Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2011, 12:45 PM   #2341
DakarboySA
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMacW650 View Post
plagiarism
Ok, so that meaning someone around the world has the exact same problems as me and has used the same word structure and paragraphs that I would have used. All this seeming so perfect it was easier for me to copy/paste to solve all my problems rather then asking my own questions right?

Thanks for the help dude
DakarboySA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:51 PM   #2342
BMacW650

Oddometer: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakarboySA View Post
Ok, so that meaning someone around the world has the exact same problems as me and has used the same word structure and paragraphs that I would have used. All this seeming so perfect it was easier for me to copy/paste to solve all my problems rather then asking my own questions right?

Thanks for the help dude
My bad, I was just joking about the look of your ride. Its awefully similar to what matto had.
I Digg it though.
BMacW650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:53 PM   #2343
DakarboySA
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprez View Post
I like it. Can you send more information on what you did for the headlights and windscreen? What you have there is what I want to accomplish. Nice job!!!
Well the headlight is a Trailtech X-2 that mounts straight onto the forks with rubber straps. There is no windscreen there that I can see

Then to accommodate the headlight, the body panels had to be trimmed on either side which in my opinion gives it a more sporty look.

Then there is a generic yamaha mudguard which costs like 15usd and bolts straight onto the forks.

The Trailtech dash is mounted onto the forks with the protective aluminum housing one buys from Trailtech.

Then there are the Yamaha USD forks with fork protectors. the internals have been worked by house of horsepower and they are mindblowing to say the least!!!!

Hope this helps somewhat. Cheers
Old 03-10-2011, 12:56 PM   #2344
DakarboySA
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMacW650 View Post
My bad, I was just joking about the look of your ride. Its awefully similar to what matto had.
I Digg it though.
Damn!!! I was hoping to get it exactly the same as what he had. Now that is more like plaguerism hahaha.

I just loved the look of his bike so thats what I went for. I will add some blue decals on though to make it a bit less plain though.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:27 PM   #2345
mrprez
KJ4WMZ

Oddometer: 1,265
Yep, I have all the front end stuff, just wondering about the headlight and stuff around it.
mrprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:46 PM   #2346
DakarboySA
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprez View Post
Yep, I have all the front end stuff, just wondering about the headlight and stuff around it.
Yeah, you can go onto the trailtech website and grab everything off there with free delivery as well. I got the X-2 with the halogen as the HID was a bit pricey. The halogen one I just fiddled with now and it definitely looks brighter then the stock dakar light. The dim's however seem useless haha. Going to see if I can wire it so that the dims come on with the brights.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:45 PM   #2347
tmotten
Lefthand ride Dutchy

Oddometer: 2,456
Quote:
Also my trailtech I have fitted works fine when riding, but then the whole screen blacks out and it resets back to miles and Fahrenheit which is annoying.
Yeah, try telling that to the coppers. You sending it back?

That front fender looks like it might just bend up with the wind.
tmotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:39 PM   #2348
DakarboySA
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmotten View Post
Yeah, try telling that to the coppers. You sending it back?

That front fender looks like it might just bend up with the wind.
Here in S.Africa they dont really care that much about ''dot'' approved headlights. If it has a light, it has a light and

I took the dakkie to 80 miles with a headwind yesterday and the front guard behaved itself nicely, so I hope there will be no problems there.

What are you guys using for brake hoses? I had one made up (not braided) and now it seems like it might be too soft? When I pull the brake lever it just keeps on pulling and the pads never seem to bite? Know what the problems could be guys? I am running the yamaha caliper as well. Cheers all.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:19 AM   #2349
rmarkr
Squatter

Oddometer: 391
Quote:
What are you guys using for brake hoses? I had one made up (not braided) and now it seems like it might be too soft? When I pull the brake lever it just keeps on pulling and the pads never seem to bite? Know what the problems could be guys? I am running the yamaha caliper as well. Cheers all.
I would suspect air in your brakes - do you have ABS? - if so, is the system properly bled?. If you can pull the lever up to the grip then something's wrong. Check that the pistons in the caliper are free, that the pads are good (I hear the Honda pads work well - there are some very hard pads on the the market that squeal by don't do any stopping).
Unlikely that the hose is swelling.
If you have the stock (size) Yamaha disc, the brakes will feel weak on the tar (compared the the BMW disc)
rmarkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:01 PM   #2350
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,549
Quote:
Here in S.Africa they dont really care that much about ''dot'' approved headlights. If it has a light, it has a light and

I took the dakkie to 80 miles with a headwind yesterday and the front guard behaved itself nicely, so I hope there will be no problems there.

If you have ABS you need to have a steel line.

You might be just having bad breaking from that small rotor. Try using CRF450 factory pads. Lots of Yamaha guys run them and they are the same size and the Yamaha ones. The factory Honda pads are the softest ones out there. I ran on my wr450 motard and now on my BMW with yz forks. They work great but wear out fast.
Parx400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:13 PM   #2351
DakarboySA
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parx400 View Post
If you have ABS you need to have a steel line.

You might be just having bad breaking from that small rotor. Try using CRF450 factory pads. Lots of Yamaha guys run them and they are the same size and the Yamaha ones. The factory Honda pads are the softest ones out there. I ran on my wr450 motard and now on my BMW with yz forks. They work great but wear out fast.
The problem is I can literally squeeze the brake lever all he way to the handlebars without being able to stop my bike going downhill with just the clutch in. The brakes are not soft, they are non-existent, and I have no clue what to do to fix it?? Please help guys, thanks.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:28 PM   #2352
BMacW650

Oddometer: 742
Uhhh...... you should check this out

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=667236

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc mad View Post

Went for a spin today to iron out any bugs with the fender, no problems at all.

Looks like it was alway meant to be there
BMacW650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:27 PM   #2353
dakarchef
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 282
Hmmm... I guess it is a bad time to post up pics of my progress. Oh well, here goes.
Got the fender together and out of the mold

Tried it on the bike:

Played around with the lights/ fairing, got the lights mounted on the plate

Fitted the fairing trying to figure out where it needs to be modified

Still lots to do. Should get lots of time in over the next week

Oh... amost forgot... fender mold
Old 03-12-2011, 03:37 PM   #2354
tmotten
Lefthand ride Dutchy

Oddometer: 2,456
Jeez. Didn't realise how high that screen sits on this bike.
tmotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:50 PM   #2355
dakarchef
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 282
Yes, it's is about as high as the ermax screen I had on it, just can't see through it. I'm still playing with the height as I haven't permanently mounted the light bracke which hold the fairings mount points. Standing I have about two feet in front of the front wheel that I can't see.