Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2008, 02:07 PM   #16
DrLewall OP
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 30,719
if you have small fuel tanks, mite wanna top off in crosses..it's on the right hand side, brown wood looking building..combs doesnt have gas anymore from what I have heard..and if we need to, we can take the dirt roads to Turners Bend for more fuel..anyway lets see if we cant pull this off.
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:17 PM   #17
DrLewall OP
The Human GPS

Update

Talked to LR today..it's been almost 3 weeks since I sent my paper work in for the Bonded Title, so LR informed me today that my paperwork was recieved and I should be getting the approval for title next week sometime. Looks like I will have to purchase a "bond" of abt $125 from a bonding agent and then take that with my paperwork to the Dept of Finance and get me a plate..so HOPEFULLY by end of next week, I'll have the XR tagged!
Old 10-31-2008, 06:47 AM   #18
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Oddometer: 10,254
It's about time! It always takes a month or two when you deal with L Rock on anything that has to do with a title.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:10 AM   #19
red neckerson
Lifetime novice

Oddometer: 95
Hey Doc, I'm just about to have to go through this same BS. I discovered this yesterday after returning to the dealer where I recently purchased a used XR250R. I stopped in to check if they had received the title from the original owner (bike was on consignment) and discovered there was no title. Oh what fun. I have two questions. What exactly did the ASP need to look at for VIN certification? Which ASP facility did you visit for this to be done? TIA
1986 Honda XR250R
1980 Yamaha DT125
1986 Yamaha YZ80
1995 Harley 1200 Sportster
red neckerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:40 PM   #20
TT.TOM
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Title

I have done this procedure on an old (1920's) car. It takes a little effort but it works.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:41 PM   #21
DrLewall OP
The Human GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by red neckerson
Oh what fun. I have two questions. What exactly did the ASP need to look at for VIN certification? Which ASP facility did you visit for this to be done? TIA
1) The need the vehicle to verify the VIN on the bike so I had to take the XR to them.
2) I went to troop L HQ in Springdale..the lady who filled out the form (and it's a good idea to take your bill of sale as it should have the VIN on it or any document with the VIN on it with you)..anyway took her a good 15-30 seconds to verify the VIN on the bike. They can not give you the form to fill out, they do it themselves. AND if you schedule for a trooper to come to your city, it's a $25 fee, so for me, it was quicker and "almost" cheaper to take it to a troop HQ.

After the ASP gives you the VIN verification form, you mail it and the APPLICATION to LR..you can find the APPLICATION here or go to your local revenue office and ask for one, which they will give you one free.

The process takes abt 3 to 4 weeks before the state either approves or deny's your app, so need to be patient applies here. I mailed mine off on OCT 10 and here it is the 1st of NOV and I do not have it back yet, I am suppose to have it back sometime this week tho, as per LR when I talked to them last week (friday).

Hope this helps and good luck!!!
Old 11-05-2008, 03:38 AM   #22
Dagwood_55
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,310
Well, sure does help if you DO have the title. I just got my plates for my 450x last week. I had the title, so all I needed was to fill out a form listing the parts (BajaDesigns kit) to make it street legal, then write and sign a statment telling my intent, then tax assessment and insursnce proof- $5.50 and 5 min later- a new plate.

Not I just gotta get the bike ready....
Old 11-05-2008, 05:36 AM   #23
DrLewall OP
The Human GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagwood_55
Well, sure does help if you DO have the title. I just got my plates for my 450x last week. I had the title, so all I needed was to fill out a form listing the parts (BajaDesigns kit) to make it street legal, then write and sign a statment telling my intent, then tax assessment and insursnce proof- $5.50 and 5 min later- a new plate.

Not I just gotta get the bike ready....
Some guys have all the LUCK!
Old 11-05-2008, 08:12 PM   #24
DrLewall OP
The Human GPS

got the paper work back from LR today..will run into FYV in the morrow to seek a sureity bond..I understand that process takes a week or so and then hopefully I can get a plate for the XR
Old 11-13-2008, 10:30 AM   #25
DrLewall OP
The Human GPS

Bond is in! DMV tomorrow, and XR plated and street legal by the weekend!
Old 10-14-2011, 08:54 AM   #26
mdawg12
Old and Slow

Oddometer: 1,548
Good Thread

I'm fixing to go through this same process on my DRZ400. This helps. Any other advice since the last post? Looks like it's been a few years. I'll add my experiences here as I go.
mdawg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 12:28 PM   #27
DrLewall OP
The Human GPS

No other advice..my XR is plated and been all over the place..good luck and feel free to post up what you did and had to got thru!
Old 10-18-2011, 07:35 PM   #28
mdawg12
Old and Slow

Thumb Step 1

Trailered the bike by AR State Police HQ in Springdale. Went to the desk and told the guy what I was wanting to do. He was quick to help and easy to work with. Had the form for the state title application filled out and my bill of sale from 5 years ago. That made it easy. Went out to verify the VIN. He knew his dirt bikes... cool! Longest time spent was his asking questions about my FJ Cruiser. Sounds like he did a lot of off roading in CO. Talked about my last adventures there this summer. Great guy.

Got my form and will mail everything out tomorrow.

So far so good.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:44 PM   #29
mdawg12
Old and Slow

If this keeps going so well I may have to plate my 79 IT400...if I could figure out how to rig a 20 gal gas tank to it!
Old 10-18-2011, 07:51 PM   #30
DrLewall OP
The Human GPS

GREAT! So you gonna ride with us when you get it tagged?