Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2013, 01:41 PM   #2626
Macroenie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 203
for someone who fancies one it is now possible...

Macroenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:57 PM   #2627
pim66
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Megamoto wannabe

Hello to all of you,

I read the complete thread to get an impression of the megamoto and I can say it's very very useful.
At the moment I'm riding a R1200R, but I know a megamoto for sale and I can trade the R1200R in.
Maybe some of the dutch or belgian guys noticed the one already.(Anbergen, Slagharen)
It's an 2007 UK machine (mine also is) and it has 16000 km done. Looks almost stock to me.
What's bothering me is the price 13945 euro and I'm concerned about my weight for stock suspension (103kg).
I'm not a long distant rider (max 2-3 hours) so the fuel tank is not a big issue.
I'll try to add the pictures so maybe you can all take a look if it's an interesting one.
The R1200R is running perfect, but the MM looks incredible
Thanks!![IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Pictures is not working yet, any tips for that?
pim66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:52 AM   #2628
edzt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16

I weigh 108Kg and I havn't broken mine. I should probably get the rear spring changed but to be honest it handles way past my abilities allready

You need an image hosting site to post pix, I use flickr, then right click and paste in the image box when your posting

Seems a lot of money for the milage.....has it got ABS
edzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:14 AM   #2629
vixavaguba
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Hi,

it's way too much for that age, I guess.

I had mine checked recently via a cost free online portal for curiosity only: below dissatisfying 9k Euro reseller purchase price (April 2008, 46Mm)

ABS is impossible in this case because delivery began in February 2008 only.

Kind regarda
Karl-Heinz
vixavaguba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:58 AM   #2630
pim66
n00b

Megamoto wannabe.

Thank you guys for the fast response. In my opinion is the price 2,5-3k too high.
State of the mm is very good, but like you said no ABS.
I'll go and try this flickr to get you some pictures. I tried with dropbox but didn't work.
Thanks for your advices!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:58 AM   #2631
pim66
n00b

Megamoto wannabe

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99302868@N08/9344013676/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/99302868@N08/9344013706/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/99302868@N08/9344013722/
Trying the pictures again. At least the links are working.

pim66 screwed with this post 07-22-2013 at 08:23 AM
Old 07-22-2013, 11:53 AM   #2632
air-cooled
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 217
I do all geared up a bit less than 100 and I am one off the few who thinks that suspension is pretty good.
Due to the limited number of HP2MM made the price is, wat de gek ervoor geeft, 13K is a lot but what do you expect from us? We are not selling. And I am not selling for 13K either.;-) Maybe that is some advice as well.
I am at CPZ Wednesday in between 5 and 7 pm doing some laps.
Ask if you can take the bike a bit longer for a ride.
Suc6.
air-cooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #2633
vixavaguba
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Hi folks,

I am not completely sure (picture quality) but the two inserts of the muffler seem to have
been removed. You may need to buy them if that applies and in case the local
regulations require you to be legal (official part number of the set 71 60 7 726 187
consisting of two db limiters including mounting screws and documentation).

But I am fully sure that footrests for a passenger and hand protectors for the driver are
not standard on a MM but accessories which needed to be bought separately during
ordering procedure. So this is beneficial in your case.

Batteries are worth to be inspected carefully because they die much too early on all
BMW motorcylces since some few years already. Check the wear of the black finish
on the front fork tubes (in early models its disappearing after awhile as a more or less
cosmetic issue). Have a thorough look at the side stand mechanic. Its mounting
plate is made from aluminium (shiny and light) which has been replaced later by a
steel version (black and heavy) because it has _proven_ to be too weak if not used
strictly according to the manual. As one of the consequences the side stand switch
will fail for example. Brake fluid (front brake) looks quite dark already and may need
to be changed. Make a test ride to check the brake disks for improper wear as they
are often failing. I got the third set of disks and they are worth being replaced again
already. Ask them to confirm that the ring antenna is the latest one available or at
least replaced by a reliable version of it. There were several call-backs for early failing
antennas So impress the dealer with some internal knowledge in order to lower the
price a little bit).

Kind regards
Karl-Heinz

P.S: http://www.anbergenmotoren.nl/hexon/...hp?sid=5031373
P.P.S: http://www.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/i...html&notrack=1
(to keep your excitement above a certain level ;-))

vixavaguba screwed with this post 07-22-2013 at 01:59 PM
vixavaguba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #2634
hankgs
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,763
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixavaguba View Post
Hi folks,

I am not completely sure (picture quality) but the two inserts of the muffler seem to have
been removed. You may need to buy them if that applies and in case the local
regulations require you to be legal (official part number of the set 71 60 7 726 187
consisting of two db limiters including mounting screws and documentation).

But I am fully sure that footrests for a passenger and hand protectors for the driver are
not standard on a MM but accessories which needed to be bought separately during
ordering procedure. So this is beneficial in your case.

Batteries are worth to be inspected carefully because they die much too early on all
BMW motorcylces since some few years already. Check the wear of the black finish
on the front fork tubes (in early models its disappearing after awhile as a more or less
cosmetic issue). Have a thorough look at the side stand mechanic. Its mounting
plate is made from aluminium (shiny and light) which has been replaced later by a
steel version (black and heavy) because it has _proven_ to be too weak if not used
strictly according to the manual. As one of the consequences the side stand switch
will fail for example. Brake fluid (front brake) looks quite dark already and may need
to be changed. Make a test ride to check the brake disks for improper wear as they
are often failing. I got the third set of disks and they are worth being replaced again
already. Ask them to confirm that the ring antenna is the latest one available or at
least replaced by a reliable version of it. There were several call-backs for early failing
antennas So impress the dealer with some internal knowledge in order to lower the
price a little bit).

Kind regards
Karl-Heinz

P.S: http://www.anbergenmotoren.nl/hexon/...hp?sid=5031373
P.P.S: http://www.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/i...html&notrack=1
(to keep your excitement above a certain level ;-))
WTF? I have no idea WTF this guy is talking about... I have 26K miles (HARD RIDDEN Miles), and have never had ANY of the issues this guy is talking about. Mine is ALL stock. BTW there are no fucking passenger pegs on a MM as it is not design to carry a pillion; It is not a freeway/highway cruiser or KTM SMT type bike. It is made and geared for two lane twisty backroads to be attacked or a track.
hankgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:04 AM   #2635
RichBMW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by pim66 View Post
Thank you guys for the fast response. In my opinion is the price 2,5-3k too high.
State of the mm is very good, but like you said no ABS.
I'll go and try this flickr to get you some pictures. I tried with dropbox but didn't work.
Thanks for your advices!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vixavaguba View Post
Hi,

it's way too much for that age, I guess.

I had mine checked recently via a cost free online portal for curiosity only: below dissatisfying 9k Euro reseller purchase price (April 2008, 46Mm)

ABS is impossible in this case because delivery began in February 2008 only.

Kind regarda
Karl-Heinz
These bikes are so rare that there is no "guide" that can give an accurate value. The bike is priced well. If you don't want to pay that much, don't buy it. The seller will only sell for the price THEY want to. This bike dictates that.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:22 AM   #2636
bingbong
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by hankgs View Post
WTF? I have no idea WTF this guy is talking about... I have 26K miles (HARD RIDDEN Miles), and have never had ANY of the issues this guy is talking about. Mine is ALL stock. BTW there are no fucking passenger pegs on a MM as it is not design to carry a pillion; It is not a freeway/highway cruiser or KTM SMT type bike. It is made and geared for two lane twisty backroads to be attacked or a track.
Sorry but he is completely acurate, and is giving some great info on what to check. English is probably not his first language so you could be a little more generous and try to understand his intent. Pillion pegs are an optional extra as stated but no, carrying a passenger more than five miles is no fun for them or the rider. Hand guards are also not standard, touratech do some very good options but take a bit of fitting. Side stand attachment fitting breaking is well documented but mainly affected the enduro model.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:24 AM   #2637
bingbong
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBMW View Post
These bikes are so rare that there is no "guide" that can give an accurate value. The bike is priced well. If you don't want to pay that much, don't buy it. The seller will only sell for the price THEY want to. This bike dictates that.
Surely you can only sell something for what people are prepared to pay. Sure, if you cant sell it for what you want then don't sell.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:36 AM   #2638
Macroenie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 203
If I would have to buy a MM at this moment I would go on mobile.de and import one from Germany. Germans, like with their cars, are very anal about maintenance plus everything has to go to TÜV to get approved.
My HP2 MM is the EVO version I will not trade or sell...
Macroenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:46 AM   #2639
RichBMW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingbong View Post
Surely you can only sell something for what people are prepared to pay. Sure, if you cant sell it for what you want then don't sell.
You can only sell it for what you're prepared to sell it for, and someone will only pay what they're prepared to pay.

As these are so rare, only a select few of us have ever ridden one, so most people don't know what they're missing.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #2640
pim66
n00b

Megamoto wannabe

Thanks again for all the good advices. I think the best for me is trying to sell my bike first instead of trading in. The price for mine is 1k too low for me.
Maybe importing from Germany is than a good option.
If the R1200R wasn't so good for me it would be easier to trade it in for a lower price.
I know there is one more available in Holland but I lost the name of the seller.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/99302868@N08/9353554070/