ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2009, 11:13 AM   #841
Tslapper
#!

Oddometer: 6,056
The ol' XR fender ought to be flapping pretty good tonight.
Guess I'll go see if it's still standing in the parking lot.
Tslapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:44 PM   #842
radguzzi
The Journey is the Reward

Oddometer: 5,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKMLWR
For those of you who rode to work...have a nice blast home..
I had two off site meetings ta-day both about five miles away in different directions.... your basic 30 knot wind off the water is friggin' awesome... Lean, man, lean...!
rd

Member: AMA - USCRA - MGNOC
radguzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:12 PM   #843
The Raven
Banned

Oddometer: 4,813
I used to live in Orrington, Broke down a lot on those roads with the old CB450. That dirt rd down near swetts pond used to be gated and connected to back bucksport rd, can you access it now..

Quote:
Went out for the usual 1hr lunch ride made interesting by the wind gusts which are over 40mph according to local weather...found a little dirt road in outer Orrington by Swetts Pond...
The Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:15 PM   #844
The Raven
Banned

Oddometer: 4,813
at least 50 miles today, Liberty to stockton springs to watch our 22' sailboat do a cork impression, then back....I rode in a hurricane once with my old r1100gs, I thought I was hard core....I was a joke. Now if I rode the KLR, it would have been a different story....There were parts of Rt3 that I was at a 45' degree angle and still starting to drift.....

I did drop it once..I was 500' away and a gust blew her clear over.....my fault all the way though....didn't set the guy wires well enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by radguzzi
I had two off site meetings ta-day both about five miles away in different directions.... your basic 30 knot wind off the water is friggin' awesome... Lean, man, lean...!
rd

The Raven screwed with this post 05-14-2009 at 06:05 PM
The Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:27 PM   #845
MaineThumpah
Tons of gear wearer

Oddometer: 723
Quote:
Went out for the usual 1hr lunch ride made interesting by the wind gusts which are over 40mph according to local weather...found a little dirt road in outer Orrington by Swetts Pond...
I just got home, had meetings @ my Mid Coast Hospital jobsite all day. Holy windy batman. At least I finally got to really test out how waterproof my gear is. I'm impressed, my clothes are bone-dry underneath the gear

I had a gust of wind nearly blow me over while stopped in BIW traffic on the Brunswick/Topsham Rt. 1 connector.

"You can't drink beer??? That's the saddest thing I've ever heard "
-dgriss1
MaineThumpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:57 PM   #846
GEOBREW
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
I too enjoyed the light breeze and pouring sprinkle on my way home! All stayed dry but my socks! Forgot to velcro the cuffs of my rain pants and the water channeled right into my boots! Doohh!!! Glad I got rid of the Duc aka garage queen no way I'd a ridden her after checkin the weather this am! And one other thing...gotta love the guards and heated hand grips!!!!

brew
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver. Deep Thought, Jack Handy
GEOBREW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:38 PM   #847
BKMLWR
Wondering around...

Oddometer: 4,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedLoyalist
I used to live in Orrington, Broke down a lot on those roads with the old CB450. That dirt rd down near swetts pond used to be gated and connected to back bucksport rd, can you access it now..
gate is open but road has a few serious ruts, 1st gear territory but for a lunch time run it was fun.... I started at the Back Bucksport end and rode thru

Next rides to check out Holden/Dedham area for roads I see on GE when I wander off my appointed task at work...

got home just as the sprinkles were startin to thicken...nice to have that waterproof gear so there is no more "beat the rain" syndrome...
BKMLWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:51 AM   #848
over_come
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Well, I was going to post yesterday since I had forgone riding to spend time with the mrs since she is leaving me for the weekend (to go take the MSF course in NH ) but due to my slow internet image shack wasn't working. It was today...

So it is official, I love Maine. I spent about three hours on Tuesday and six hours riding around on Wednesday. Went to Lincoln and up to Presque Isle and just putzed around in general trying to get lost. I only succeeded in losing myself.

Here are two pictures I liked. This one is on Grindstone rode from Medway to Siberia.

The second was on Rt 2 north of Island Falls.

It was a wonderful day and I look forward to many like it.
over_come is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:49 PM   #849
radguzzi
The Journey is the Reward

Oddometer: 5,564
Doo Party, Sundaaaaaaay....!

Ok, so we're all set for the KLR Doohickey Party here Sunday, get here whenever you like after 0800... Coffee will be on, prolly some muffins or something...

I just picked a fresh tube of Loctite Blue so no need to bring that.

See ya then...
rd

Member: AMA - USCRA - MGNOC
radguzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:57 PM   #850
Kaw4Life
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,037
I'll bring the Cinnamon rolls!
Kaw4Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:20 PM   #851
MaineThumpah
Tons of gear wearer

Oddometer: 723
Sounds like a plan

"You can't drink beer??? That's the saddest thing I've ever heard "
-dgriss1
MaineThumpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:47 PM   #852
BKMLWR
Wondering around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by over_come
Well, I was going to post yesterday since I had forgone riding to spend time with the mrs since she is leaving me for the weekend (to go take the MSF course in NH ) but due to my slow internet image shack wasn't working. It was today...

So it is official, I love Maine. I spent about three hours on Tuesday and six hours riding around on Wednesday. Went to Lincoln and up to Presque Isle and just putzed around in general trying to get lost. I only succeeded in losing myself.

Here are two pictures I liked. This one is on Grindstone rode from Medway to Siberia.

The second was on Rt 2 north of Island Falls.

It was a wonderful day and I look forward to many like it.
check out the OT to Brownville Jct route on the "Maine Local Roads" Thread. It would make the ride from Millinocket to Bangor more interesting...
Old 05-15-2009, 05:53 PM   #853
over_come
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Quote:
check out the OT to Brownville Jct route on the "Maine Local Roads" Thread. It would make the ride from Millinocket to Bangor more interesting...
Thanks for the tip. I was going to start looking for a good way down.
By the way, is the "Maine Local Roads" thread where I should have posted those pics?
over_come is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:03 PM   #854
BKMLWR
Wondering around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by over_come
Thanks for the tip. I was going to start looking for a good way down.
By the way, is the "Maine Local Roads" thread where I should have posted those pics?
The purpose of the MLR thread is to share local road info. The Maine Atlas by deLorme is used as a reference for the page numbers and zones on pages as with any thread we sometimes wander...If you don't have a Maine Atlas, its probably the best map for the state. I bought 2. I pulled the 2nd one apart to use in a tankbag or if you have access to a photocopier with 11x17 paper I use that too...the MLR thread is also a place to identify dirt/gravel roads...Sometimes we get focused on all the dirt we can't ride and forget there is alot we can.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:50 PM   #855
PWRCRZR OP
Grumpy Old Bastard

Oddometer: 7,379
Quote:
The purpose of the MLR thread is to share local road info. The Maine Atlas by deLorme is used as a reference for the page numbers and zones on pages as with any thread we sometimes wander...If you don't have a Maine Atlas, its probably the best map for the state. I bought 2. I pulled the 2nd one apart to use in a tankbag or if you have access to a photocopier with 11x17 paper I use that too...the MLR thread is also a place to identify dirt/gravel roads...Sometimes we get focused on all the dirt we can't ride and forget there is alot we can.
You use maps

I was just telling Ginger that you are a walking talking map of Great Maine roads. Can't wait for the big DS ride this summer.
However, I am not complaining because I know that I am probably better today then I will be tomorrow, so I try and enjoy every day as it comes, and stay determined to live well and be appreciative of what I still can do..."Stromsurfer"
PWRCRZR is offline   Reply With Quote