Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 08:20 PM   #151
aprilian
Can I change this?

Oddometer: 405
My spedo is 7% fast compared to my GPS enabled radar detector. It doesn't seem to change much with different tires.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:49 PM   #152
HH060g
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
mfbj40,
I just saw your post and I just put the wheels on tonight... But in the haste of wanting to get the bike together tonight I just realized that I have to get them rebalanced. So when I take them off to take to my buddies bike shop I will count the number of slots. I have no idea of the accuracy of my speedo, but I imagine it would be similar to Aprilians. I have a question maybe you guys can help me out with. The ABS rings have a little rust on them but I didnt paint them because I was concerned it would trip up the sensor since the paint would make the slots a slightly different size or mess up the magnetic field (not sure how it really works, so that might be me over thinking it) Any input on whether I should leave them be or if it would be safe to paint them is appreciated.
HH060g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:20 PM   #153
mbfj40
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 158
Paint's not a worry for the rings or their operation. Your only concern would be if too thick of a paint or powdercoat application fattens it up so much that it rubs on the face of the sensor.
mbfj40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:48 PM   #154
HH060g
Adventurer

It is back together!! i have a bunch more i want to do... but i missed riding it.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:50 AM   #155
shagginwagon
n00b

Oddometer: 9
HH-
Bike looks great! Almost like it belongs to be driven by the spartan chief in HALO. haha. well done, hey what bracket did you use there for your Tail Tidy?
shagginwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:16 PM   #156
HH060g
Adventurer

Thanks Shaggin,
I need to change the color of the seat and the more I stare at the bike, the more I want to paint the frame and the swing arm, either the green or black... I want to lose all the grey. No more working on the bike for a while thou.. I have a thousand other things that according to my other half are more important... lol, i.e. the green machine behind the bike. It needs a new stator and switch boards, so that is what is getting my attention next.

Cheers!
Old 02-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #157
HH060g
Adventurer

oh... and the tail tidy, I just ripped the old whale tail apart and cut and drilled the plastic the way I wanted it. I dont have blinkers or a light on my tag, but I will gets some on there soon.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:57 PM   #158
Bike#8
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 170
First ride of the season...

I took my XMoto out last week for a ride and have gotten a couple more in since then. Mid February MC riding in Idaho :)

I have a few questions maybe you guys can answer...

I have the Scorpion exhaust. It makes a notable difference in power delivery, but is Spinal Tap loud. Any dB killer on the market?

Also, will the ECU automatically adjust for the exhaust and (say a K&N filter), or do I need to start looking at a PC V?

Thanks.

2007 BMW XMoto, purchased new 12/08. Added: Touratech small rack, MRA screen, Twisted Throttle mirror wideners, TTO Tachometer, Manic Salamander SS Throttle Lock/bar weights, Scorpion Exhaust, PIAA 100 Watt bulb, Continental Conti Force Supermoto tires, BMW crash bars, BMW belly pan, T-Rex Racing front and rear axle sliders.

Then: BMW XMoto, Suzuki SV1000S, Honda 919, BMW XChallenge, Honda FT500, Suzuki GS650E, Yamaha XT500, Kawasaki 500 H1, Yamaha DT175, Suzuki TM125, Suzuki TS100.

Bike#8 screwed with this post 02-18-2013 at 10:04 PM Reason: Added info.
Bike#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:41 AM   #159
aprilian
Can I change this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bike#8 View Post
I have the Scorpion exhaust. It makes a notable difference in power delivery, but is Spinal Tap loud. Any dB killer on the market?

Also, will the ECU automatically adjust for the exhaust and (say a K&N filter), or do I need to start looking at a PC V?

Thanks.
You might look at DB Dawgs - I don't know how well they work, but my experience is that the restrictors make the exhaust sound tinny. You may only be able to bring it down to 10 1/2

ECU (based on posted dyno AFR's) runs lean. You can run without any fuel enrichment (many have and that is how I bought my used Xmoto) but you can get better "giggles" if you find a way to enrich the maps. Fueling on the x discussed here http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=654767
Old 02-19-2013, 06:49 AM   #160
xaman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 451
Good looking bike, and nice mods.

I've got the scorpion exhaust too, and you are right -- it's ridiculous loud.

The exhaust thread recently convinced me that the power gains weren't as legitimate as most think, so I'v been planning to reinstall the OEM. (The Scorpion was already installed when I bought my xmoto). I'm just waiting to get the bits ordered and a little time. Did you really notice a significant difference in power delivery?

I'd love to keep the Scorpion and just tone it down, so if anyone knows of a way to kill some dB...

Just for grins, Sunday was an absolutely beautiful day in Arkansas:

xaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #161
Bike#8
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilian View Post
You might look at DB Dawgs - I don't know how well they work, but my experience is that the restrictors make the exhaust sound tinny. You may only be able to bring it down to 10 1/2
Lol on the 10 1/2! dB Dawg is the exact product I was thing of, but couldn't remember. Thanks!

Xaman, the main reason I made the exhaust switch was to avoid the leg roasting catalytic converter. The throttle response is much crisper with the Scorpion. Power difference... It feels faster and revs better to me. All subjective though.

Then: BMW XMoto, Suzuki SV1000S, Honda 919, BMW XChallenge, Honda FT500, Suzuki GS650E, Yamaha XT500, Kawasaki 500 H1, Yamaha DT175, Suzuki TM125, Suzuki TS100.

Bike#8 screwed with this post 02-19-2013 at 09:30 AM Reason: Spelling
Old 02-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #162
Solace OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 891
The green bike looks pretty cool. Switch out those stock mirrors! I used BMW ones from an F800GS and they look much better.

Later,
M
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #163
aprilian
Can I change this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
The green bike looks pretty cool. Switch out those stock mirrors! I used BMW ones from an F800GS and they look much better.
How do they work? I had tried to find a set of those mirrors and in the mean time tried all the mirrors off my current bikes and ended up leaving the one from the Street Triple on the X. they work better, but still have a fair amount of vibration (which they also had on the Street).
Old 02-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #164
shagginwagon
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Hey guys,

anyone know what's a good universal or (other bike that fits) tail tidy kit I can install on the x-moto?

looks like clearance on the turn signals has to be just right or you'll get stuck on the muffler w/ the turn signal. i'm in need of a replacement.
shagginwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:11 AM   #165
Bike#8
Gnarly Adventurer

I forgot to mention the Shorai battery I installed in my XMoto a couple of weeks ago. So far it it doing a great job. Also, I have a ABS speedometer correction ring I picked up. I'll try to get it installed soon and will report back on my results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bike#8 View Post
I took my XMoto out last week for a ride and have gotten a couple more in since then. Mid February MC riding in Idaho :)

I have a few questions maybe you guys can answer...

Thanks.

2007 BMW XMoto, purchased new 12/08. Added: Touratech small rack, MRA screen, Twisted Throttle mirror wideners, TTO Tachometer, Manic Salamander SS Throttle Lock/bar weights, Scorpion Exhaust, PIAA 100 Watt bulb, Continental Conti Force Supermoto tires, BMW crash bars, BMW belly pan, T-Rex Racing front and rear axle sliders, Shorai Battery, ABS Speedometer corrector ring..