Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2009, 08:18 PM   #631
HPSaucy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 291
Wow, and three we know of have been written off, so it looks like we may have the rarest US spec BMW of all time.

If the HP2s is no more then I guess I should make an effort to try and buy one. Joe, is the HP2s finished for sure too? I just wish the economy wasn't so crap, as this is no time to be buying 25k toys, but I really love that bike too. NR, are you still loving yours?
www.HP2.info
HPSaucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:01 AM   #632
Joe Bar OP
Middle England

Oddometer: 1,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPSaucy
If the HP2s is no more then I guess I should make an effort to try and buy one. Joe, is the HP2s finished for sure too?
I don't know about the HP2 Sport, when GS Marc checked in June/July when the subject was raised they were still building according to bmw-z1.com's database.

I just know that I can't find a Megamoto with a later build date than last November on the databases out there, so assume production is over and done.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:14 AM   #633
HPSaucy
Gnarly Adventurer

Ok, I've put our little HP2 info page up, and will start to try to add info as I go. Please jump in, give me any thoughts, suggestions, additions etc.
www.HP2.info
Old 10-02-2009, 12:38 PM   #634
Joe Bar OP
Middle England

Oddometer: 1,358
Quote:
Ok, I've put our little HP2 info page up, and will start to try to add info as I go. Please jump in, give me any thoughts, suggestions, additions etc.
Nice one Registered and added a couple of pic's of my own .
Old 10-03-2009, 08:17 AM   #635
HPSaucy
Gnarly Adventurer

Well it'll only be as good as we make it, but hopefully it'll be a useful resource since we've got sections about all the different things that can be areas of concern.
www.HP2.info
Old 10-06-2009, 12:31 AM   #636
Macroenie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingbong

I was debating about getting some CF handguards but after seeing these I changed my mind. I think the white/black version really complements the bike so I just ordered myself a set too.
Do I need any mounting materials or do they come as a complete kit? I could not get that clear from the website I ordered them from.

Thanks for posting these wonderful pictures. If only Holland had some nice curves and scenery like that...wow!

Cheers
Jeroen
Macroenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:49 PM   #637
bingbong
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 770
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macroenie
I was debating about getting some CF handguards but after seeing these I changed my mind. I think the white/black version really complements the bike so I just ordered myself a set too.
Do I need any mounting materials or do they come as a complete kit? I could not get that clear from the website I ordered them from.

Thanks for posting these wonderful pictures. If only Holland had some nice curves and scenery like that...wow!

Cheers
Jeroen
Hi Jeroen,
They come complete with everything you need, except you need to drill out the bar ends as they are threaded for the bar ends. Its not a big deal if you take it steady. You'll need a 13mm drill, a rotary file will help too. Once that's done its just patience in getting all the bits together where you want them and then tighten it all up.
Have fun and just shout if you are not sure of anything
Old 10-06-2009, 11:11 PM   #638
Macroenie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 204
Hi! Thanks for the info! I will do my best and post a picture when done.

Cheers
Jeroen
Macroenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:03 PM   #639
bingbong
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 770
Talking a day out with the twins

I've been meaning to write a quick ride report for a few days now but for general reasons of lazyness I have only just got to it. Bruno and I wanted to head somewhere a little interesting and make more of a ride out down a favourite road, so seeing as it was motogp day at Estoril we went in that direction and did a fly by .

First we had a meet with another idiot..erm responsible road user that is.

That really is a lovely 748 with termi's of course which provided a great sound track.
We also teamed up with another friend who is the proud owner of a bimota sb6. The camera got put back in the bag for a while unfortunately so not many on route pics at this point sorry folks, but needless to say we did a city dash across Lisbon dealing with the traffic the only way we know how
A quick duck and dive past the Circuit of Estoril which was surprisingly quiet, maybe they al fell asleep during the race....
From here we went on to a place called Cabo da Roca, its the most western point in Europe and is a favourite meet for bikes on a Sunday. Though we hoped it would be quieter today due to the motogp. And oh yes there is a light house there.
well enough gassing here's some pictures

its a beauty. Not sure if I could ride it though

So from here our stomachs let us know what time it was and we went in search if vitles. These took the form of a hot meat sandwich called a bifana, this can have pork of beef (beef is a Prego) I am giving you all this nonsense background just to tell you we were told of some especially good ones nearby and it was worth the twisty bendy road to try one .
And it was good too so we had two again no pics as were too busy eating, I'll try better next time.

following the nice eating we split up to head our ways back home, Carlos (748) and the others headed back to Lisbon and Bruno and I had to head north up the coast.

Bruno's amazing expanding stomach

On the way back we had a nice view of the castle of Sintra its history and available on google and could be explained far more interestingly on there too than I could do here, but it is really worth a visit if you ever get down here.

Bruno getting down and dirty to bring you the scoop

Well we cruised of north and enjoyed the coastal sights, the sun was getting lower and the change in light makes it seem much more interesting to me, I really hate to take pictures at midday as the light is always difficult but often don't have a choice, some of the pictures are even almost into the sun which doesn't help and am not versed in the basics so its always a bit hit and miss with me. But I'd just like to point out if there is a bad picture or two in the report it probably wasn't mine . Just kidding Bruno.

The beach was looking good and these are the pictures that get you through the winter

This guy was pretty skilfull with paraglider and made a really easy landing on the beach close to the people, even the dogs didn't try to bite him.

They sure needed a drink though as it was still warm

Well it was time to get some cool air in the jacket so we took the quicker way home from here and managed a last couple of shots

about this time Bruno got real tired of hanging around with me and decided he was better off on his own.....

That's it fer now mega maniacs we'll try to improve the photo's for next time, I have some idea's.....
Old 10-08-2009, 03:20 PM   #640
Bruno Brasletti
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Hire a photografer?!?!?!... Great jod Bingbong!
Bruno Brasletti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:47 AM   #641
NakedRider
NakedRider

Oddometer: 664
Loved the shots bingbong.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:32 PM   #642
hankgs
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,828
O.K... So I am IN!

I drank the Kool-Aid and traded my GS for a MM today in Santa Cruz! I got a used 08/ABS with 6K miles. Had the dealer throw in a pair of MachineArt covers and a Wunderluch screen and I was on my way back to Santa Barbara via HWY 1 through Big Sur and Big FUN! Wow, riding that MM down 1 was like dancing with a beautiful girl, very nice! I get to Santa Maria where I usually turn off on Clark Rd to Foxen Canyon Rd and I get my FIRST TICKET in 20 years on a shitty straight-away going 70 in a 55
Now I have been riding aggesively on my GS and it seems like I was invisable to the PO-PO, I guess that is no longer going to be the case...
Anyway, great Boxer motor, a few things I noticed today;
*Suspension on bumpy backroads is just that, bumpy! My GS would glide over the crap at speed without notice (telelever VS non?)
*Freeway RPM's were a little higher than the GS, but more responsive
*More vibration than the plusher GS
*Handling was way more responsive and you could tell the bike is lighter when flicking it around tight turns
*It gets unwanted attention from CHP and the public at large
*Fuel capacity is weak, but I did 140 mi @ fill up
This bike is going to cost me more than my GS in burning tires! In one day I've already spent $400.00 in a F$3king speeding ticket! I guess I will have to blend in better!
hankgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:20 PM   #643
funhouse
Overdue

Oddometer: 3,044
Congrat's

Come by sometime and we can compare notes......and it won't get smoother until it rolls over 10K.....Bruce
PS: I've never gotten a ticket on a bike with saddle bags.......

http://picasaweb.google.com/funhouse750

funhouse screwed with this post 10-09-2009 at 08:33 PM
funhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:40 PM   #644
HPSaucy
Gnarly Adventurer

Cool, we have at least 5 in the area...

I passed two the other day while out riding, and now we've got you guys up in SB, so be great to do a ride soon. Was planning to do a run up to Cambria sometime soon, from here 1 > 101 > 33 > 58 > 46 > Santa Maria Rd.
www.HP2.info
Old 10-09-2009, 09:43 PM   #645
funhouse
Overdue

Oddometer: 3,044
at least six....

Quote:
I passed two the other day while out riding, and now we've got you guys up in SB, so be great to do a ride soon. Was planning to do a run up to Cambria sometime soon, from here 1 > 101 > 33 > 58 > 46 > Santa Maria Rd.
......HP2e's in Santa Barbara......and we've never gotten organized enough to go anywhere....Bruce

http://picasaweb.google.com/funhouse750
funhouse is offline   Reply With Quote