Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2010, 05:22 PM   #931
HPSaucy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 291
Nah, still waiting for parts for mine from my accident. Looking forward to getting it back as it will be fully Racetech set up, RT final drive, and Renzaco seat so I'm expecting it to be a whole different ride.
www.HP2.info
HPSaucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:10 PM   #932
Maineroads
Ridgerunner

Oddometer: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPSaucy
RT final drive.
Looking for more top end? I should be getting my Renazco soon also.
Let us know how you like the racetech.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:32 PM   #933
hankgs
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,778
What tires are you guys running...?

Just curious what tires everyone runs With a drying out here in So Cal, I wearing mine third set down...!
Thanks
hankgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 08:07 PM   #934
HPSaucy
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Looking for more top end?
Not really, just a more leisurely gait at the 70mph sweet spot. At 80+ it is just a bit too blowly about, but at 70 the bike seems very happy, yet the motor is spinning at 4k, which just seems unnecessary to me. I'm not doing drag strips, I just want a good all round set up that I could maybe ride cross country up to Carmel for the weekend.
www.HP2.info
Old 02-13-2010, 08:18 PM   #935
funhouse
Overdue

Oddometer: 3,044
weekend setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPSaucy
Not really, just a more leisurely gait at the 70mph sweet spot. At 80+ it is just a bit too blowly about, but at 70 the bike seems very happy, yet the motor is spinning at 4k, which just seems unnecessary to me. I'm not doing drag strips, I just want a good all round set up that I could maybe ride cross country up to Carmel for the weekend.
Strap some gear on the MM and meet us in Death Valley Wednesday for dinner.....S'wells.......only weenies go to Carmel for the weekend....Bruce

http://picasaweb.google.com/funhouse750
funhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:04 AM   #936
HPSaucy
Gnarly Adventurer

Lovely idea, but I'm up to my eyes in work this week!!
www.HP2.info
Old 02-14-2010, 03:29 AM   #937
RoteEddie
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineroads
Anything going on in Mega land? About 7 more weeks before mine comes out for spring cleaning. Anybody buy anything interesting lately.
Not MM specific, but I have been shopping gadgets lately :-)

- Samsung N140 Netbook. Great for travelling with me on the bikes. Half the size of my other laptop, 1.2 kgs, and 9 hours of battery time.

-GoPro Hero HD Camera. Simply to get better sound than my ContourHD. Not arrived yet.

- Cheetah M27 Rider laser jammer: http://www.speedcheetah.com/scshop/p...M27-Rider.html

I'll see if I can make it easily transferable between my bikes. If not, it is most likely to be atached to the Tuono

I also left the MM forks with my friend who runs a Suzuki shop. It's simply been too cold here for the last 2 months to do any work in my garage. Oil change is therefore left to a competent mechanic.

I'm leaving for a 2 week holiday with my family now. Hopefully the snow will be gone and spring not very far off.
12' KTM 690 Enduro R Evo2
RoteEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:29 AM   #938
Bruno Brasletti
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Contis

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankgs
Just curious what tires everyone runs With a drying out here in So Cal, I wearing mine third set down...!
Thanks
After having started to get some strange reactions from the OE Michelins, I got a pair of Sport Attacks. Only managed to do about 300Km with them but so far so good.
Bruno Brasletti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:51 AM   #939
RoteEddie
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Brasletti
After having started to get some strange reactions from the OE Michelins, I got a pair of Sport Attacks. Only managed to do about 300Km with them but so far so good.
I changed from SportAttacks to Michelin PS 2CT. Only reason is their superior wet weather performance as I plan to tour my MM more this season. The Sport Attacks are very good on dry roads and OK in the wet.
12' KTM 690 Enduro R Evo2
RoteEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 07:10 AM   #940
bingbong
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 769
Bruno only does "bone" dry so the wet performance wont worry him.

I'm not a fan of the stock mich's either. They do some strange things on tarmac that's a bit polished, warm or cold. Tyres that is. Having said that since the ambient temp has dropped they do seem better. The effect I was getting was like a tyre had gone flat, or the rear drive bearing had gone. I would have panicked but Bruno had the same thing

bingbong screwed with this post 02-14-2010 at 07:18 AM
bingbong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 07:13 AM   #941
bingbong
Studly Adventurer

Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineroads
Anything going on in Mega land? About 7 more weeks before mine comes out for spring cleaning. Anybody buy anything interesting lately.
I haven't been wasting time this winter..... I have a load of virtual projects started . Including the re design of the front end of the MM. Re search is still on going but I might have "settled" on a direction to go in, more to follow................ I hope
Old 02-14-2010, 07:17 AM   #942
bingbong
Studly Adventurer

[quote=HPSaucy] , RT final drive,

My idea would be to go with the maxmoto 3.0 final drive (just need money ), then hopefully my relaxing 70 would be 3rd gear and almost virtical
Old 02-14-2010, 07:20 AM   #943
lousgoose
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 246
I see that some folks on the thread have actually purchased passenger pegs for this bike. Just curious, has anyone actually ridden with a pillion on board? How'd that work out for ya?
Old 02-14-2010, 11:15 AM   #944
alfaris
MOTERO TORERO

Oddometer: 1,152
Eh? Pikes Peak Setup Inquiry

Hi,

i did book a MM yesterday. a 2008 unit from BMW staff, 3000 miles on it. To buy it I am going to quit my current renting on a F800GS, is a good bike but doesn´t give me much feeling on the road , even in the dirt, so i need a MM to push me up a bit. For the pure dirt i am keeping a XRR and a 525.

I am going to use it for many purposes, including some short commuting, urban , as many mountain roads as i can, and if i can, go to the Pirynees or even the Alps next summer to burn all those mythic mountain passes.

as a former HP2E owner, i wonder if someone has tried the pikes peak setup but on a street legal way.... i know there was a PP version for japan......

i mean on street version because those tires are not street legal, so maybe someone fitted another 17" tires.

well the MM has only 160mm suspension travel, but with a kindda tires like those sure it could handle some smooth fire roads if necesary. If they raced the Pikes Peak with that setup sure i can try some occasional easy dirt incursion......

cheers
Old 02-15-2010, 08:07 AM   #945
bingbong
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lousgoose
I see that some folks on the thread have actually purchased passenger pegs for this bike. Just curious, has anyone actually ridden with a pillion on board? How'd that work out for ya?
I've got them on mine, the bike came with them. I took "she who must be obeyed" out on the mm but they are quite high up. So they seem to be for short trips only. The KTM 950se rear pegs fit and are lower, so if it was a common thing riding 2 up it would be a worth while investment.