User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2015, 04:46 AM   #1
joca400 OP
n00b

Oddometer: 7
XC4 breather issue

Hellou guys, i got a cursed EXC 400, he is giving such a headache from the day i bouht it. It has about 400h, it has new piston and rings, timing chain tensioner, crank seals on left and right engine side, o-ring and oil pump cover. When i start the motor it transfers 1dcl engine oil to the gearbox and when gets hot it starts to emerge oil from breather, any ideas guy would be helpfull :)

Here is the link of the video: - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAGL...m-upload_owner

You can see the bubbles also coming from the breather, when engines gets hot i poor in that 1dcl that is missing and further then the engine oil is at correct level, also sometimes it transsfers the engine oil to gerabox when the bike falls on the ground while the engine is running but not the whole 1dcl just a little bit of oil. It always has to much oil in gearbox, there is no breather connection for the breather hose because it cracked inside of the thread

joca400 screwed with this post 03-02-2015 at 04:53 AM
joca400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 06:41 AM   #2
The Bruise
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by joca400 View Post
Hellou guys, i got a cursed EXC 400, he is giving such a headache from the day i bouht it. It has about 400h, it has new piston and rings, timing chain tensioner, crank seals on left and right engine side, o-ring and oil pump cover. When i start the motor it transfers 1dcl engine oil to the gearbox and when gets hot it starts to emerge oil from breather, any ideas guy would be helpfull :)

Here is the link of the video: - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAGL...m-upload_owner

You can see the bubbles also coming from the breather, when engines gets hot i poor in that 1dcl that is missing and further then the engine oil is at correct level, also sometimes it transsfers the engine oil to gerabox when the bike falls on the ground while the engine is running but not the whole 1dcl just a little bit of oil. It always has to much oil in gearbox, there is no breather connection for the breather hose because it cracked inside of the thread
Know issue with oil transfer ....I myself have a ecx 450 r two seals ....either the crank or the oil pump seal...there's plenty of data on this
Old 03-02-2015, 06:52 AM   #3
The Bruise
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the bruise View Post
know issue with oil transfer ....i myself have a ecx 450 r two seals ....either the crank or the oil pump seal...there's plenty of data on this
youtube .....
Old 03-02-2015, 06:57 AM   #4
The Bruise
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joca400 View Post

HERE IT IS.....VERY HELPFUL http://www.ktmtalk.com/showthread.ph...rank+seal+leak