ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2012, 05:34 AM   #4201
BumpyRoad
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerjim View Post
Damn..This working shit is really cutting into my tagging career. Here's what the other (stone) side of that unusual bridge looks like.

I think I saw you heading the other way on Rt 20? I had just enough signal to post from the tag spot. I meant to leave early in the morning to pick it up but work got in the way.
BumpyRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:41 AM   #4202
BumpyRoad
Adventurer

Should be fairly easy. Untagged town.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:42 AM   #4203
viverrid
not dead yet

Oddometer: 30,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumpyRoad View Post
...I had just enough signal to post from the tag spot.
Youse guys with your "smartphones"! I go home to post.
Advanced pancreatic cancer found 04/2010. Have outlived +/- 97% of patients with this diagnosis, but 08/2013 cancer now in liver, vascular system and lungs with 20+ lung tumors. Sick/weak sometimes, not riding much. No more treatments & now under Hospice care.
viverrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:44 AM   #4204
viverrid
not dead yet

The House

The House was built in 1752 by Moses and Elizabeth Porter on a tract of land known as “Forty Acres and its skirts.” These acres had been owned in common by the householders in the northeast quarter of the stockaded town of Hadley when it was laid out in 1659.
Advanced pancreatic cancer found 04/2010. Have outlived +/- 97% of patients with this diagnosis, but 08/2013 cancer now in liver, vascular system and lungs with 20+ lung tumors. Sick/weak sometimes, not riding much. No more treatments & now under Hospice care.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:18 AM   #4205
beemerjim
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 416
Good one. I can't believe no one had tagged that town yet.
Not only do I have to post from home, but, I still use a camera, which I forgot to bring to work today. So I'll have to go home 1st, and prolly got bruced again.
I did take rt 20 from middlefield to huntington last night, I also saw Peter wave to me (driving in a car) on town hill rd on the way to the tag,

JIm

It's all about attitude & timing.

I'm not sure where we're going, but this road seems to be paved with good intentions.
beemerjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:49 AM   #4206
Boatman
Ride more, BS less!

Oddometer: 10,016
Quote:
Good one. I can't believe no one had tagged that town yet.
Not only do I have to post from home, but, I still use a camera, which I forgot to bring to work today. So I'll have to go home 1st, and prolly got bruced again.
I did take rt 20 from middlefield to huntington last night, I also saw Peter wave to me (driving in a car) on town hill rd on the way to the tag,

JIm

Do you have a laptop or netbook? Makes tag life a lot less hectic. Plenty of WiFi out there for uploading,,, libraries, McD's, Starbucks, Staples, pretty much anywhere.

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:58 AM   #4207
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatman View Post
Do you have a laptop or netbook? Makes tag life a lot less hectic. Plenty of WiFi out there for uploading,,, libraries, McD's, Starbucks, Staples, pretty much anywhere.
Or....just chill and enjoy the ride
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:12 AM   #4208
Boatman
Ride more, BS less!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury264 View Post
or....just chill and enjoy the ride

Old 07-12-2012, 08:29 AM   #4209
beemerjim
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 416
One of my daily objectives is to try a new road or street. This tag thing sure has helped me find some nice ones. With my "ancient" technology, I may just have to shoot for the "Most Bruced" award. ;-)

It's all about attitude & timing.

I'm not sure where we're going, but this road seems to be paved with good intentions.
beemerjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:36 AM   #4210
Boatman
Ride more, BS less!

Quote:
One of my daily objectives is to try a new road or street. This tag thing sure has helped me find some nice ones. With my "ancient" technology, I may just have to shoot for the "Most Bruced" award. ;-)

There's a silver lining in every cloud!!

This is the main reason I like playing the tags,,,, I've found some real cool things and roads that I normally would have never found.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:39 AM   #4211
BumpyRoad
Adventurer

Quote:
Same here. I found some beautiful roads on this trip that I'll revisit. When the dirt road got down to where it was almost single track though the RT wasn't all that happy. All part of the "adventure". We are blessed to live in this part of the commonwealth with so many great roads.

Sorry you were Bruced
Old 07-12-2012, 08:46 AM   #4212
NukeChief
ETC(SS) Retired

Oddometer: 182
Quote:
I like to pick an old tag as a destination. No rush and I get to enjoy all the cool places people have been.
Plus I am guaranteed to not get bruced...

Success teaches us nothing; only failure teaches.
- Hyman G. Rickover
NukeChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:23 AM   #4213
viverrid
not dead yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatman View Post
That bridge I posted is pretty far from any McD's, Sbux or Staples. Most towns have a library of some sort but is it open, and do they have wifi? They probably have a desktop set up for pubic use. But some western MA towns don't have high speed internet. There is no cable TV in my entire township for cable modems, and DSL only reaches part of the town (it reaches the library buy not my house). I use a cellular modem at home.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #4214
Boatman
Ride more, BS less!

Quote:
Originally Posted by viverrid View Post
That bridge I posted is pretty far from any McD's, Sbux or Staples. Most towns have a library of some sort but is it open, and do they have wifi? They probably have a desktop set up for pubic use. But some western MA towns don't have high speed internet. There is no cable TV in my entire township for cable modems, and DSL only reaches part of the town (it reaches the library buy not my house). I use a cellular modem at home.
I was using the commercial businesses as an example. There are many others that provide free wifi. Including many restraints. Most libraries don't turn off the wifi when they are closed. You can use it from the parking lot. Many town offices, churches and local museums also have free public wifi. My town doesn't have cable either but plenty of people still have DSL or satellite internet. I can ride down any road in my town and pick up a wifi signal.

My point is that you are never far from being able to upload a pic or two. Better than riding home to see that you have been bruced. And you can continue riding.

You could pick up an old out of date smart phone and just use it for the wifi. Take pic, find a wifi signal, upload and ride.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:33 PM   #4215
NukeChief
ETC(SS) Retired

Oddometer: 182
Old tag

130 River Drive, Hadley

Success teaches us nothing; only failure teaches.
- Hyman G. Rickover
NukeChief is offline   Reply With Quote