Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2009, 04:02 AM   #211
RoteEddie
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 524
I have been putting in a lot of good mileage on the bike for the last week. We are getting on just fine. I usually need some time to get familiar with any new bike I ride, and I must say I now feel very confident on the bike.

Suspension was reset to stock both front and rear, and I have backed of 5 clicks on the front compression, and five clicks on the rear compression and rebound. I'm scraping my toes on any corner that permits, and could soon be looking for more clearance

I have ordered a few parts for the bike and could use some input on the following:

- what crossbar size will fit, 29mm like on a GS?
- anyone tried Tourateh bar risers on the MM?

Ordered a screen, tankbag and a stand for the swing arm. I have not been able to change my rear tire yet as I have nothing I trust to keep the bike upright while the wheel is off. If it doesn't arrive very soon I will need to find someone to help as the rear is already looking like a slick.
12' KTM 690 Enduro R Evo2
RoteEddie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:23 PM   #212
hankgs
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,778
Extra wheel set...

I know this may not be the appropriate forum, but I figure you guys may read this more than the "Parts" in Flea Market... I would really like to get a SM wheel set for my 07 1200GS... I understand there were quite a few bikes sold with an "extra" SM wheel set and perhaps some of you have them just layin' around your garage! I would be willing to buy or part trade with my stock GS spoked wheel set. Feel free to PM.
Thanks!
hankgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:41 AM   #213
bingbong
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 769
Talking new MM owner

I am happy to say I am now a new owner of a slightly used MM . It'll be one of only 2 that I know of in Portugal, the other one belongs to my riding buddy . though we are still waiting for them to arrive here. I saw that someone wrote that theirs was sliding at the back going into corners, can't wait to try that out
bingbong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 06:01 AM   #214
Bruno Brasletti
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingbong
I am happy to say I am now a new owner of a slightly used MM . It'll be one of only 2 that I know of in Portugal, the other one belongs to my riding buddy .
... and here's the "riding buddy" presenting himself!!!!! And yes, I'm also waiting for the Beemer to arrive .... sometime this weekend?!...
Bruno Brasletti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:08 AM   #215
NakedRider
NakedRider

Oddometer: 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Brasletti
... and here's the "riding buddy" presenting himself!!!!! And yes, I'm also waiting for the Beemer to arrive .... sometime this weekend?!...
You boys have fun out there. It's a great bike.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:14 AM   #216
Some Dude
what attitude problem???

Oddometer: 4,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by hankgs
I know this may not be the appropriate forum, but I figure you guys may read this more than the "Parts" in Flea Market... I would really like to get a SM wheel set for my 07 1200GS... I understand there were quite a few bikes sold with an "extra" SM wheel set and perhaps some of you have them just layin' around your garage! I would be willing to buy or part trade with my stock GS spoked wheel set. Feel free to PM.
Thanks!
The HP2 E SM wheel set came with a center spoked (w/tube) front 17" wheel that only has one brake rotor and an ADV rear 17" wheel (same dimensions as any stock R12GS rear wheel) All you need for SM wheel set is a front wheel and there is not a direct bolt on other then running the MegaMoto front Mag wheel. If you want a spoked 17" front, you'll need to order one from Woody's or something of the like.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:48 PM   #217
Macroenie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 204
Hi all,

I had been lurking here for some info about the Megamoto. Thought I'd might as well sign up since I will be getting one next wednesday.

My name is Jeroen, I'm 36years 'old' and live in the Netherlands.
My current bike is an k1200r with full Ti Laser exhaust (powercup replica), rapid bike 1 and airbox modification. It's putting out 162 rwhp/140Nm torque. Quite an armstretching machine, however there is more to riding than just sheer speed as I noticed when I took a testride on the megamoto. This bike handles like nothing else I have ever ridden

I'm planning on doing some upgrades and so far this site has been helpfull in providing me with info about getting some replacement headers. I ordered my headers at arosmarmitte.it, I hope they will arive next week or so. Hopefully that will get rid of the nasty vibration at ~4000 rpm.
Next on the list will be some handguards (still debating CF or R1200GS ones), BMC racefilter and larger airintake and a rapid bike 3 to round it up.
I hope I won't get sick of the small fueltank

Cheers!
Macroenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:57 PM   #218
hankgs
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,778
Thanks for the info...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Atlanta
The HP2 E SM wheel set came with a center spoked (w/tube) front 17" wheel that only has one brake rotor and an ADV rear 17" wheel (same dimensions as any stock R12GS rear wheel) All you need for SM wheel set is a front wheel and there is not a direct bolt on other then running the MegaMoto front Mag wheel. If you want a spoked 17" front, you'll need to order one from Woody's or something of the like.
Thanks, I guess that will be the next improvement purchase since I will have to wait a few for a MM
hankgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:22 PM   #219
bingbong
Studly Adventurer

Pikes peak bikes

Ok chaps, I need a little help here, I just checked out the pikes peak bikes and they have some very cool looking screens fitted. Does anyone know anything about these? Sorry I can't post a pick, I'm at work
Old 05-21-2009, 11:40 PM   #220
Joe Bar OP
Middle England

Oddometer: 1,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingbong
Ok chaps, I need a little help here, I just checked out the pikes peak bikes and they have some very cool looking screens fitted. Does anyone know anything about these? Sorry I can't post a pick, I'm at work
Hi bb, don't worry about the ack of picture I think we all know what the Pikes Peak screen looks like , unfortunately, none of us have managed to find a source for it.

This one on pepot's bike is about the closest, but no one has managed to get any response or reply from either pepot or the manufacturer about it.

http://www.serrispecial.com/special.php

Let us know if you find one

Old 05-22-2009, 09:41 AM   #221
bingbong
Studly Adventurer

Thanks Joe,
I am now on a mission . If I find anything out I 'll post it.
thanks for the link too. some nice ideas there...........
Old 05-25-2009, 05:44 AM   #222
Macroenie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 204
I asked Joe Bar the same thing because it made me wonder:

On the K I installed double BMC racefilters (original is only single sided) without the airintake tube. That boosted me 10Hp extra. I wonder if the boxer can do without a tube. Has anyone tried that yet or is it not possible?

Cheers
Jeroen

Macroenie screwed with this post 05-25-2009 at 10:02 PM
Macroenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 07:09 PM   #223
fixinbones
Tarmac Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bar
Hi bb, don't worry about the ack of picture I think we all know what the Pikes Peak screen looks like , unfortunately, none of us have managed to find a source for it.

This one on pepot's bike is about the closest, but no one has managed to get any response or reply from either pepot or the manufacturer about it.

http://www.serrispecial.com/special.php

Let us know if you find one
Thats quite a pretty bike!!!!
'13 Ducati Diavel AMG #163
'09 KTM 65XC (son's ride)

Gone: '10 Ducati Multistrada 1200S, '11 BMW R1200GS, '10 BMW S1000RR, '08 BMW HP2 Megamoto, '07 KTM 950SMR, '05 BMW R1200GS, '94 BMW R1100R
fixinbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:36 PM   #224
Maineroads
Ridgerunner

Oddometer: 831
Looks like I've swung a deal on an 08! It won't be here for a few weeks though .....Anyone have a set of passenger pegs they aren't using?
Old 05-27-2009, 07:20 PM   #225
NakedRider
NakedRider

Oddometer: 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineroads
Looks like I've swung a deal on an 08! It won't be here for a few weeks though .....Anyone have a set of passenger pegs they aren't using?
Congrats.