User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 06:48 PM   #1
przjohn OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
1975 Honda CB400F

Started the teardown of the CB400F that toomanybikesmike of the NEdirtbikes site found for me this past Summer. This restore may take a bit longer than usual as I am also redoing the garage at home. The plan is to have it ready for Deals Gap first week of May next year. It is an ambitious goal and may require a bit of "Playing Hookie" from work. I give it a 50/50 right now. Winter is a long time of year unless you have a deadline to get a bike built. Some before pics of the bike.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Half a day today and here is where we are at. Whenever I start a new project the shop has to get reorganized and ready so that takes me a little time. The hope is tomorrow to have powdercoat and chrome ready to go out. Paint will still need to have the tank cleaned and lined so I am hoping to get that done during the week and have it to the painter right after new year's. Those are the long lead items and getting them out quick should help out a lot.

[/IMG]
przjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:28 AM   #2
H96669
A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer: 4,503
Keep that thread going.....somewhere under that pile there is a CB400F and the owner won't sell it to me. Or the two running/plated CT90s either.

But he is a nice guy so I was trying to convince him that it may be time to resto that CB400F and certainly keep the period correct saddlebags.I think he'd need your thread for some incentive after a lot of digging. Not sure about the roll up blind he installed back then over the rear rack but it worked well for him.....unroll and there you go, instant bike cover kept the seat dry he said.

And the pile, looks light but goes right up to the ceiling.