ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-23-2012, 02:49 PM   #6556
BgDadddy
Big Dufus
 
BgDadddy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Asheville, NC & Florida
Oddometer: 1,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Daniel View Post
Rick:

Right now I don't know what we'll be doing

Probably not much of anything

I'll PM ya my cell number

Call me Sunday
Works for me.
BgDadddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:58 PM   #6557
jaydee1445
Footpeg Crash Tester
 
jaydee1445's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: high sided into the orange grove
Oddometer: 3,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
Still can't get that 'Berg to start, huh? Toss a Ninja 250 motor in it, that would be ultra sweet. Though I suppose you're planning to go the other way and use the 'Berg forks/wheels on the Ninja motor/frame.
Actually got the berg starting on one or 2 kicks. Still a bit of rough idle figure I can sort it out. I'm too broken for the type of riding it is good for. I thought I'd do more single track but I hurt for days after the last time I went out on it I miss the KLR.
jaydee1445 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:59 PM   #6558
BgDadddy
Big Dufus
 
BgDadddy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Asheville, NC & Florida
Oddometer: 1,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee1445 View Post
Actually got the berg starting on one or 2 kicks. Still a bit of rough idle figure I can sort it out. I'm too broken for the type of riding it is good for. I thought I'd do more single track but I hurt for days after the last time I went out on it I miss the KLR.
Old fart!
BgDadddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:42 PM   #6559
Philip Kuntz
Fleasy Rider
 
Philip Kuntz's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Central FL
Oddometer: 4,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee1445 View Post
Actually got the berg starting on one or 2 kicks. Still a bit of rough idle figure I can sort it out. I'm too broken for the type of riding it is good for. I thought I'd do more single track but I hurt for days after the last time I went out on it I miss the KLR.
WTF, did you fall off your stationary bike?
Philip Kuntz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:31 AM   #6560
sanjoh
Purveyor of Light
 
sanjoh's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Mountains of Central Florida:)
Oddometer: 4,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee1445 View Post
I miss the KLR.
Seriously, wait let me find a pic to remind you of how much you miss it
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:13 AM   #6561
jaydee1445
Footpeg Crash Tester
 
jaydee1445's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: high sided into the orange grove
Oddometer: 3,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
Seriously, wait let me find a pic to remind you of how much you miss it
I miss the wide seat that my butt can ride 500 miles and then putz around on forest roads. Chasing the fast burners 20 years my junior on single track just doesn't ring my bell. Guess that does make me an old fart. Shit I even joined the Concours owners group.
jaydee1445 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:08 AM   #6562
Jack Daniel OP
See Ya At The Swamp
 
Jack Daniel's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Weeki Wachee, FL
Oddometer: 12,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee1445 View Post
...Shit I even joined the Concours owners group.
Need to find out from Amber when they all go to Tybee
__________________
Only he that has traveled the road knows where the holes are deep

The Scrub The Swamp
Jack Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:35 AM   #6563
sanjoh
Purveyor of Light
 
sanjoh's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Mountains of Central Florida:)
Oddometer: 4,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee1445 View Post
I miss the wide seat that my butt can ride 500 miles and then putz around on forest roads. Chasing the fast burners 20 years my junior on single track just doesn't ring my bell. Guess that does make me an old fart. Shit I even joined the Concours owners group.
Wide seat and single track in same paragraph

Find that ex500 and put it in the berg.

20 yrs your junior, that makes you 70

What kinda stuff is commin out o those tv tubes anyway
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:51 PM   #6564
jaydee1445
Footpeg Crash Tester
 
jaydee1445's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: high sided into the orange grove
Oddometer: 3,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Daniel View Post
Need to find out from Amber when they all go to Tybee
The national rally is in Eureka Springs Ar this year I had a great time out there last summer.
jaydee1445 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:36 PM   #6565
HTSRocker
Absurd
 
HTSRocker's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2003
Location: Tallahassee
Oddometer: 2,325
Is it impossible to change a fuel pump on an 92 f-150 by your self with just minimal tools?

Two hose clamps, three sheet metal screws holding, the fuel filler neck in place, Four bolts holding the tank straps in place, two fuel line disconnects and the removal of an electrical plug for the fuel plug.

Next time I'll call upon the young ADV locals to help remove the bed. What a fucking workout ... or cut a hole through the fucking bed of the truck
__________________
Every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain.
HTSRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:35 PM   #6566
Jack Daniel OP
See Ya At The Swamp
 
Jack Daniel's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Weeki Wachee, FL
Oddometer: 12,004
How many times now have you had to replace it?

Hole in the bed with a marine style port might very well be the answer
__________________
Only he that has traveled the road knows where the holes are deep

The Scrub The Swamp
Jack Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:40 AM   #6567
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK
 
Buzztail's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: BUZZTOPIA
Oddometer: 10,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTSRocker View Post
Is it impossible to change a fuel pump on an 92 f-150 by your self with just minimal tools?

Two hose clamps, three sheet metal screws holding, the fuel filler neck in place, Four bolts holding the tank straps in place, two fuel line disconnects and the removal of an electrical plug for the fuel plug.

Next time I'll call upon the young ADV locals to help remove the bed. What a fucking workout ... or cut a hole through the fucking bed of the truck
Well I ain't a young ADV'r but I am local, and you got my number :buzz
__________________
When there is no way out - Find a way further in.
DL650 DR350 MMS Edition KDX Past bikes ...and an airhead vvv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail
You shoulda told me to do this a long time ago
My bad
Buzztail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:32 AM   #6568
jaydee1445
Footpeg Crash Tester
 
jaydee1445's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: high sided into the orange grove
Oddometer: 3,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
Wide seat and single track in same paragraph

Find that ex500 and put it in the berg.

20 yrs your junior, that makes you 70

What kinda stuff is commin out o those tv tubes anyway
Wide seat and putzing on Forest roads

There are some 35 yr old fleas. Ain't Kuntz 30 something.

WTF you been Sniffin????????????

IIRC Comfort and single track was your criteria for the dirt ninja just following your lead Boss
jaydee1445 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:40 AM   #6569
BgDadddy
Big Dufus
 
BgDadddy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Asheville, NC & Florida
Oddometer: 1,761
Gotta love a w i d e seat!

BgDadddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:43 AM   #6570
jaydee1445
Footpeg Crash Tester
 
jaydee1445's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: high sided into the orange grove
Oddometer: 3,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by BgDadddy View Post
Gotta love a w i d e seat!

Ya but how is it in the dirt. You riding that to RMAR and West Fest?
jaydee1445 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014