Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2012, 08:44 AM   #3181
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,509
Im selling two YZ wheels and a BMW rear. One of the YZ wheels is a 19 inch flat track rim. Its really fun on the street.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=799526

Parx400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:10 AM   #3182
zeroo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Forks for sale

After some futile tries to sell the forks on eBay to people who do not know what they are bidding on, I decided that the forks must go. 1000 USD shipped from Romania. Complete package with longer brake hose, plastics and HDB mount. Brake calliper part, front wheel axle and bearings included. Just take of your forks and put this ones.

No problems with them, they have new seals installed. I have take them off the bike because I have sold the bike on parts. They were a good fun to have, but now it is the time for someone else to enjoy them and get them on new trips.

Pics and details on request.

Regards.
zeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:20 AM   #3183
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 9,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroo View Post
After some futile tries to sell the forks on eBay to people who do not know what they are bidding on, I decided that the forks must go. 1000 USD shipped from Romania. Complete package with longer brake hose, plastics and HDB mount. Brake calliper part, front wheel axle and bearings included. Just take of your forks and put this ones.

No problems with them, they have new seals installed. I have take them off the bike because I have sold the bike on parts. They were a good fun to have, but now it is the time for someone else to enjoy them and get them on new trips.

Pics and details on request.

Regards.
Does it include the parts to enable the stock ignition barrel/steering lock to be used?
2006 Djebel 250XC
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:18 AM   #3184
zeroo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
Does it include the parts to enable the stock ignition barrel/steering lock to be used?
No, I never had that part. I have used 2 zip ties to tie the barrel on the top triple clamp. Used that for a whole year, no problems with that.
zeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:38 PM   #3185
Tessitori
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
Cad drawings for ignition triple clamp

Does anyone here have the drawings that 'Rett Butler was sharing for the ignition/lock plate needed for the conversion? I have a machinist lined up and I just need the drawing that was referred to in post #1507?

Also I want to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread. I went back through the first 129 pages of it last night and I will read more tonight. The missing component I am looking in order to start the complete install is a front mudguard.

A big thanks to Parx400 who has volunteered to help with the fork swap and others who have pm'd me ideas and suggestions.

Have a great week-end.

Andrew
Old 06-22-2012, 08:07 PM   #3186
tomatoe333
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessitori View Post
Also I want to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread. I went back through the first 129 pages of it last night and I will read more tonight. The missing component I am looking in order to start the complete install is a front mudguard.
Any mudguard that fits a Yamaha will fit. You might have to shim the rear mounting screws to keep the tail end from hitting the crash bars if you have them. I used a Polisport Universal free flow fender. I wanted something with some ventilation at the rear to get a little more air into the radiator.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:56 PM   #3187
dansin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
Quote:
Does anyone here have the drawings that 'Rett Butler was sharing for the ignition/lock plate needed for the conversion? I have a machinist lined up and I just need the drawing that was referred to in post #1507
PM me your email and I can send it over chap.
dansin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:51 AM   #3188
GSBS
FunHog

Oddometer: 3,886
Quote:
Does anyone here have the drawings that 'Rett Butler was sharing for the ignition/lock plate needed for the conversion? I have a machinist lined up and I just need the drawing that was referred to in post #1507?

A big thanks to Parx400 who has volunteered to help with the fork swap and others who have pm'd me ideas and suggestions.

Have a great week-end.

Andrew
Andrew,

I first bought a Yamaha YZ front fender, but it wasn't good in the wind at speed and created vibes. Now I use this Acerbis Motard fender and it works great:

GSBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:00 AM   #3189
Gravel Seeker
Thomas

Oddometer: 3,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSBS View Post
Andrew,

I first bought a Yamaha YZ front fender, but it wasn't good in the wind at speed and created vibes. Now I use this Acerbis Motard fender and it works great:

Staintune ?

2005: Australia - 8 months/ 26.000 km (anti clockwise circle)
2009: Norway - 2 weeks/ 6000 km (Lindesnes to North cape)

Gravel Seekers.com

Hey !
It's the African ant eater ritual !
Gravel Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:20 AM   #3190
GSBS
FunHog

Oddometer: 3,886
Silencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravel Seeker View Post
Staintune ?
Nope... it's a can off a Honda RC-51 sport bike that a buddy had leftover from a project and gave me. I had a local muffler shop fab a mid-pipe to connect to the header. To me it gives the bike an almost rallye-bike look. It weighs about 6 pounds and emits a somewhat deeper exhaust note/growl than the stock, especially when bearing down on the throttle. The EFI stock mapping seemed to be able to adjust for this pipe with no problems.

GSBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:45 AM   #3191
Gravel Seeker
Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSBS View Post
Nope... it's a can off a Honda RC-51 sport bike that a buddy had leftover from a project and gave me. I had a local muffler shop fab a mid-pipe to connect to the header. To me it gives the bike an almost rallye-bike look. It weighs about 6 pounds and emits a somewhat deeper exhaust note/growl than the stock, especially when bearing down on the throttle. The EFI stock mapping seemed to be able to adjust for this pipe with no problems.
Ok

Reason I asked is because I have a Staintune and am looking to relocate it forward and at more of an angle which will require som fab'ing

Gravel Seekers.com

Hey !
Old 06-23-2012, 06:44 AM   #3192
WayneC1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,167
Agree with you there on the staintune, the stock angle does not suit the design of the bike. I have thoughts of doing similar

In addition when I first fitted it I noticed the front of the pipe was too close to the fuel tank, I dropped in at the factory & they changed their design to move it further away,& did mine without charge.
WayneC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:32 AM   #3193
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Oddometer: 6,794
Have many guys gone with the Emig combo??

Pricy but looks great and even incorporates the ignition and even a powerlet holder.

http://www.emigracing.com/
Old 06-23-2012, 08:14 AM   #3194
Gravel Seeker
Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneC1 View Post
Agree with you there on the staintune, the stock angle does not suit the design of the bike. I have thoughts of doing similar

In addition when I first fitted it I noticed the front of the pipe was too close to the fuel tank, I dropped in at the factory & they changed their design to move it further away,& did mine without charge.
I bought mine in Oz in 2005 and it was shipped up to Townsville from the factory after I ordered it so I reckon mine was made in 2005. WHen did you get them to alter the design ?

It protruded more than the stock rear light and plate did and since the latest rebuilt it just isn't at the right angle either. Want more of a rally pipe look, think it'd be great.

You can't really beat the sound of it though I really ought to hook up the GoGro one day when I'm riding home from work, lane-splitting between the middle and left lane for many kilometers on the E6 highway out of Oslo. Just letting up on the throttle so that it burps and spits and the cars infront parts like the red sea did for Moses and I shout in my helmet to the bikes following suite:

Come me children, I have cleared the way - you are free

Gravel Seekers.com

Hey !
Old 06-23-2012, 07:01 PM   #3195
WayneC1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,167
Yes the note is good, not too loud but makes people aware you are there, even non motoring types have commented it sounds nice

It would have been in 2006 I bought mine & so the change was around then. They moved the front of the pipe down slightly to clear the tank, they did it all including re engineering mine & updating the template in about 4 hours, pretty slick operation. Mine was already modified at that stage & I tried to tempt them into a 1 off for me but no luck

The guy that did the original design used the owner of Staintune's GS to do the original design & did not realise the plastic was the tank & he commented he better update the boss's machine.

Re the length out the rear yes it is slightly more than stock but I have matched that with a "tool tube" pannier on the RHS & collectively they protect the tail light etc
WayneC1 is offline   Reply With Quote