Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2009, 04:28 PM   #31
Bert Fox
Casual Adventurer

Oddometer: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by slide
Congrats on getting the deal of the century.
I have an oppty to add an XMoto to my garage. A new 07 hold over,non ABS for $6000 plus tax
I love my XCH, but I would like to have the XMoto too
Bert
www.gnatsass.net
Find us on Facebook. GNATSASS
Bert Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 04:29 PM   #32
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,379
This is THE XMoto thread.... merged you into it

The bikes are too similar to buy a second one.. I'd spend money on 17" wheels from Woody's Wheel Works and you can swap wheels for less than owning 2 nearly identical bikes.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:49 PM   #33
Bert Fox
Casual Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Boy
This is THE XMoto thread.... merged you into it

The bikes are too similar to buy a second one.. I'd spend money on 17" wheels from Woody's Wheel Works and you can swap wheels for less than owning 2 nearly identical bikes.
I'm thinking of having one for my son's to ride when they come to visit. It seems a whole lot more fun than just having an older KLR/DR laying around.
www.gnatsass.net

Bert Fox screwed with this post 02-15-2009 at 05:08 PM
Old 02-16-2009, 06:38 AM   #34
QUIRKSM
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 130
Not many x-moto or supermoto guys talk on here mainly cause this is an adventure forum. But also because a lot of the super moto guys think its too big and heavy and don't give it a chance. I turned my challenge into a moto with wheels from woodys because i got a great deal on the bike even though i wanted it for the street. I absolutely love it and for the price i think it is a good idea, not to mention your sons will love it. Its great at all speeds even on the highway and just tears up twisty back roads. I say go for it but thats just me.
QUIRKSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:30 AM   #35
Spook 013
f.k.a. j0hn0tt0

Oddometer: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUIRKSM
Not many x-moto or supermoto guys talk on here mainly cause this is an adventure forum. But also because a lot of the super moto guys think its too big and heavy and don't give it a chance. I turned my challenge into a moto with wheels from woodys because i got a great deal on the bike even though i wanted it for the street. I absolutely love it and for the price i think it is a good idea, not to mention your sons will love it. Its great at all speeds even on the highway and just tears up twisty back roads. I say go for it but thats just me.
The XMoto seems to be for people that want a supermoto, but not in every sense of the word. It's more of a cushy bike, but don't take that the wrong way. The XMoto seems to be a little more livable, all around, from what I hear. Although, it DOES have the typical wooden-plank seat. The supermoto purists will find something in any supermoto-class bike to discredit it. Some people even bitch that the Aprilia SXV isn't a "true" SM because it has 2 cylinders. Can't please everybody...
Spook 013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:06 PM   #36
Bert Fox
Casual Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0hn0tt0
The XMoto seems to be for people that want a supermoto, but not in every sense of the word. It's more of a cushy bike, but don't take that the wrong way. The XMoto seems to be a little more livable, all around, from what I hear. Although, it DOES have the typical wooden-plank seat. The supermoto purists will find something in any supermoto-class bike to discredit it. Some people even bitch that the Aprilia SXV isn't a "true" SM because it has 2 cylinders. Can't please everybody...
I had a DRZ SM and was really surprised by how good it worked for dirt road stuff out here in the West. I eventually sold it and bought the XCh for the off road and thousands of miles of dirt roads here in NV. A year ago I moved from Elko in the NE corner of NV with no twisty pavement for 100s of miles to Yerington on the west central side of the state with the Sierras about 30 miles away. Now I long for the SM kind of riding too. I have an FJR for a bit of 2up and I like the XCh for the dualsport stuff. I am very familiar with the GX bikes and think that the XMoto would be a hoot and would be all the SM bike a 55 year old guy would need. I had my XCh seat worked over by Spencers in FL. For $75, it was the best thing I ever did. I would do the same for the XMoto. I have 2 sons in their 20s still in Elko. When they come to visit,it would be fun to have the extra thumper here. I like riding thumpers, and have no qualms with 4-500 mile days on em. The XMoto at $9500 was too much. At $5900, it makes me think...
Bert
www.gnatsass.net
Old 03-13-2009, 01:39 PM   #37
fazer6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace
I sold my Challenge and got a new Moto. First order of business was to add the Akrapovic full-Ti system ...

Original header

New Ti header

Going on the new bike

Added the axle sliders

And peg sliders

Exhaust system includes nice carbon heat shields

Ready for the first ride

The results? Awesome! Pipe is loud but it is a good loud. Sounds great rolling the throttle through the middle gears. Bike handles well at higher speeds. I need to get a few more heat cycles on the motor so I can ramp her up. This bike is going to rock down in the hills!

Stay tuned, I have a couple plans for the bike including Challenge wheels/tires and maybe some bodywork changes.

Where can I get these peg sliders? I've ground off quite a bit of metal already, and it would be nice to have something that has less friction than the peg itself.
fazer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:48 PM   #38
fazer6
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazer6
Where can I get these peg sliders? I've ground off quite a bit of metal already, and it would be nice to have something that has less friction than the peg itself.
Never mind, I found 'em
Old 03-14-2009, 07:44 AM   #39
ropedrag
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazer6
Never mind, I found 'em
Where?

ropedrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:46 AM   #40
fazer6
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ropedrag
Where?
msrp $47 http://www.bmw-riders-gear.com/BMWRA...MW&bplo=&bphi=
Old 04-13-2009, 07:06 PM   #41
Solace OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 892
Yeah, the peg and axle sliders are BMW part numbers.
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:44 PM   #42
tarmacter
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace
Yeah, the peg and axle sliders are BMW part numbers.
Hey Solace,

Would you mind doing a nice exhaust video for us? I've yet to hear an Akra on the G650X. I have a Leo on my X-Moto, but am looking for something a little smoother/deeper sounding for my X-Challenge.

Thanks!
tarmacter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:52 PM   #43
Bert Fox
Casual Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmacter
Hey Solace,

Would you mind doing a nice exhaust video for us? I've yet to hear an Akra on the G650X. I have a Leo on my X-Moto, but am looking for something a little smoother/deeper sounding for my X-Challenge.

Thanks!
tarmacter, do you ever think about having one of your X bikes being something different or do they compliment each other?
Bert
www.gnatsass.net
Old 04-13-2009, 09:01 PM   #44
tarmacter
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 485
LOL...I will probably sell the X-Moto next year. I really like the GS but am considering the K1200S....

On my XC I can ride(on Karoos) at around 70% of my XM pace. The biggest different in aggressive street riding is corner entry speed. I have race Pirelli's on my XM and can outride most sportbikes in the twisties.

Interestingly, I find the X-Challenge to be more highway friendly, and it has a better ride. I just took it on a 500mi day ride and could have went another 200.

The XM is a great city bike. However, its suspension can't handle aggressive trail riding(I blew out my rear shock), and I find it to be a bit on the porky side for true, tail-out SM riding. It's reliability and SUPER low maintenance intervals are it's strong point. It would be a great 3rd or 4th bike for me.
tarmacter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:06 PM   #45
Bert Fox
Casual Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmacter
LOL...I will probably sell the X-Moto next year. I really like the GS but am considering the K1200S....

On my XC I can ride(on Karoos) at around 70% of my XM pace. The biggest different in aggressive street riding is corner entry speed. I have race Pirelli's on my XM and can outride most sportbikes in the twisties.

Interestingly, I find the X-Challenge to be more highway friendly, and it has a better ride. I just took it on a 500mi day ride and could have went another 200.

The XM is a great city bike. However, its suspension can't handle aggressive trail riding(I blew out my rear shock), and I find it to be a bit on the porky side for true, tail-out SM riding. It's reliability and SUPER low maintenance intervals are it's strong point. It would be a great 3rd or 4th bike for me.
I was thinking of buying the XMoto and making it my main ride with wheels and stuff from my XCH, but I was liking the idea of the coil over shock. It sounds like an inferior shock and I would end up replacing it anyway
Bert
www.gnatsass.net