Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2008, 05:20 AM   #91
fixinbones
Tarmac Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron50
The metric sizes are 24 and 27.
I had the same difficulty, not having open enders in those sizes and finding the shifters that would fit too big to manouvre easily.
That's why I used the preload adjustment method initially.
Dropping the Ohlins out the bottom makes it all very easy.
Just as a rough guide I used a small tape measure to check how much clearance there was between the top of the rear tyre and the inner guard, with the bike on the sidestand, before moving anything.
The reading was 222 mm visible, so with the length of the small tape being about 50 mm that makes the clearance 272 mm.
Of course, increasing the preload won't increase this reading if the shock is already fully extended, whereas reducing preload will drop this clearance.
Thanks for the advice!
'13 Ducati Diavel AMG #163
'09 KTM 65XC (son's ride)

Gone: '10 Ducati Multistrada 1200S, '11 BMW R1200GS, '10 BMW S1000RR, '08 BMW HP2 Megamoto, '07 KTM 950SMR, '05 BMW R1200GS, '94 BMW R1100R
fixinbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:18 AM   #92
Giraffe
Mocker

Oddometer: 214
No reply so far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlejuice
Any info on where to purchase? who makes it, quality, fitment, etc? TIA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bar
It's a Serrispecial part, details as above.
Anyone with info about where to get this item in the US and how much?

Anyone besides pepot have this on his MM yet?

Giraffe screwed with this post 10-28-2008 at 11:19 AM
Giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:05 AM   #93
Joe Bar OP
Middle England

Oddometer: 1,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe
Anyone with info about where to get this item in the US and how much?

Anyone besides pepot have this on his MM yet?

I would guess this only available straight out of Italy at the moment. I've only seen pepot and anus on the Italian forum with them. Not seen the screen on another site anywhere else, and I've had a good look
Old 10-28-2008, 05:22 PM   #94
Ron50
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 161
Quote:
I would guess this only available straight out of Italy at the moment. I've only seen pepot and anus on the Italian forum with them. Not seen the screen on another site anywhere else, and I've had a good look
Can anyone tell me the colour of the wire and the easiest place to intercept it to put a switch in to turn the lights off without causing the failed globe warning light to trigger?

Can't see much reason to go for the whole Euro light switch as I'll almost never be riding the bike at night.

Lights on is no longer compulsory in Australia but all the bikes imported are still wired this way.

Ron50 screwed with this post 10-28-2008 at 11:50 PM
Ron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:47 AM   #95
Joe Bar OP
Middle England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron50
Can't see much reason to go for the whole Euro light switch as I'll almost never be riding the bike at night.
There isn't a "Euro" light switch anymore - our lights are now wired on as well :-(, so can't think there's an optional circuit available that won't trip the fault display.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:40 AM   #96
Ron50
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
There isn't a "Euro" light switch anymore - our lights are now wired on as well :-(, so can't think there's an optional circuit available that won't trip the fault display.
The tricky computer operated lights system means that if you disconnect the tail light wire -- even running it through the plug that stops a fault showing when you remove the rear guard for racing -- the yellow warning light stays lit and the brake light comes on at lower power to simulate a tail light.

Turning the headlight off by means of the blinker cancel switch still causes the "lampf" signal to come up on the dash.

So there's no much to be lost by putting a switch in the low beam circuit and putting up with the tail light being on and the "lampf" showing -- at least there's no yellow warning triangle light staring at you.

Ron50 screwed with this post 11-09-2008 at 03:48 PM
Old 11-03-2008, 08:33 AM   #97
Beetlejuice
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixinbones
I just took the baffle out of my Akra race can today. All I can say is OMFG does it sound mean!!!!!!!!!! I'll try to video a sound bite of it for you guys
how did you get it out? I tried removing the screw but the baffle appears to be press fit into the can. won't budge.
Beetlejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:49 AM   #98
fixinbones
Tarmac Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlejuice
how did you get it out? I tried removing the screw but the baffle appears to be press fit into the can. won't budge.
You were able to remove the screw, right? My screw was actually spot welded to the can but the weld breaks easy with a socket wrench. Assuming you have the screw out, sometimes it is a snug fit between the baffle and your can. Take a pair of pliers and gently grab the rim of the baffle and pull it out.

Gone: '10 Ducati Multistrada 1200S, '11 BMW R1200GS, '10 BMW S1000RR, '08 BMW HP2 Megamoto, '07 KTM 950SMR, '05 BMW R1200GS, '94 BMW R1100R
Old 11-03-2008, 09:52 AM   #99
Giraffe
Mocker

Oddometer: 214
Question "Race" can or "Stock" can?

pics would come in handy too!
Giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:03 PM   #100
Megaman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
I didn't want to dedicate a new tread for the Isotta screen as it has been discussed already here.

My first impression after riding only a few miles - noisy but a very good protection. My head doesn't bounce all over the place anymore but the stream of air hits me right in the helmet. I am 5'11" and if I lift my head a bit it's quieter and the air goes around my neck, today was also a windy day so I will do more riding tomorrow and evaluate the screen further. The finish of the screen is superb and it looks great on the bike.

Cheers,
The Man
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:45 PM   #101
Joe Bar OP
Middle England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman
I didn't want to dedicate a new tread for the Isotta screen as it has been discussed already here.

My first impression after riding only a few miles - noisy but a very good protection. My head doesn't bounce all over the place anymore but the stream of air hits me right in the helmet.
Surprised to hear that. I'm 5'10" and I find the screen really quiet, with no turbulence issues. It was one of the worries I had before buying it ,as both my KTM950 Adv and my Rockster both had very noisy screens. Never cured the KTM as I ended up selling it, but replaced the screen on the Rockster for a much smaller item that is musch quieter.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:32 PM   #102
Ron50
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megathumper
I too was out on the bike all day yesterday, the best bit was we found a 80km section of isolated country road out the back of Oberon near Bathurst, the best 30km part of it running down the side of a train track, was a little bumpy but sweeping corners switching back & forth over the train track winding our way through the foothills, probably only saw 2 or 3 cars in a hour, just bloody great, a spring day made for biking....wonderful
Is that the road through Perthville, Gresham and Newbridge?
Did you know that the Abercrombie Road from Bathurst to Taralga is sealed all the way through now?
Old 11-11-2008, 07:08 PM   #103
Megaman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
Quote:
Surprised to hear that..........
Joe I rode the bike for another 60 miles and now I realize that the screen works very well. The noise is present sometimes but this is based more on the direction of the wind and the position I hold my head. Under normal conditions the ride was very quite. Yesterday I was really concerned when I first tested the bike now I am a happy camper.

Cheers,
The Man
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:36 AM   #104
Joe Bar OP
Middle England

Now got the Aros Marmitte de-cat header pipes fitted. I've not had chance to ride it yet, but first impressions are that they are very light, at standstill noise doesn't seem much altered with stock baffles in and only slightly louder than before with the baffles out.

Very easy to fit and everything lined up and fitted without any problems or modification needed.

http://www.arosmarmitte.it/

[/
Old 11-19-2008, 11:33 AM   #105
fixinbones
Tarmac Adventurer

Joe,
They look great and you will notice a big difference up top in the rpm range without the cat. Give us a report when you've had a chance to blast around. Have you considered getting a new can? The stocker is pretty heavy and big but I do think it flows pretty well. I just put the baffle back into my Akra race can. It was a touch too loud and I couldnt here those lovely boxer valvetrain noises with it out. I don't think theres much in the way of power loss with the baffle in. All the extra power comes from getting rid of the cat.