Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #106
daytona
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Thanks for the offers and suggestions, I got one comin from a dealer in low form.
daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:48 PM   #107
spconley
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
Are there any high mileage Xmoto's out there? How do they fair over time/miles? What are the service intervals and are they easy to perform yourself?
spconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:05 PM   #108
aprilian
Can I change this?

Oddometer: 412
Mine's not so high mileage (although last summer I did put 2 1/2 times the mileage on it that the PO had in the previous 4 years!).

I only have 5.5k miles. So far, most of the work I can do myself.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:20 AM   #109
cobrakai
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Hey guys, I just picked up a 2007 xmoto

Coming from dirtbikes, it's a nice transition to the street. I have searched through all these threads including the bike specific thread, but didn't exactly find the answers I'm looking for.

1. Bike has an EXIDE battery that only holds 11.4V and has already died even when on a battery tender. It shows ~13V when running, so I know it's not the alternator. Is this a recalled item or warranty item?

2. If I'm sitting at a stop with the clutch pulled in and shift from neutral to 2nd gear, the teeth on the gears will grind against eachother. It's as if the clutch is not fully disengaging, even though I have the cable adjusted properly. I read somewhere about an internal shaft issue that prevents the clutch from fully disengaging... is this a known recall?

Thanks in advance!
cobrakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:56 PM   #110
SMDrew
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrakai View Post
Hey guys, I just picked up a 2007 xmoto

Coming from dirtbikes, it's a nice transition to the street. I have searched through all these threads including the bike specific thread, but didn't exactly find the answers I'm looking for.

1. Bike has an EXIDE battery that only holds 11.4V and has already died even when on a battery tender. It shows ~13V when running, so I know it's not the alternator. Is this a recalled item or warranty item?

2. If I'm sitting at a stop with the clutch pulled in and shift from neutral to 2nd gear, the teeth on the gears will grind against eachother. It's as if the clutch is not fully disengaging, even though I have the cable adjusted properly. I read somewhere about an internal shaft issue that prevents the clutch from fully disengaging... is this a known recall?

Thanks in advance!
I had difficulty shifting from first to second, but once I switched to synthetic the problem went away (seems to be a common problem too). I'd give that a shot first.
SMDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:54 AM   #111
theunionjack
n00b

Oddometer: 9
XChallenge conversion parts

So after falling in love with my xmoto, an SUV decided to pull out in front of me last week. Bike is totaled, I fared a little better...

I literally just completed buying all of the components from BMW to convert the xmoto plastics into the challenge. The headlight housing, front fork guards, front fender, dash plastic, and even all the hardware from the dealer are sitting in a box ready to go on my bike along with install instructions.

Since a couple folks here had expressed interest in doing that conversion for the enduro look, shoot me a PM or let me know if you might want to take over the project. Otherwise I'm probably going to list these parts when I put up some other parts in a week or so.
theunionjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:10 PM   #112
scooter noob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 369
Got my seat back from Renazco on Monday. Put around 100 miles on it and it feels great. This is a definite job that should be done by any xMoto owners.

BMW MOA# 192310
scooter noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:29 PM   #113
cobrakai
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Thanks for the input :)

Another question I have is regarding the smog canister removal. The previous owner removed the canister, left the solenoid/valve attached and plugged in, left the tube from the valve connected to the throttle body, disconnected the fuel overflow tube from the top of the tank and left the other end connected to the valve, just hanging there. So right now, I assume the valve provides sufficient vacuum for the throttle body or else the bike would not run, and if I overfilled the tank, it would dump raw fuel underneath my seat.

Should I plug that tube that was connected to the overflow spigot into the solenoid valve, or is it meant to drain somewhere? Is the TB tube connected to the valve okay like that, or should I properly plug it like the DIY suggests? I also could not find the 'lower' fuel drain tube of any kind.
cobrakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #114
aprilian
Can I change this?

Oddometer: 412
Mine got its annual bath yesterday.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:26 PM   #115
Lew xmonster
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Got my xmoto couple months ago and done some mods and is hard to recognise now, but just working out how to post up pics!

Keep looking round for pillion pegs as it was the first thing on the list and the other half isn't too happy!

Anyone got any kicking about?

Does this work?
http://awes.me/J1gi6w
Lew xmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:36 AM   #116
kubiak
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilian View Post
Mine got its annual bath yesterday.
nice looking bike!
kubiak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #117
HH060g
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/...erJohnnyDs.jpg

Just to keep the thread alive.. I picked this bike up last week. There are Only 8,000 miles on the bike but it was kept outside down here on beachside in Daytona, so the plastics are pretty faded and there is a bit of corrosion. I plan on tearing it down and repainting the whole bike. Also, to see what could need to be replaced or adjusted...I have read all of the other threads so i feel pretty confident, but any info on specific things to look for would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance guys!!!
HH060g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:44 PM   #118
AZ-Twin
Dusty and Thirsty

Oddometer: 1,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by HH060g View Post
http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/...erJohnnyDs.jpg

Just to keep the thread alive.. I picked this bike up last week. There are Only 8,000 miles on the bike but it was kept outside down here on beachside in Daytona, so the plastics are pretty faded and there is a bit of corrosion. I plan on tearing it down and repainting the whole bike. Also, to see what could need to be replaced or adjusted...I have read all of the other threads so i feel pretty confident, but any info on specific things to look for would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance guys!!!

Cool, I Xmotos Rock! Nice bike!!!
2011 North up the CDR
Sierra Vista AZ to Paonia CO and Back through Moab UT

AZ-Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:35 PM   #119
mixster
n00b

Oddometer: 4
i absolutely love my xmoto. havent done too many mods as you can see. i just fill it up and ride. i came from a wr400 that i converted to street legal and then to supermoto. i thought the xmoto was not going to make me as happy riding it thru the local canyons with my sumo buddies. man was i wrong. ive done a few 400+ mile days on it. seat is horrible (looking around to get it done) but much better with compression shorts and track leathers on. still would like to get a set of the passenger pegs for the wife to ride around local with me but the price from bmw is rediculous. also thinking about a swmotech small rear rack that i can fit a small hard case on for longer rides up PCH. I have ridden mine at the local kart track with the other sumo guys and i was pleasantly surprised at how well i could keep up in the turns and then pull away on the straights. cant say how much I love this bike. I will also be getting all plastics painted white like thor and will get the wheels powdercoated bronze and the same time. also talking to a local laser cutter to make me a new rear abs ring with less slots to fix the mph/odometer over calculations. and yes, i do ride it in the dirt/mud too!!

breaking in the new pilot powers, much better than the hard factory pirelli diablos.
mixster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:20 PM   #120
noisytoys
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44

Bought it to transform it to an xchallenge, but grew to like it

Only one problem, When I hit the starter button it is always on hooligan-mode
noisytoys is offline   Reply With Quote