Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2012, 08:41 AM   #2251
bikecat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macroenie View Post
See my post here

The wunderlich controller gives you more options over the rev-range. The other one just fools the injection by use of a temperature related resistance, making it think it is about 10 degrees celsius colder en thus it will richen the mixture.

If you take away the cat. or put a 'sport' exhaust on the MM you will have to take measures for it not running to lean.
Macronie, do you have less decelerating popping after installation? Does the operating temperature get lower? My main concern is that I want to enrich the mix. In terms of pricing the Accelerator is cheapest, then boosterplug, then wunderlich then power commander.

I just did a valve clearance and my bike is running too lean. Hence I want to improve the situation.

Cheers
bikecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:24 PM   #2252
Macroenie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 203
No, that made no difference, at least in my case. The MM pops with cat, without cat and a whole lot with the akra.
I don't know if it will run cooler. My dyno guy said that the bike was running safe when I had it in combo with the full akra. I now have a rapid bike evo. The accelerator is in a drawer in the garage....
The one I've got is the cat-less/ sport exhaust type, if you are still running stock than you need the other version.
I would take the wunderlich/techlusion one so you can make some adjustments over the rev range so take the bike to a dyno and see how the a/f map turns out.
Macroenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:58 PM   #2253
GSMarc
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 934
@Macroenie,
Do you have tested your MM on a Dyno with the RBEVO ?
Results ?
Thank you,
2005 HP2E
2005 HP2E SM Prototype
GSMarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:16 AM   #2254
Macroenie
Gnarly Adventurer

@GSMarc,

yes, you have seen it already

the diagram shows before (with accelerator) and after (with RB Evo).

Tomorrow I take the bike to Germany and on Friday/Saturday it will be at Rösner and Rose to get the bigbore upgrade (and a little more...) .

Then after 1000km or a little more I will go to the dyno again.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:09 AM   #2255
GSMarc
Studly Adventurer

Thank you

I'm waiting for the new Dyno and an overview of the cost to reach it.
2005 HP2E
2005 HP2E SM Prototype
Old 06-06-2012, 02:08 AM   #2256
Macroenie
Gnarly Adventurer

GSMarc I agree we need more posts in this thread but that does not include repeating
But to answer your question: see here
Old 06-06-2012, 02:28 AM   #2257
Macroenie
Gnarly Adventurer

If you really want to spend alot of money go to see this guy

He just tuned a MM that runs 138PS and 146Nm , see this post in German.

Be prepared though to invest some serious money, even without the so called "long stroke crankshaft" he quoted €4950 for the bigbore conversion.
This is mainly because he is doing the maximum allowable 104mm bore with nikasil coating, which is an expensive process. He also implements different camshafts (Edelweiss) and HP2-Sport connecting rods.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:45 AM   #2258
GSMarc
Studly Adventurer

perhaps easier to fix an HP2S engine on the MM as this one :

2005 HP2E
2005 HP2E SM Prototype
Old 06-06-2012, 04:13 AM   #2259
Macroenie
Gnarly Adventurer

looks like an ordinary dohc to me without the carbon protections.

So the ultimate hp2 mm would be one with a bigbore hp2-sport engine complete with long stroke crankshaft

Maybe BMW will make a new MM once the watercooled boxer hits the streets?
Or will it again take as long since they started making the GS to come up with this new version
Old 06-06-2012, 04:34 AM   #2260
GSMarc
Studly Adventurer

here is the (italian) list of settings :

motore e frizione HP2 sport
cambio MM
forcellone MM
cardano R1200gs x avere il rapporto + corto
impianto elettrico MM modificato x il cambio elettronico BMW
strumento HP2 sport
dichi Braking
scarico akrapovic
centralina HP2S rivista al banco
142 hp alla ruota veri no favole come si leggono in questa sezione

confermo che il motore e dell'hp2 sport,montare quello del gs opp rt non ha senso visto le modifiche da fare,anche xchè il motore MM si riesce
a far andare molto più forte di quello bialbero dell'rt
il motore lo riconosci dal collettore di scarico,rt e gs son da 45 mentre lo sport a il 50
non uso i coperchi valvole in carbonio perchè troppo delicati in caso di caduta.

http://www.quellidellelica.com/vbfor...=343729&page=2
2005 HP2E
2005 HP2E SM Prototype
Old 06-11-2012, 12:09 AM   #2261
Macroenie
Gnarly Adventurer

back in one piece from the promised land...

Left NL on thursday and took the 61 Autobahn from Venlo to Koblenz.
At Koblenz I took the scenic route along the Rhine river. There are alot of these old castles overlooking the river.

Hell...they even build them in the river...

Passed through some small villages and while getting nearer to Rüdesheim it was getting more and more crowded with Harleys. I did not know but they had one of the worlds largest Harley rallies there between the 7th and 10th.
Spotted only one HP2 Enduro between all the parked bikes. Did not stop for pictures...

Arrived at the hotel and ... bla bla...on to the next day.
Pasted the new route on my tank and left for Rödermark, arrived a little early so had some ´breakfast´ at the local Aldi supermarket. At around 10am I arrived at Rösner und Rose and met Timo and Torsten, two very nice guys.
We first did a testrun on their P4 dyno (eddy current type) to get a base figure.
Hmmmm...109 something so about 118 at the crank...this was rather a disappointment with the old dyno figure in mind. I don´t know which dyno is most accurate but I guess this P4 has the edge over the more simple ones.
Measured is sixth gear which does not matter according to Torsten as this type of bench adjusts to the selected gear.
He had some talk about sixth gear getting the least amount of wheelspin and thus an accurate reading which made sense. Still they thought it was a good figure for a MM.

After the bike cooled down Torsten took over and started to take apart some parts

The ´old´ heads

New parts - Wössner connecting rod

Wössner 103mm piston

After fitting all the mechanical parts Torsten also did a good job on the Rapid Bike mess.
I now realise that the guy/shop that did the initial install did not such a good job, now it looks neat and cables are tucked away where possible. Another thing we found was that the RB unit itself came loose from its mounting point.
So Torsten searched and found a new spot and secured it there.
Another thing that puzzled me/them was that they found some dirt in airtubes. The pipercross filter probably is too open, so to be safe I decided to have them put in a stock filter.

At the end of the day all was finished and the bike was filled with fresh oil. The moment of truth...
The first few seconds sounded awfull because the oil had not yet reached every part of the engine so the rattle was quite...ehmm...scary. But it went away quickly and all sounded good.
To top things of they plugged the little hole of the akra where normally the db-killer is screwed secure.
This hole created some whistling sound, which they found odd/funny. I never noticed as I did not know any better but now the tone has become more dark

Paid, said my goodbye´s and headed back to my hotel making sure to respect the running-in instructions from Torsten. So there is not much to report yet, I have been taking it easy.

On saturday left for NL again, lost the function of my headlight while on the autobahn and after I passed the border also my rear light decided to give up. Have not ever replaced them so after about 25k km I think this was bound to happen. To make things ´worse´ the closer I got home the weather shifted from blue skies to storm with heavy rainfall.
But still...I survived

Will report, of course, as time and km´s progress. Like with a new bike I was told to have some patience before optimum performance has been achieved.

Cheers!
Old 06-11-2012, 01:45 AM   #2262
air-cooled
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 217
nice trip and nice upgrade. we definitely will have to do a local trip to do a comparison. offcourse i am really curious what the power does to the bike and why you did this upgrade.
air-cooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:40 AM   #2263
Macroenie
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by air-cooled View Post
nice trip and nice upgrade. we definitely will have to do a local trip to do a comparison. offcourse i am really curious what the power does to the bike and why you did this upgrade.
Me too but I was told that it takes time to settle in so the maximum increase will only be after some few thousand km´s.
Why I did this...why not
Old 06-11-2012, 04:32 AM   #2264
GSMarc
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macroenie View Post
After fitting all the mechanical parts Torsten also did a good job on the Rapid Bike mess.
I now realise that the guy/shop that did the initial install did not such a good job, now it looks neat and cables are tucked away where possible. Another thing we found was that the RB unit itself came loose from its mounting point.
So Torsten searched and found a new spot and secured it there.
Have you a pic of the new mounting point ?
2005 HP2E
2005 HP2E SM Prototype
Old 06-11-2012, 06:56 AM   #2265
Macroenie
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMarc View Post
Have you a pic of the new mounting point ?
No but it is now residing on the tank (left side) between the two frame beams. Secured with 3m velcro tape and ty-raps.