Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2010, 03:19 PM   #886
colr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
my vin nr 96559. Bit late but will not hurt to keep the statistics in order.
We had a bike show over here, all boxers with the new engine now except
R1200R . Megamoto no longer available. Saw a pic of Christian Pfeiffer on what looked a HP2S converted into megamoto ... things to come ?
Link .http://www.chrispfeiffer.com/PhotoVi...e/Default.aspx
colr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:51 PM   #887
hankgs
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,828
On the long road...

Hey Justin, nice pics... Did you slab-ride the MM from Vegas to the sierrras? I've done it on my GS, but man, on a MM-you da man!
hankgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:55 PM   #888
ViperJustin
Back in school...

Oddometer: 632
The trip to the Sierra Nevadas was a weekend trip. (900+ miles total) I took off around 1 in the afternoon on Friday from Vegas, went through DV, and spent the night in Mammoth. I rode to Yosemite on Saturday and did the whole park/Yosemite Valley thing. Sunday, I rode back home through DV and Pahrump. I did the entire trip via slab. Theres quite a few fun roads on the way to Yosemite. And Yosemite has some GREAT twisty roads, too. Ill have a few more pics coming up soon. Im still downloading them to my photobucket account. Also, Im thinking about doing a "Best of the West" tour; riding all over the Rocky Mountains and up and down the PCH. Either that, or Ive been thinking of even going WAY up north to Alaska.

If I dont do the trip, then Ill get a Viper (Car) instead.

My longest day on the MM so far is the Grand Canyon North trip. That was 630 miles round trip... In one day...

Oh, and I see that TouraTech is building larger tanks for the HP2. Does anyone know how much the HPN tank is here in the states?
08 MegaMoto #99529 For sale. PM for details.
ViperJustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:12 PM   #889
ViperJustin
Back in school...

Okay. You guys twisted my arm. Heres a few more pics...

FUN FUN Road!!! (East Yosemite Entrance)

Death Valley

One Last shot of the MM in Yosemite

Old 01-26-2010, 10:05 PM   #890
hankgs
Beastly Adventurer

HPN tank

The Hpn tank is $1800.00; Call BMW Atlanta as they are the U.S. distributor. Kudos man, I don't know if I could do a trip like that with the stock tank and not be sweating about not finding a gas station, especially through DV and the desert east! I am stopping (the way I ride) about every 85 miles; that is ALOT of stops

hankgs screwed with this post 01-27-2010 at 11:33 AM
Old 01-26-2010, 10:08 PM   #891
hankgs
Beastly Adventurer

Hpn

Old 01-26-2010, 10:38 PM   #892
ViperJustin
Back in school...

I can usual get about 120 miles on a tank whenever I take it easy. Lots of planning went into that trip to figure out what route(s) to take.

ViperJustin screwed with this post 01-26-2010 at 10:48 PM
Old 01-26-2010, 11:58 PM   #893
HPSaucy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 291
I don't think I'd take my MM for a long asphalt ride, the R1200S is a much sweeter long day in the saddle proposition. Good on you for slugging it out on the MM!
www.HP2.info
HPSaucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:06 AM   #894
Joe Bar OP
Middle England

Oddometer: 1,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by hankgs
The Hpn tank is $1800.00; Call BMW Atlanta as they are the U.S. distributor. Kudos man, I don't know if I could do a tip like that with the stock tank and not be sweating about not finding a gas station, especially through DV and the desert east! I am stopping (the way I ride) about every 85 miles; that is ALOT of stops
Drilling the filler neck helps the range out a lot. I can squeeze 140-150 miles out of a tank now, with the light coming on around 100 - 110 miles, that extra 20 - 30 minutes of riding time per tank on a trip really helps.

Old 01-27-2010, 11:36 AM   #895
hankgs
Beastly Adventurer

Drilling will happen!

I will be doing that mod on my next day off, Thanks!
Old 01-27-2010, 11:49 AM   #896
Joe Bar OP
Middle England

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankgs
I will be doing that mod on my next day off, Thanks!
Simple enough to do, you just need to take care lifting the neck out as the fuel level sensor is attached to the neck. I've now done my MM and my Rockster, should have done the Rockster 3 years ago, as I've gained another 40 miles on that tank
Old 01-27-2010, 12:05 PM   #897
Maineroads
Ridgerunner

Oddometer: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPSaucy
I don't think I'd take my MM for a long asphalt ride, the R1200S is a much sweeter long day in the saddle proposition. Good on you for slugging it out on the MM!
Had both. I rather be on the MM.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:12 PM   #898
Joe Bar OP
Middle England

I tried a R1200S with the Sport package (Ohlins, etc), whilst there was a lot to like about it, I didn't think it was a bike that would cover the miles as easily as my old R1100S. The riding position was a little more cramped, a little more weight on the wrists, and I really didn't like the eccentric throttle cam. They have put the same throttle cam on the new K1300R I tried, hated it on that as well.

I'm sure you'll love the MM again once you've got it back Mac .
Old 01-27-2010, 02:37 PM   #899
HPSaucy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 291
Quote:
I'm sure you'll love the MM again once you've got it back Mac
It'll really have to impress me for me not to be selling it on, because the R1200S is just so much more my kind of bike. The throttle seems fine to me, I didn't notice it working any differently to any other bike. The thing that bugs me the most about my Megamoto is how hard it is to get a seamless transition from braking/slowing into a corner to rolling on the power again. It almost always 'snatches' as you roll the throttle back on, which really spoils the ride for me. It feels like maybe it could be drive line lash, but it could be the throttle, the injection system, the computer, the tuning, anything?! Whatever it is the R12S doesn't do it, and it lets me ride with the silky smoothness that I really enjoy.

I already added the higher Helibars, which lift you up a good couple of inches, and the much better designed Corbin saddle, so it is a lot more comfy than the MM. I've never ridden an R11S so can't compare it to that, but I'm really super impressed with the R12S. It'll be interesting to see if the newly suspended MM can make its case strongly enough to make me want to keep it.
www.HP2.info
HPSaucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:47 PM   #900
Joe Bar OP
Middle England

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPSaucy
The thing that bugs me the most about my Megamoto is how hard it is to get a seamless transition from braking/slowing into a corner to rolling on the power again. It almost always 'snatches' as you roll the throttle back on, which really spoils the ride for me. It feels like maybe it could be drive line lash, but it could be the throttle, the injection system, the computer, the tuning, anything?! Whatever it is the R12S doesn't do it, and it lets me ride with the silky smoothness that I really enjoy.
Mmmm, interesting, can't say I notice that much at all on mine, but that is part of the reason the R1200S has an eccentric throttle cam. It only opens slowly at first in relation to the amount the throttle is turned. To me it just felt flat, woolly and un-responsive, same thing on the K1300R. Maybe I just like the directness of the MM.