ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #2551
GSMarc
Studly Adventurer
 
GSMarc's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Oddometer: 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by el.brasil View Post
yeah,
This Facebook page I opened for the best bike
in the world, and another group page for the HP2 Megamoto owners
https://www.facebook.com/groups/megamoto/
Feel free, join in... Jörk
Joined today
MM isn't a bike, it's a way of thinking
__________________
GSMarc from BELGIUM
2014 KTM EXC450 6Days
2008 HP2/MM ABS
2005 HP2E
2005 HP2E SM Prototype
GSMarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:35 AM   #2552
GSMarc
Studly Adventurer
 
GSMarc's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Oddometer: 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macroenie View Post
Odyssey doesn´t fit (see page 89, msg 1325)

got the shock out, battery through the frame, turning the battery to place it on the holder does not succeed...

ordered some ytz14s battery with same dimesions as exide, that will snug right in.
This guy succeded but it was not so simple

http://jemelapetenflat.xooit.be/t418...Atterie-MM.htm
__________________
GSMarc from BELGIUM
2014 KTM EXC450 6Days
2008 HP2/MM ABS
2005 HP2E
2005 HP2E SM Prototype
GSMarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #2553
RichBMW
Beastly Adventurer
 
RichBMW's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Surrey, UK
Oddometer: 1,943
First full day out on the MM for 5 months, and the love affair is rekindled

__________________
2015 BMW S1000R Sport
2015 BMW R1200GSAW
RichBMW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:28 AM   #2554
Macroenie
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Macroenie's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Netherlands
Oddometer: 204
@RichBMW

What is your opinion on the new GS vs. the MM?

My daughter is getting more interested to go for rides.
I assume the new GS would be perfect for this.
I do have pillion pegs on the MM but still it is not the intended purpose of this bike.

On the other hand I got yet another compliment yesterday from some kid at the gasstation so it hasn't lost any of its appeal.
Plus when I see my reflection in windows while riding the MM I just look so damn cool, on a GS that would be something different hahaha
Macroenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:41 AM   #2555
RichBMW
Beastly Adventurer
 
RichBMW's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Surrey, UK
Oddometer: 1,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macroenie View Post
@RichBMW

What is your opinion on the new GS vs. the MM?

My daughter is getting more interested to go for rides.
I assume the new GS would be perfect for this.
I do have pillion pegs on the MM but still it is not the intended purpose of this bike.

On the other hand I got yet another compliment yesterday from some kid at the gasstation so it hasn't lost any of its appeal.
Plus when I see my reflection in windows while riding the MM I just look so damn cool, on a GS that would be something different hahaha
Power wise, I'd say that the new GS is now faster, but the MM is so much more fun, and has so much more torque. You can go much quicker on the GS without realising; on the MM you have to hold on for dear life over about 90! I wouldn't ever take anyone on the back of the MM (I don't have rear pegs fitted anyway) as it's not that kind of bike.

The MM just gets so much attention, as it is so rare. My riding mate kept telling me how many looks the MM gets (especially with the baffles removed, it sounds like a Spitfire!), and I get so many comments on it as well.

And you're right, seeing refelctions in shop windows just adds to the appeal! If you can have both bikes, they are the perfect combo to have.
__________________
2015 BMW S1000R Sport
2015 BMW R1200GSAW
RichBMW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:30 AM   #2556
air-cooled
Gnarly Adventurer
 
air-cooled's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: low lands
Oddometer: 218
Just looking at the specs the lc gs has more. But it doesn't has any hooliganism. Where can you buy that.
air-cooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:46 AM   #2557
air-cooled
Gnarly Adventurer
 
air-cooled's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: low lands
Oddometer: 218
I lowered the front for about 9mm. Which improved steering in high speed corners significantly by not running width. Also as benefit the standard front setting of the suspension is surprisingly good.
One of the best 0 cost changes I made ,I mean the best.
air-cooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:27 AM   #2558
Macroenie
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Macroenie's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Netherlands
Oddometer: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by air-cooled View Post
I lowered the front for about 9mm. Which improved steering in high speed corners significantly by not running width. Also as benefit the standard front setting of the suspension is surprisingly good.
One of the best 0 cost changes I made ,I mean the best.
For a circuit the stiff front springs are ok I guess, I am looking to replace them with some progressive hyperpro's.
Macroenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:36 AM   #2559
Macroenie
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Macroenie's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Netherlands
Oddometer: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBMW View Post
Power wise, I'd say that the new GS is now faster, but the MM is so much more fun, and has so much more torque. You can go much quicker on the GS without realising; on the MM you have to hold on for dear life over about 90! I wouldn't ever take anyone on the back of the MM (I don't have rear pegs fitted anyway) as it's not that kind of bike.

The MM just gets so much attention, as it is so rare. My riding mate kept telling me how many looks the MM gets (especially with the baffles removed, it sounds like a Spitfire!), and I get so many comments on it as well.

And you're right, seeing refelctions in shop windows just adds to the appeal! If you can have both bikes, they are the perfect combo to have.
Yeah...I concur, the sound of the stock akra without baffle is very good (when you ditched the cat). The sound of my full Ti is even better, it's a real bomber now including explosions when you let go of the gas and feed just tiny bit of fuel back into her. I Guess replacing her with a GS is not an option

Macroenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:50 PM   #2560
RichBMW
Beastly Adventurer
 
RichBMW's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Surrey, UK
Oddometer: 1,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macroenie View Post
Yeah...I concur, the sound of the stock akra without baffle is very good (when you ditched the cat). The sound of my full Ti is even better, it's a real bomber now including explosions when you let go of the gas and feed just tiny bit of fuel back into her. I Guess replacing her with a GS is not an option

Cool video I've got the Aros decat headers on mine as well as the Akro without baffles. It sounds epic
__________________
2015 BMW S1000R Sport
2015 BMW R1200GSAW
RichBMW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #2561
rocketron
Megamoto/990 SMR
 
rocketron's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: uk
Oddometer: 27
MM fork revalve

Quote:
Originally Posted by air-cooled View Post
I lowered the front for about 9mm. Which improved steering in high speed corners significantly by not running width. Also as benefit the standard front setting of the suspension is surprisingly good.
One of the best 0 cost changes I made ,I mean the best.
check this out, not no cost but well worth it !!

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296216
rocketron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:06 PM   #2562
ViperJustin
Back in school...
 
ViperJustin's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Lost Wages, Nevada
Oddometer: 632
That sounds pretty good. I still want to hear that under-engine shorty exhaust that's a page or two back.
__________________
08 MegaMoto #99529 For sale. PM for details.
ViperJustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:43 PM   #2563
Blondiebythesea
Georgia
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Sunny Coast Qld AU
Oddometer: 2
Pissed Stolen mm 14/04/13

Very Very angry to find out that my pride & joy had been stolen last Sunday night from my "secure" garage at Maroochydore QLD AU - just putting it out there in case SOMEONE knows/hears of anyone who might have picked up 2008 MM recently or in the near future. She had approx 6500k's on her in immaculate condition with recently added spotlights (square) and a light grey screen.
Blondiebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:07 PM   #2564
hankgs
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Oddometer: 1,831
Aussie theft...

I just posted in the Australian regional post...
hankgs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:54 PM   #2565
diranne
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Oddometer: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondiebythesea View Post
Very Very angry to find out that my pride & joy had been stolen last Sunday night from my "secure" garage at Maroochydore QLD AU - just putting it out there in case SOMEONE knows/hears of anyone who might have picked up 2008 MM recently or in the near future. She had approx 6500k's on her in immaculate condition with recently added spotlights (square) and a light grey screen.
They are so rare over here it's bound to turn up. There are only 3 in Perth Western Australia.
__________________
Australia - BMW HP2 Megamoto
diranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014