Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #166
mixster
n00b

Oddometer: 4
where did you find an abs correction ring for the xmoto wheel? ive looked around and cant seem to find one anywhere so im about ready to have a run laser cut and sell a few to recoup the cost.
mixster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:09 PM   #167
Bike#8
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixster View Post
where did you find an abs correction ring for the xmoto wheel? ive looked around and cant seem to find one anywhere so im about ready to have a run laser cut and sell a few to recoup the cost.
I'll check the packaging, but if I remember correctly I purchased if from a gentleman in Australia. This would have been ~ 2 years ago. I had forgotten all about it until looking through my parts box a few weeks ago.

Then: BMW XMoto, Suzuki SV1000S, Honda 919, BMW XChallenge, Honda FT500, Suzuki GS650E, Yamaha XT500, Kawasaki 500 H1, Yamaha DT175, Suzuki TM125, Suzuki TS100.
Bike#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:18 AM   #168
scooter noob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaman View Post
Good looking bike, and nice mods.

I've got the scorpion exhaust too, and you are right -- it's ridiculous loud.

The exhaust thread recently convinced me that the power gains weren't as legitimate as most think, so I'v been planning to reinstall the OEM. (The Scorpion was already installed when I bought my xmoto). I'm just waiting to get the bits ordered and a little time. Did you really notice a significant difference in power delivery?

I'd love to keep the Scorpion and just tone it down, so if anyone knows of a way to kill some dB...

Just for grins, Sunday was an absolutely beautiful day in Arkansas:

Great shot there! What type and size tires are you running on your xmoto?

BMW MOA# 192310
scooter noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:35 PM   #169
xaman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 470
Thanks,

Continental TKC80
Front 120/70
Rear 150/70 17

Really great for gravel roads and such, decent for pavement twisties. But I'm sad about a high speed wobble that's developed, it wasn't there with traditional sumo rubber...
xaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:01 PM   #170
scooter noob
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Thanks,

Continental TKC80
Front 120/70
Rear 150/70 17

Really great for gravel roads and such, decent for pavement twisties. But I'm sad about a high speed wobble that's developed, it wasn't there with traditional sumo rubber...
Dam
Ng, l didn't think they made 'em in that size. Cool, thanks.

BMW MOA# 192310
Old 02-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #171
scooter noob
Gnarly Adventurer

At what speed is the wobble present?

BMW MOA# 192310
Old 02-26-2013, 12:14 PM   #172
xaman
Gnarly Adventurer

Depends on the severity of wind/crosswind, but generally starting at 80 mph indicated.

The pic above was from a recent trip, and my first time to have the rotopax on the tail rack. Interestingly, I experienced no wobble on that ride (just a day), even though GPS clocked me at 90 at one point. I don't know if the extra weight on the rear helped, or if the lack of wind was just incredibly favorable that day. I need to get out and ride it again here at home and gather some additional data and patterns before I draw any hard conclusions...

I've run 2 sets TKCs on my scrambler for almost 10k miles now, and never had any wobble at any speed. Hopefully I can get it dialed in for the xmoto, because I've absolutely loved the performance on gravel. Seems like the next best choice is Avon Distanzia, but that's a strong lean back to mostly street performance.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:37 PM   #173
scooter noob
Gnarly Adventurer

I ran the Pirelli MT-60r front and rear last year, the front has most of the tread left, but the rear needs replacing at just over 5,000 miles. They did well on dirt, but the long pavement rides wore them out.

BMW MOA# 192310
Old 02-26-2013, 07:43 PM   #174
xaman
Gnarly Adventurer

5k is totally reasonable to me.

No wobble, steady at speed?
Old 02-26-2013, 10:23 PM   #175
scooter noob
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
5k is totally reasonable to me.

No wobble, steady at speed?
No wobbles, a slight vibration at 70mph, but it goes away by the time it gets around 80-85mph.
Here's my xmoto before I dumped her on my last ride fall 2012.

BMW MOA# 192310
Old 02-27-2013, 04:06 PM   #176
xaman
Gnarly Adventurer

Great to know about the tires. They aren't as aggressive as the TKC, but are worth a try. I'd trade a little mud sand performance for speed.

Nice seat on there btw!

You dumped it? Is it still in service?
Old 02-27-2013, 04:23 PM   #177
scooter noob
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Great to know about the tires. They aren't as aggressive as the TKC, but are worth a try. I'd trade a little mud sand performance for speed.

Nice seat on there btw!

You dumped it? Is it still in service?
Thanks on the seat, it works great! No real damage, just the windscreen was lost. I'm also looking at Heidenau K60s or K76s.

BMW MOA# 192310
Old 03-02-2013, 09:21 PM   #178
scooter noob
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Thanks,

Continental TKC80
Front 120/70
Rear 150/70 17

I forgot to ask, is that the stock rear wheel? It looks like it in the photo.

BMW MOA# 192310
Old 03-07-2013, 05:59 PM   #179
mixster
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bike#8 View Post
I'll check the packaging, but if I remember correctly I purchased if from a gentleman in Australia. This would have been ~ 2 years ago. I had forgotten all about it until looking through my parts box a few weeks ago.
im just curious because i had gotten in touch with a gentleman that was getting them made for the other x bikes but they wont mount up due to the forged wheels. im hoping someone has actually installed one and proved its correction. I hate going down the freeway with my speedo saying 80mph and getting passed by little old ladies. wish I really knew what speed I was going without having my gps on. I know 86-88 on my speedo puts me at about 80mph. just want my bike to be correct. im kinda anal that way.
mixster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:26 PM   #180
Bike#8
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixster View Post
im just curious because i had gotten in touch with a gentleman that was getting them made for the other x bikes but they wont mount up due to the forged wheels. im hoping someone has actually installed one and proved its correction. I hate going down the freeway with my speedo saying 80mph and getting passed by little old ladies. wish I really knew what speed I was going without having my gps on. I know 86-88 on my speedo puts me at about 80mph. just want my bike to be correct. im kinda anal that way.
I understand completely. My speedo also reads 88 mph vs 80 mph GPS. At one time I had a small printed "speedo vs actual" spreadsheet chart taped to my handlebars as a reference. I'll see if I can find it on my computer.

I haven't had any luck locating the abs ring package yet. Next week I'll have a go at swapping out the rear abs rings. On the XMoto it is pretty easy to pull the rear wheel off.

Then: BMW XMoto, Suzuki SV1000S, Honda 919, BMW XChallenge, Honda FT500, Suzuki GS650E, Yamaha XT500, Kawasaki 500 H1, Yamaha DT175, Suzuki TM125, Suzuki TS100.

Bike#8 screwed with this post 03-07-2013 at 07:28 PM Reason: Speling :)
Bike#8 is offline   Reply With Quote