ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 07:27 AM   #16
GB
Mod Squad
 
GB's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto, ON
Oddometer: 55,417
Bill Blue has a 330cc big bore kit for just under $500 and is working on a 350cc kit, you can check it out here:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=405545

I got the Mikuni pumper carb from him and it's very nicely modified to fit the KLX250.
__________________
ADV decals, patches & flag? Here
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:51 AM   #17
Bake
adventurer
 
Bake's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Oddometer: 10,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Boy
Bill Blue has a 330cc big bore kit for just under $500 and is working on a 350cc kit, you can check it out here:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=405545

I got the Mikuni pumper carb from him and it's very nicely modified to fit the KLX250.
Thanks for the post, GB. To be honest, I wanted to do that, but I was afraid I'd be afoul of a "RULZ" if I did.

Sleeves and gaskets for the first 4 engines are here, order for the pistons is in this week. First 3 engines will be for testing, then I believe Bill's plan is to intially have 24 conversions available.

To answer one question I've seen, this big bore kit requires no mods to the cases. Your cylinder sent in, sleeved by Bill, then you get it back with the rest of the stuff, to do in your garage. We should be able to have jetting recommendations available, since there will be 3 test bikes.
Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:25 AM   #18
TomN OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
TomN's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Chalfont, PA
Oddometer: 2,503
FMF exhaust for the 09

http://www.fmfracing.com/default_det...KLX250S&cat=44

http://www.fmfracing.com/default_det...LX250S&cat=380
__________________
2011 DL650
2009 KLX250S

TomN screwed with this post 11-12-2008 at 11:24 AM
TomN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:24 AM   #19
TomN OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
TomN's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Chalfont, PA
Oddometer: 2,503
Front sprocket

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/prod...#vehicleSelect
__________________
2011 DL650
2009 KLX250S
TomN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 03:10 PM   #20
TomN OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
TomN's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Chalfont, PA
Oddometer: 2,503
Stole this info from another board

The IMS Pro-Series foot pegs model number 293113-4 fit the 2009 perfectly and are WONDERFUL!!! Their chart only goes up to 2006.
__________________
2011 DL650
2009 KLX250S
TomN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:05 PM   #21
NJ-GS
Studly Adventurer
 
NJ-GS's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Fareast PA (formerly NJ)
Oddometer: 769
I'm ashamed to say...

I postponed the purchase of the '09 KLX. Instead, my wife put in new kitchen countertops. $5,500. What a waste.

However, I am rewarding myself for my magnanimity. I'm buying a Russell saddle for my 1200GS.
__________________
A serious side effect of life is death. Ride while you can.
NJ-GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:58 PM   #22
TomN OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
TomN's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Chalfont, PA
Oddometer: 2,503
Aww too bad, well if you want to bring the GS out for a sand ride let me know.

Put my new bars and barkbusters on, I am ready to ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ-GS
I postponed the purchase of the '09 KLX. Instead, my wife put in new kitchen countertops. $5,500. What a waste.

However, I am rewarding myself for my magnanimity. I'm buying a Russell saddle for my 1200GS.
__________________
2011 DL650
2009 KLX250S
TomN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 12:16 PM   #23
TomN OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
TomN's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Chalfont, PA
Oddometer: 2,503
Ooo took the 09 KLX out Sunday for a ride in the NJ sand, can't beleive how much more fun it is to ride off-road than my old KLR. I was riding faster and not even thinking about it, a lot more fun and a lot less stress!

Mine is very hard to start in the cold too, putting my hand over the exhaust helps.

I got new bars so the barkbusters would go on easier.

I also got a Spitfire windshield for xmas, very nice on the road. Easy to put on too!
__________________
2011 DL650
2009 KLX250S
TomN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:09 PM   #24
drklr
MotoTrvlr
 
drklr's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: White Plains, NY
Oddometer: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomN

Mine is very hard to start in the cold too, putting my hand over the exhaust helps.
Have a '07 which is also hard to start in the cold. Read on the other KLR thread about rocking the bike back and forth while cranking it. Has seemed to make a difference.
__________________
Dream Ride: Staying 5 minutes ahead of the sweep riders.
drklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:28 PM   #25
TomN OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
TomN's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Chalfont, PA
Oddometer: 2,503
I tried that on Sun but did not help

Quote:
Originally Posted by drklr
Have a '07 which is also hard to start in the cold. Read on the other KLR thread about rocking the bike back and forth while cranking it. Has seemed to make a difference.
__________________
2011 DL650
2009 KLX250S
TomN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 06:54 AM   #26
TomN OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
TomN's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Chalfont, PA
Oddometer: 2,503
FYI:

turbocity now has all kind of racks that fit the 09 KLX
__________________
2011 DL650
2009 KLX250S
TomN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 04:59 PM   #27
GB
Mod Squad
 
GB's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto, ON
Oddometer: 55,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomN
Ooo took the 09 KLX out Sunday for a ride in the NJ sand, can't beleive how much more fun it is to ride off-road than my old KLR. I was riding faster and not even thinking about it, a lot more fun and a lot less stress
Having done about 4 years worth of dirt riding on the KLR650, the KLX by comparison is so much more fun..
__________________
ADV decals, patches & flag? Here
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:54 PM   #28
NJ-GS
Studly Adventurer
 
NJ-GS's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Fareast PA (formerly NJ)
Oddometer: 769
Back in business!

Got the green light from the CFO (wife) to purchase a new, '09, KLX250S.

I'd rather not pay the $4,999 sticker. What's a reasonable price to pay in US$?
__________________
A serious side effect of life is death. Ride while you can.
NJ-GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:19 PM   #29
GB007
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Southern California, USA
Oddometer: 284
Thumb Great Fun Bike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Boy
Having done about 4 years worth of dirt riding on the KLR650, the KLX by comparison is so much more fun..
I have been doing off-roading on my XChallenge and TE450 which are great bikes! But I just added the 09 KLX250S to my stable, and what a pleasure!!! Being able to ride slowly, smooth, it's just really fun! Reminded me of my old CT70 I used to have. What a great bike!

Now I can put both feet flat on the ground!!!
GB007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:28 PM   #30
GB007
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Southern California, USA
Oddometer: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ-GS
Got the green light from the CFO (wife) to purchase a new, '09, KLX250S.

I'd rather not pay the $4,999 sticker. What's a reasonable price to pay in US$?
5K otd in California
GB007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014