Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2008, 06:58 PM   #16
markymcd
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by labatts1999
Yep, that's the screen I'm liking so far. Looks like it'll do the job and still doesn't look ugly as hell.

SOLD!!!!! my fav. so far.... Just ordered it from the UK!!!

anybody want to buy a tinted 800 screen with Touratech spoiler???? ;)
Old 11-24-2008, 03:54 PM   #17
labatts1999
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
has anyone replace the stock screen yet? If so thoughts on improvements? Recommendations? I've read some reports from the UKgsr site but curious as to reports from folks on this side of the pond.

thanks
labatts1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 04:49 PM   #18
johngil
Reseda, CA

Oddometer: 3,678
I posted a photo of the Cee Bailey 16" euro on the previous page.
I wouldn't call it perfect, but works well for me.
johngil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 05:14 PM   #19
labatts1999
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngil
Is the improvement significant? Worth the expense?
Old 11-24-2008, 05:24 PM   #20
labatts1999
Adventurer

Quote:
I've had my bike in the shop for a month. Took it in for the 600 mile service and ordered a BMW centerstand at the same time. My bike is still in the shop waiting for that stand.

My guess is that any windscreen is going to be an improvement but the more details people can provide the better. The BMW centerstand is reported to be superior but having my bike in the shop for a month is kind ridiculous. I'm tempted to retrieve the bike.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:33 PM   #21
805gregg
Just Stroming along

Oddometer: 1,495
And people call the V-Strom ugly, that thing's been hit with the stick.
805gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 05:49 PM   #22
johngil
Reseda, CA

Oddometer: 3,678
Quote:
Is the improvement significant? Worth the expense?
I don't have much to compare it to. The last street bike I owned was a 1989 Transalp that I sold in 1993.

I will say that the protection is better than stock on the road, and that I can still ride on the pegs in the dirt. The 18" would have been better for noise, but would probably be hitting my helmet off road.

I'm sure after a couple of get offs I'll need another and will try a different manufacturer.
johngil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 06:20 PM   #23
labatts1999
Adventurer

Quote:
I don't have much to compare it to. The last street bike I owned was a 1989 Transalp that I sold in 1993.

I will say that the protection is better than stock on the road, and that I can still ride on the pegs in the dirt. The 18" would have been better for noise, but would probably be hitting my helmet off road.

I'm sure after a couple of get offs I'll need another and will try a different manufacturer.

As far as upgrades are concerned a windscreen could be considered inexpensive. The windscreen I'm considering goes for about $100 and anythings got to be better than stock.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:49 PM   #24
vasculopath
You're not your bike

Oddometer: 356
WOW. The centerstand bolts on in about 5 minutes. Easier than changing the oil. Bike doesn't need to be in the shop waiting for that part! Bust 'er out and ride!

Quote:
I've had my bike in the shop for a month. Took it in for the 600 mile service and ordered a BMW centerstand at the same time. My bike is still in the shop waiting for that stand.
The BMW centerstand is reported to be superior but having my bike in the shop for a month is kind ridiculous. I'm tempted to retrieve the bike.
vasculopath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:59 PM   #25
labatts1999
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasculopath
WOW. The centerstand bolts on in about 5 minutes. Easier than changing the oil. Bike doesn't need to be in the shop waiting for that part! Bust 'er out and ride!
The centerstand was ordered the beginning of November and is still on order. The temp here hasn't climbed above freezing since so I'm really not in a huge hurry to get it right now. That said if I had it I'd probably ride it.

I'll be jailbreaking it next week if BMW still hasn't delivered. You'd think they'd be able to fill orders faster than that. I've had better luck with Touratech.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:46 PM   #26
thelouv
ocd

Oddometer: 105
Dunno about the time frame from TT either. I ordered a center stand last week from TwistedThrottle who sells the same one as TT but $40 less for whatever reason, and was told to expect 2-4 weeks. The BarkBusters are expected to be at 6 weeks or more from the same order date. I guess that is evidence of how much we GSers are adding to the bikes.
But I did get all the Wunderlich stuff (of what was available) from Santa Cruz BMW that I ordered. Check out these crash guards:
Triumph Rocket III (sold)
F800GS (got mine)
Next? Duc 1098 ADV? nope,
went back to a Jeep, and still lovin the GS
thelouv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 05:46 AM   #27
cisco
old fat guy

Oddometer: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelouv
Dunno about the time frame from TT either. I ordered a center stand last week from TwistedThrottle who sells the same one as TT but $40 less for whatever reason, and was told to expect 2-4 weeks. The BarkBusters are expected to be at 6 weeks or more from the same order date. I guess that is evidence of how much we GSers are adding to the bikes.
But I did get all the Wunderlich stuff (of what was available) from Santa Cruz BMW that I ordered. Check out these crash guards:
Now that is first set that looks good to me. They don't rely on the engine for all the support, and protects the rad. How much$$$$$
cisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 08:23 AM   #28
markymcd
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelouv
Can you show a front 3/4 view of them???? also, can you post them in the 'Crash Bar' thread too??? cheers!
Old 12-07-2008, 12:33 PM   #29
mototrionic
interloper

Oddometer: 14
F800 GS Windscreen Options?

Has anyone upgraded the stock windscreen that shipped with these bikes? Overall, for a stock shield, it's solid but for longer rides it would be nice to farkle up my new baby with something functional that keeps the head buffering down.

Touring options from BMW is pretty pricey...TT has a nice one at half the price; http://www.touratech-usa.com/shop/me...D667uTs32CD3BB which I'm leaning towards.

Thoughts...experience?
mototrionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 12:48 PM   #30
Dr. Zaius
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 244
I put on the TT Windscreen. Love it.

I will try to post a pic later...something is not letting any pics through right now...
Dr. Zaius is offline   Reply With Quote