Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2013, 09:39 PM   #181
xaman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter noob View Post
I forgot to ask, is that the stock rear wheel? It looks like it in the photo.
Yep, stock wheel.
xaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:38 PM   #182
scooter noob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaman View Post
Yep, stock wheel.
EXCELLENT!!!!! Thanks for all the info!

BMW MOA# 192310
scooter noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:40 AM   #183
Bike#8
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixster View Post
where did you find an abs correction ring for the xmoto wheel? ive looked around and cant seem to find one anywhere so im about ready to have a run laser cut and sell a few to recoup the cost.
Well, I finally found my paperwork...I was on the wrong side of the planet :) The abs corrector ring came from these guys...

http://www.hotrodwelding.nl/home.php

It was 43 Euros delivered in July, 2010. Question, I was charged a VAT of a bit less than 7 Euros. Is this correct for items shipped to the states? Thanks.

Then: BMW XMoto, Suzuki SV1000S, Honda 919, BMW XChallenge, Honda FT500, Suzuki GS650E, Yamaha XT500, Kawasaki 500 H1, Yamaha DT175, Suzuki TM125, Suzuki TS100.
Bike#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #184
xaman
Studly Adventurer

Got the seat concepts installed. I'll take it for a decent spin tomorrow weather permitting, but I expect it to be much better than stock (this is my third bike to get a seat concepts seat).

Comparison with stock foam:

It's not as attractive as the original xmoto two tone, but not bad.

I'm kinda thinking I should have gotten the gripper top though. I went with carbon top and sides, and it's fairly slick. Probably not much of an issue since I never have a pillion.

I'll report back after some riding.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #185
scooter noob
Gnarly Adventurer

Pretty nice, Xaman. I went with a Renazco seat with the suede top and vinyl sides.

BMW MOA# 192310
Old 03-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #186
xaman
Studly Adventurer

Seat Concepts was first choice, but at the time they weren't doing XMotos...

Renazco was on my list, as they look killer, but decided to go with Rick Meyer instead. I've already sent him a second seat pan, paid half down (about the price of the SC) and am in line for an April delivery.

Then SC decided to make these, so I bought one for the heck of it, lol.

I figure I'll get them both in, see which is better, then sell the other. In the meantime, I'm trying not to count up what I've spent on xmoto seating...
Old 03-08-2013, 03:42 PM   #187
Butters
. . . . . .

Oddometer: 2,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaman View Post
I'm kinda thinking I should have gotten the gripper top though. I went with carbon top and sides, and it's fairly slick. Probably not much of an issue since I never have a pillion.

I'll report back after some riding.
Yep - if I was to do it over again, I'd probably get the gripper top too. I got the regular vinyl on the top and sides. It's slick when I'm wearing my cordura pants. With the cotton/kevlar pants it isn't as much of an issue.

That said, for $170 and very little wait, it's tough to beat. I'm curious to see your new seat though.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:12 PM   #188
xaman
Studly Adventurer

Got a little over an hour ride in, and the seat is comfy. Started to "notice" my butt at the hour mark, whereas the stocked gave me the same sensation at about 30-40 min.

I agree with Butters, should have went with the gripper top. Under heavy braking I'm sliding forward more than I like.

But agreed, well worth the $169. I just need to plan a 500 mile day to give it a real test :)
Old 05-04-2013, 01:16 PM   #189
Xoliul
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Hey guys, i'm looking into hooking up my GPS. Is the only option the BMW accessory socket on the left? My Garmin has no plug for that, I'll need to buy one. Maybe I should just attach it somewhere else like I did with previous bikes. KTM had some nice open wires for that under the dash though...
Xoliul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #190
scooter noob
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoliul View Post
Hey guys, i'm looking into hooking up my GPS. Is the only option the BMW accessory socket on the left? My Garmin has no plug for that, I'll need to buy one. Maybe I should just attach it somewhere else like I did with previous bikes. KTM had some nice open wires for that under the dash though...
Wunderlich USA sells adapters to fit the socket and the prices are reasonable. Hope this helps a little at least.

BMW MOA# 192310
Old 05-05-2013, 02:04 PM   #191
Xoliul
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
hey thanks scooter. I'm not in the US, but I just ordered one for about 5 dollars off eBay.

One more question: my clutch lever is very floppy and has quite some play up and down, what's the best way to fix this? try and fit some washers in there, or replace the lever and/or mount ?
Xoliul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:27 PM   #192
scooter noob
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
hey thanks scooter. I'm not in the US, but I just ordered one for about 5 dollars off eBay.

One more question: my clutch lever is very floppy and has quite some play up and down, what's the best way to fix this? try and fit some washers in there, or replace the lever and/or mount ?
I'm not sure at all on that one.

BMW MOA# 192310
Old 08-10-2013, 04:55 AM   #193
violetpop
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 174
There are lots of G650X Challenge and Country threads - let's see your G650X ...

Hey all, just got my self an xmoto and loving it! Needed some daily transport while a build my airhead. This will do the job of getting me to work and also weekend "b" road fun... It's a great machine, feels so light!

I couldn't resist my self and ended doing the air box mod and it also came with an after market pipe. Plans are to do the usual sumo fender/fork guards/tail tidy but its anyone's guess as to what ill end up doing with it..... Happy to be here! :)

Quick question... When checking the oil, is it done in the side stand or upright on a race stand? Cheers, Pop.
violetpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:01 AM   #194
cobrakai
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Quote:

I made some custom delrin bushings that took out some of the slack, but unfortunately the actual lever mount is angled/tapered. So if you make a bushing that fits perfectly, it won't fit in all the way and will bind. If you make it so it just fits, it will still be loose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetpop View Post
Hey all, just got my self an xmoto and loving it! Needed some daily transport while a build my airhead. This will do the job of getting me to work and also weekend "b" road fun... It's a great machine, feels so light!

I couldn't resist my self and ended doing the air box mod and it also came with an after market pipe. Plans are to do the usual sumo fender/fork guards/tail tidy but its anyone's guess as to what ill end up doing with it..... Happy to be here! :)

Quick question... When checking the oil, is it done in the side stand or upright on a race stand? Cheers, Pop.
You have to check the oil standing straight up with the engiine running at maximum temperature. So let it idle for 1-2 minutes after a ride until the fan comes on, then wait another 30 sec-1 min, then turn it off and check the oil. Screw in the dipstick cap all the way.

It's a major pain in the ass but the only way to get a correct reading with a dry sump.
cobrakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:34 PM   #195
xaman
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetpop View Post

Congrats, you're going to love it.

I see you got a small TT rack and the passenger pegs, nice extras. Those pegs are SO pricey.