a pic as soon the long wait is over...

hawideri screwed with this post 03-30-2012 at 06:46 PM Reason: Typo
Old 03-30-2012, 11:35 AM   #2112
Macroenie
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawideri View Post
Wow. This suit is a very well match with the bike, also nicely illustrated in your recent video post.
Sadly, I don't fit the rukka and BMW gear: I am to long and lean.

I am aiming and the Stadler gear, the have a new suit, the force pro (same as the track pro, but the leather parts are superfabric). This suit was presented during the motorbeurs [bike confention], but is not in their current foldermaterial.
Stadler has a very big range of different sizes and if you don't fit one of them, it can be custum fitted as well! The Cool feature is that you can choice the colours you want...although for this suit it will be mostly black with a accent colour.
I will post a pic as soon the long wait is over...
Rukka also has got long versions which are 7cm longer than the size you buy, so for instance size 54 + 7cm.
But if your are lean than I guess they will not fit you correctly, I also like a suit that is "slim fit". The Rukka is medium slim fit so not too bad.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:43 PM   #2113
hawideri
Adventurer

Rukka size

Long sizes for rukka trousers that is? The thing is, I need extra armlength on almost all clothing, typically about 4 cm. Most clothing brands do provide trousers in long versions, but somehow that is not done for the jackets.

My current gear is lose fitted, meaning that the protection is sure to be in the wrong place when you need it the most
And I can wait to have a really watertight trousers.
My current one is guaranteed to get you wet. And that stops being funny rather soon
Old 04-01-2012, 01:04 AM   #2114
GSMarc
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 985
Quote:

Anyway...the results:

I have put a RBEVO 019L with free exhaust Remus and K&N filter

I got this on the MM :
108,7 Hp @ 7.110 tmin
134 Nm @ 5.492 tmin

http://jemelapetenflat.xooit.be/t3224-Dyno-results.htm

on the HP2E, same exhaust & filter :
post 6
106,2 Hp @ 6.094 tmin
133 Nm @ 5.315 tmin

http://jemelapetenflat.xooit.be/t319...lts.htm?q=dyno
2005 HP2E
2005 HP2E SM Prototype
GSMarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:28 PM   #2115
ViperJustin
Back in school...

Oddometer: 632
FINALLY!!!

I had my new Michelins installed today. I had to ride all the way across town on a rear tire with the threads showing. That's not the bad part. The bad part was the 40mph cross wind (then head wind on the way home!!!). Yeesh! I'm home now and my MM has new shoes on. I can't wait until next week. I'm either riding up to Zion National Park or through Death Valley. Not sure yet. But it's going to be fun!!!
08 MegaMoto #99529 For sale. PM for details.
ViperJustin is offline   Reply With Quote