Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2009, 04:30 PM   #76
AngryRed
Lost in Cyber Space

Oddometer: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigem
I don't know what brand it is, has nothing on it, I got it at the right price,but its beautifully made from stainless steel and carbon fibre, mechanically baffled, weighs 2.3 kg less than the standard can, and sounds horn!!

Dude seriously you can't post something cool like that and say "no idea what brand it is". We need to know where you got it etc... details!

2013 Super Tenere
AngryRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:35 PM   #77
Toadride
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 800
I love the stock stainless pipe. I think it looks great and sounds great. One thing tho, is the cool down time. I usually can't put the cover on the bike for a good hour. My old sport bike carbon fiber was always cool enough to touch. Is that the same with that Carbon fiber can?
Toadride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:15 AM   #78
Bigem
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
Anyone mind measuring the diameter of the pipe where the silencer mounts? I have an old silencer in the garage and haven't taken delivery of my brand new 800GS yet. I wonder if it will fit.
2 1/8" from memory is the size of the intermediate pipe. Silencer fits over that. If what you have is around 2" a good muffler guy should be able to expand the muffler pipe to fit nice and snug.
And there's no place I'd rather be!!
Bigem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:27 AM   #79
Bigem
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryRed
Dude seriously you can't post something cool like that and say "no idea what brand it is". We need to know where you got it etc... details!
I got it off eBay mate. Honestly, it has no branding on it at all. I thought it may have been branded "Screamin Demon" as I have a Stainless can from them lying in the shed somewhere. Its a good bit of kit but nothing on this pipe. It was a real surprise when i took it out of the box. The baffles are stainless too. Its a work of art and I have been trying to find out where it came from. It makes a lot of "high-end" cans etc look like cheap junk!! I have one more avenue to pursue. If I find out anything I will post it.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:20 AM   #80
Steffo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigem
2 1/8" from memory is the size of the intermediate pipe. Silencer fits over that. If what you have is around 2" a good muffler guy should be able to expand the muffler pipe to fit nice and snug.
Cheers!
Old 05-08-2009, 07:27 AM   #81
sijohnston
LiverpoolFC

Oddometer: 70
Thumb ahhh...nice

i was offered a new akra can for 350, but decided that it wasn't the best option as I quite like the industrial look of the stock can on the bike. I took off to the US for a week to see my woman, left the bike with a mate who took care of the exhaust for me. First off, header pipes off and cat cut out. Secondly, the can was removed and cut into 3 to have all of its unnecessary contents removed and a stainless perforated straight-through steel pipe fitted. It was TIG welded (look like factory welds) back up, refitted, and the bike feels totally different. The bike is so much fresher on acceleration and the note is much throatier than any aftermarket can i've heard to date. If you had seen all the crap stuffed in that can along with the cat, you'd wonder how the bike can breathe at all. The engine has been thanking me since. Highly recommend this as a way forward!
sijohnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:53 AM   #82
timmo29
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Beowulf

I'm almost certain the unidentified end can is a Beowulf carbon with the Beowulf decal removed and a Dakar decal added. See here:
http://www.beowulf-performance-products.com/. I've ordered a Black Stainless "stubby" 350mm having heard and read very good reports. There's a nice video page on their site if you want to hear the before and after results....Nice!!!
timmo29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:38 AM   #83
Bigem
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmo29
I'm almost certain the unidentified end can is a Beowulf carbon with the Beowulf decal removed and a Dakar decal added. See here:
http://www.beowulf-performance-products.com/. I've ordered a Black Stainless "stubby" 350mm having heard and read very good reports. There's a nice video page on their site if you want to hear the before and after results....Nice!!!
I think you may be correct timmo. Its a beautifully made can and its identical to the beowulf round carbon cans on their site. Sweet!!
Old 06-17-2009, 02:13 AM   #84
timmo29
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Nice one Bigem,

that clears that up then, now we know for sure! I'm really looking forward to hooking mine up when it arrives and letting it rip! I'll post my thoughts on Beowulf build quality (and audio quality! ) when it arrives.

Timmo.
timmo29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:57 AM   #85
rdtele
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
I picked up a mivv about 3 weeks ago. They do them in stainless and titanium too, but I couldn't resist the look. This is the suono version. It's narrower and so much lighter than the stock can. Hoping I can do more of a balanced pannier set up down the road. It's a lower, meaner (I think) tone than stock. They have video on their site and YouTube of dyno testing.

rdtele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:56 PM   #86
AngryRed
Lost in Cyber Space

Oddometer: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdtele
I picked up a mivv about 3 weeks ago. They do them in stainless and titanium too, but I couldn't resist the look. This is the suono version. It's narrower and so much lighter than the stock can. Hoping I can do more of a balanced pannier set up down the road. It's a lower, meaner (I think) tone than stock. They have video on their site and YouTube of dyno testing.

OMG that thing looks bad ass...

2013 Super Tenere
AngryRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:24 PM   #87
dholaday
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 338
Will you please post a photo taken from the rear?

And where did you get it?

Thanks

dholaday screwed with this post 06-26-2009 at 05:42 PM
dholaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:25 PM   #88
Bike4Fun
Smooth IS Fast

Oddometer: 1,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdtele

Who did you buy it from? The U.S. distributor does not even have BMW as a bike option and I couldn't find it on their site.
Bike4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:26 PM   #89
Bike4Fun
Smooth IS Fast

Oddometer: 1,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by dholaday
Will you please post a photo taken from the rear?

Thanks
preferably ass up face down!
Bike4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:33 PM   #90
johngil
Reseda, CA

Oddometer: 3,677
Leo Vince SBK

http://www.leovinceusa.com/cart/sear...=BMW&Year=2009

Leo Vince SBK.
Lighter than stock and a bit slimmer. Comes w/ a quiet insert that seems quieter than stock. I will probably test w/ the db meter for giggles. It sounds great w/ and w/o the insert and revs freer than the stocker. There is a carbon fiber model as well. For the price, I'm very happy. I don't mean that to sound bad, I just can't get my head around paying $700 for an exhaust. This one was just under $400.

johngil screwed with this post 06-26-2009 at 10:48 PM
johngil is offline   Reply With Quote