Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2009, 12:42 PM   #151
markymcd
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank
How much was it? CAN or US? And it is this one right?? Site is confusing as hell! http://beowulf-performance-products....3714&catid=246

Very close... same can but the 380mm length (same price too):

http://beowulf-performance-products....3696&catid=246

cost was 205 (UK Pounds) plus 40 (UK Pounds) international shipping. took under 10 biz days. Top quality product for a damn good price. Lifetime warrantee too. I'm running it without the baffle and man it sounds mean.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:43 PM   #152
nosha
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Thumb F800GS Exhausts

MANY thanks to all you guys 'Over the pond' for ALL your comments, as a new owner who's very pleased with his new bike; but was just a little disappointed with the twin cylinder exhaust note - sounds fantastic on tickover, but is lost at speed.

So thanks to your recommendations I've just ordered a 380mm oval polished Beowulf, the guys on the UKGSer site also like them and for something with a lifetime g/tee so cheap!! (If you tell them you are UKGSer club members they'll give you a 10% discount!).

Thanks once again!
nosha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:37 PM   #153
RAD800
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 895
Anyone with a Beowulf think it will work with a balanced pannier rack, i havn't seen any rear on pics of one and am trying o work out if its narrow enough.

RAD800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:53 AM   #154
timmo29
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
is the the 380 mm or 450? The price is great even shipped to the US.
Sorry G, I've been waaaay off the radar for a while! Yeah, this is the 380mm version. I have to say having had it on the bike for a couple of months now, it was a great choice. I couldn't be happier with it.
timmo29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 03:13 AM   #155
Chop Chop
Hector erector

Oddometer: 1,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAD800
Anyone with a Beowulf think it will work with a balanced pannier rack, i havn't seen any rear on pics of one and am trying o work out if its narrow enough.
I have an oval model and it is just under 100mm across. Can't post any pics as still waiting for bike delivery. Total weight for 380mm ti with all supplied bits is just under 2.2kg
Old 10-15-2009, 11:38 AM   #156
nosha
n00b

The Beowulf arrived in just TWO days! Superb finish and sound! I bought the oval can which is slimmer than standard with more leg room/space from the hot silencer.

I don't know if this helps regarding the pannier question, but the std is 140mm wide and the oval 100mm, when stood behind the bike it is now not as wide as the seat bodywork. If you need pic's I will try in the daylight!
Old 10-15-2009, 12:00 PM   #157
Gangplank
Advenchaintourer

Oddometer: 2,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosha
The Beowulf arrived in just TWO days! Superb finish and sound! I bought the oval can which is slimmer than standard with more leg room/space from the hot silencer.

I don't know if this helps regarding the pannier question, but the std is 140mm wide and the oval 100mm, when stood behind the bike it is now not as wide as the seat bodywork. If you need pic's I will try in the daylight!
Please post some up when you have a chance. I'm considering the black, oval stainless and would love to see it on the bike.

What size did you order the regular or 380mm stubby? Does it clear the blinker?
Old 10-15-2009, 05:52 PM   #158
RAD800
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 895
Thanks for the reply, if its narrower than the tank i think i should be right.
Now where's their online store...

RAD800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:52 PM   #159
rogersboyz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
Pic of stock headpipe vs. Remus headpipe?

How do these two setups compare? Is the Remus tucked in? ...is it better protected? ...louder? It seems like all the chat about exhaust is based on cosmetics, and it's all for two horsepower or less. I would rather have the HP of a cleaner system, and the lower noise of the stock can. Has anybody tried this?

Thanks.
rogersboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:40 AM   #160
Gangplank
Advenchaintourer

Oddometer: 2,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogersboyz
How do these two setups compare? Is the Remus tucked in? ...is it better protected? ...louder? It seems like all the chat about exhaust is based on cosmetics, and it's all for two horsepower or less. I would rather have the HP of a cleaner system, and the lower noise of the stock can. Has anybody tried this?

Thanks.

The F800GS (and many other EU bikes like the Aprilia Shiver, etc.) have very efficient and very light cat converters. In years past the cat was in the tail pipe like on my old F650GS. On this bike and many others it is in the midpipe or built onto the header.

Basically if it is light and efficient there is no real reason to remove it unless you feel 2 added HP is worth the $$ spent. That said, the big ass stainless pipe on our bikes that sounds like a box of whasps at speed is heavy, bulky and looks like an industrial oxygen tank. Loosing 8-12 LBS off the back of the bike up high is what 2-3% weight reduction? if you gain 2 HP that is 2.5% gain in HP.

In my opinion dropping weight off the bike is just the same as gaining HP. You get it accross the board and not at one peak point in the power band. So for my $$ I'll pay a few bucks to change the look, sound and lose the weight. As long as I don't have to repack the pipe every year it is a win-win. If I happen to gain 1 or 2 HP by getting a more efficient pipe too even better.

If you like the look & sound of the stock pipe and can find somewhere else on the bike or your person to loose 10 lbs. That is just as good.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:56 AM   #161
Motoriley
Even my posing is virtual

Oddometer: 2,647
F800 pipe

I could lose way more than 10lbs....just not as easy as a mouse click.

Quote:
The F800GS (and many other EU bikes like the Aprilia Shiver, etc.) have very efficient and very light cat converters. In years past the cat was in the tail pipe like on my old F650GS. On this bike and many others it is in the midpipe or built onto the header.

Basically if it is light and efficient there is no real reason to remove it unless you feel 2 added HP is worth the $$ spent. That said, the big ass stainless pipe on our bikes that sounds like a box of whasps at speed is heavy, bulky and looks like an industrial oxygen tank. Loosing 8-12 LBS off the back of the bike up high is what 2-3% weight reduction? if you gain 2 HP that is 2.5% gain in HP.

In my opinion dropping weight off the bike is just the same as gaining HP. You get it accross the board and not at one peak point in the power band. So for my $$ I'll pay a few bucks to change the look, sound and lose the weight. As long as I don't have to repack the pipe every year it is a win-win. If I happen to gain 1 or 2 HP by getting a more efficient pipe too even better.

If you like the look & sound of the stock pipe and can find somewhere else on the bike or your person to loose 10 lbs. That is just as good.
Website - http://www.apormc.com/
Vids - http://www.youtube.com/user/Motoriley?feature=mhum
Motoriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:01 PM   #162
nosha
n00b

Sorry for delay Gangplank - been away, I'll take some pic's and post them, I bought the 380mm stubby. There is a bit of adjustment regarding how far you slide the can onto the link pipe and the clamp fits anywhere along the can.
I emailed Beowulf as I was VERY please with the 36hr delivery, also a couple of us found that after welding the spring keeps on the link pipe went slightly oval - no problem if you own a vice but a real pain if you don't. Any way they emailed back thanking me for the feed back and that from now on ALL F800GS link pipes will be checked for ovality prior to posting. You can't be fairer than that can you!?!
Old 10-19-2009, 09:45 PM   #163
markymcd
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosha
Sorry for delay Gangplank - been away, I'll take some pic's and post them, I bought the 380mm stubby. There is a bit of adjustment regarding how far you slide the can onto the link pipe and the clamp fits anywhere along the can.
I emailed Beowulf as I was VERY please with the 36hr delivery, also a couple of us found that after welding the spring keeps on the link pipe went slightly oval - no problem if you own a vice but a real pain if you don't. Any way they emailed back thanking me for the feed back and that from now on ALL F800GS link pipes will be checked for ovality prior to posting. You can't be fairer than that can you!?!

my link pipe was a little ovalized too... quite a bitch to get it on but worth it
Old 10-20-2009, 09:21 AM   #164
nosha
n00b

Here's the rushed pic's of the Beowulf Stubby that Gangplank ashed for, as you can see the tailpipe finishes level with the indicator, so just 100mm shorter (and narrower than standard).

Sorry, first they were too big, then I reduced them... now it says upload failed????

So if anyone wants a pic or two please email me at naughty_nigel@hotmail.co.uk Thanks!
Old 10-21-2009, 09:10 AM   #165
Motoriley
Even my posing is virtual

Oddometer: 2,647
Pics from Nosha of the Beowulf stubby

Website - http://www.apormc.com/
Vids - http://www.youtube.com/user/Motoriley?feature=mhum
Motoriley is offline   Reply With Quote