ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-17-2012, 08:04 PM   #901
bmwgsrider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
bmwgsrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Amarillo
Oddometer: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2R View Post
bmwgsrider,

I would call Mark at Madstad and see what he suggests for you. He seems like a straight shooter and they have a good satisfaction guarantee. If it doesn't work out, return the shield for a refund.

(352)608-4069
http://www.madstad.com

Good luck.

-Jim
Thanks Jim... I already had a nice conversation with Mark and talked to him about my concerns. I am trying to do more research on diff. shields before I decide if I want to try Madstad.
bmwgsrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:17 AM   #902
Bedouinos
Costas
 
Bedouinos's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: GR Patras
Oddometer: 104
Back to photos Here's my new one.A Puig dark Smoke.I like it...


__________________
Costas F800GS

Bedouinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:32 AM   #903
Hicks
der Überluber
 
Hicks's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Prague, CZ
Oddometer: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by mAthosalas View Post
Back to photos Here's my new one.A Puig dark Smoke.I like it...
not bad.. what about the turbulences?
__________________
R1200GS 2013 LC, F800GS '08 (130 000+km)
.de + .at + .it + .sk + .pl + .hu + .li + .ch + .fr + .es + .p + .and + .lu + .be + .nl + .uk + .sco + .ork + .slo + .hr + .bih + .srb
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:38 AM   #904
Bedouinos
Costas
 
Bedouinos's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: GR Patras
Oddometer: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
not bad.. what about the turbulences?
Not at all for me.But no perfect for touring.If you want something more touring,in my opinion,Wunderlich vario Touring.
__________________
Costas F800GS

Bedouinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:57 AM   #905
Hicks
der Überluber
 
Hicks's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Prague, CZ
Oddometer: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by mAthosalas View Post
Not at all for me.But no perfect for touring.If you want something more touring,in my opinion,Wunderlich vario Touring.
I have TT (Touratech) windscreen... good street + touring compromise for me.
__________________
R1200GS 2013 LC, F800GS '08 (130 000+km)
.de + .at + .it + .sk + .pl + .hu + .li + .ch + .fr + .es + .p + .and + .lu + .be + .nl + .uk + .sco + .ork + .slo + .hr + .bih + .srb
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #906
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv
 
Loutre's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Reaver's Heart :o)
Oddometer: 3,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
I have TT (Touratech) windscreen... good street + touring compromise for me.
hight and inseam?
__________________
Keep the smile on your face!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post
You can be imitated but not replaced. You're such a special blend the recipe is guarded like KFC's 11 herbs and spices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post


Loutre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:20 AM   #907
smj
Gnarly Adventurer
 
smj's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Colorado
Oddometer: 184
Wow... I just spent my morning reading through the info... I am 6'4" with a 34 inseam. I ride a 2010 F800GS. I will be adding a inch to the stock seat at some time, and have added the Touratech 20mm bar risers (didn't want to mess with cable lengths).

I am trying to find the balance between on road coverage and off pavement clearance. Last thing I want is to take a bite out of my windscreen while crossing a small log, or going up a step... So far, I am narrowing in on the Madstad, ZTechnik, or Britannia Mirage 2. Since returning these things seems a bit iffy and my wife says my funding is limited - any specific input on off road would be welcome! From reading the posts, I think I have a fair feel for road performance. Anyone out there who is tall who stands while off pavement, and may have spent some time dualing with their windscreen? Any input about screen survival following off pavement types of crashes? Any warranty coverage for crashes (might sound dumb, but one never knows until one asks...).

Many thanks!
smj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #908
LuigiWarrior
n00b
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Italy, somewhere between Venice&Dolomiti Mountains
Oddometer: 8
Hi Sephiro,
I write from Italy, the windscreen that you asking for is a product of WRS, a company from San Marino, a small region in the center of Italy.
I bought already one last week and I plan to mount it this week-end.
I hope to attached some pics A.S.A.P.
It is made on the base of Original Bmw Touring Shield for F800gs, and WRS tell me there aren't crash with the original BMW large handguards, when you turn the handlebar... I'll check...
Many italians forum of Bmw Motorcycles talking well about this windscreen

Sorry for my bad english I hope you can find more explanations here :

http://www.wrs.sm/PRODOTTI-WRS-CUPOL...8e00a227f.aspx

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/8260/cupwrs7.jpg

Regards
LuigiWarrior
LuigiWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #909
Lokey
redneck
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Susanville, CA
Oddometer: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by smj View Post
Wow... I just spent my morning reading through the info... I am 6'4" with a 34 inseam. I ride a 2010 F800GS. I will be adding a inch to the stock seat at some time, and have added the Touratech 20mm bar risers (didn't want to mess with cable lengths).

I am trying to find the balance between on road coverage and off pavement clearance. Last thing I want is to take a bite out of my windscreen while crossing a small log, or going up a step... So far, I am narrowing in on the Madstad, ZTechnik, or Britannia Mirage 2. Since returning these things seems a bit iffy and my wife says my funding is limited - any specific input on off road would be welcome! From reading the posts, I think I have a fair feel for road performance. Anyone out there who is tall who stands while off pavement, and may have spent some time dualing with their windscreen? Any input about screen survival following off pavement types of crashes? Any warranty coverage for crashes (might sound dumb, but one never knows until one asks...).

Many thanks!
I don't know if this will help you, but I'll throw it out anyway. I am 6' and rather long in the torso. I took a chance and ordered the Ztechnik medium windscreen. I got lucky because it seems to fit me just right, no buffeting and the wind clears my head by about two inches or so. Also I have a custom seat that raises me up about an inch

Lokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:16 PM   #910
LuigiWarrior
n00b
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Italy, somewhere between Venice&Dolomiti Mountains
Oddometer: 8
WRS windscreen

Hi,
my new WRS windscreen

https://picasaweb.google.com/1035900...84035841141186
LuigiWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:00 AM   #911
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv
 
Loutre's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Reaver's Heart :o)
Oddometer: 3,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuigiWarrior View Post
looks nice, have any outside pics? are you happy with it?
__________________
Keep the smile on your face!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post
You can be imitated but not replaced. You're such a special blend the recipe is guarded like KFC's 11 herbs and spices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post


Loutre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:11 AM   #912
malloy
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: THE FOOTHILLS
Oddometer: 714
Yeah, the WRS is a great looking screen. Doesn't look like there is a US distributor yet. With shipping from Italy it is a little spendy, however .
__________________
F650GS (Build Date 11/11)
malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:54 AM   #913
HappyHighwayman
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: San Francisco
Oddometer: 278
Is smoked vs. clear only for aesthetic purposes or does it actually help block light or something?
HappyHighwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:42 AM   #914
OnkelPopanz
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Oddometer: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokey View Post
I don't know if this will help you, but I'll throw it out anyway. I am 6' and rather long in the torso. I took a chance and ordered the Ztechnik medium windscreen. I got lucky because it seems to fit me just right, no buffeting and the wind clears my head by about two inches or so. Also I have a custom seat that raises me up about an inch


Hi!

Is the air from the screen over or below your head and what about turbulence-noice?

I am considering of buying the large ZTechnik and I am about 181 cm which should be a verly little less then 6' I think. ;-)


What about the clearances of the screens with handguards and mirrors? No problem?

OnkelPopanz screwed with this post 04-10-2012 at 04:14 AM
OnkelPopanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:29 PM   #915
HappyHighwayman
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: San Francisco
Oddometer: 278
For those of you with Madstad adjustable windscreens, do you recommend the 18" or 20" for 6' riders?
HappyHighwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014