Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 477 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 02-16-2009, 07:36 AM   #1486
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyer
By your logic, we should only pay .003 cents for a gallon of milk. I'm never buying milk again.
Well, no.... but that sure would be cool! That isn't what I said, or meant...
Old 02-16-2009, 08:26 AM   #1487
CodyY
ADVenture Capitalist

Oddometer: 9,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolffy

What is it? looks nice and you ve got som clips
Springfield GI 1911

and they're magazines, not clips.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:21 PM   #1488
Devil Dog
Q-Tip With Ears

Oddometer: 9,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Commander
You'll be getting MIM with Kimber, Colt, Springfield so what's the difference? If it really bothers you then find a used one that's had the MIM parts replaced with steel.

FWIW we have several "stock" Kimbers in our rental case and the are as reliable as any other pistol. The only real thing to look out for and avoid are the models with external extractors.

The Beretta 92FS is a good, reliable pistol as well. No very "packable," but will go *bang* when you pull the trigger.
Thanks, dood. What about Aluminum frame vs steel. Recoil I know, but are alu frames reliable?
Old 02-16-2009, 01:30 PM   #1489
Bob Tosi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,600
My favorite is my Browning BPS 10. It does it all from duck hunting to killing turkeys. I ve even shot pheasants with it. It is a little heavy but it swings smoothly and stays on target. When I shoot turkeys, it's like hitting them with a sledge hammer.
Bob Tosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:34 PM   #1490
The_Commander
The Man.

Oddometer: 5,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Dog
Thanks, dood. What about Aluminum frame vs steel. Recoil I know, but are alu frames reliable?
They're reliable. I mean, they will last tens of thousands of rounds, but they will not last as long as steel which will last for a century as evidenced.

There are some "lightweight Commander" Colts out there from the 50's still ticking along. They have the aluminum frame.
The_Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:38 PM   #1491
Devil Dog
Q-Tip With Ears

Oddometer: 9,156
Quote:
They're reliable. I mean, they will last tens of thousands of rounds, but they will not last as long as steel which will last for a century as evidenced.

There are some "lightweight Commander" Colts out there from the 50's still ticking along. They have the aluminum frame.
Cool. That narrows down my choice
Old 02-16-2009, 03:40 PM   #1492
Jim Z
Huge n00b

Oddometer: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyY
Springfield GI 1911

and they're magazines, not clips.
Yep, and I've got two more 10-rounders and another holster on the way thanks to the Springfield Coupon that came with the gun.
Jim Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 03:54 PM   #1493
lagcam
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 732
Quote:

I agree. Unless you shoot thousands of rounds a year (read competition) you will have no problems with an aluminum frame.
The older colt LWCs would sometimes crack right above the slide stop notch, but it's not a stressed area. The modern guns just leave that bit of metal to avoid the problem.
lagcam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 03:58 PM   #1494
lagcam
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 732
Here's a vid from last thanksgiving. My boy (21 yrs old) is trying to hit some close in pigeons with his ancient single shot 20ga with a full choke. He finally got it with my Stoeger 2000 with an IC tube.

lagcam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:59 PM   #1495
Bappo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
Do any of you shoot USPSA/IDPA/SASS?

First Saturdayof the month here is SASS with my Beretta Stampedes, Stoeger coach gun, and 1892 lever. Second Saturday is USPSA with my Glock 17. Third is either SASS again at another club or IDPA. Every Sunday is plate rack matches. All outside, rain, snow, wind or sun. ICORE isn't that popular around here. 3-gun matches dont happen all that often but using a WASR against everyone elses AR's is not that even.

Are Idahoans gun nuts?

Reloading is a must.
Bappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:28 PM   #1496
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagcam
Here's a vid from last thanksgiving. My boy (21 yrs old) is trying to hit some close in pigeons with his ancient single shot 20ga with a full choke. He finally got it with my Stoeger 2000 with an IC tube.

"Just swing the gun at it!"

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:30 PM   #1497
KingRat
Stroppy.

Oddometer: 24,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bappo

First Saturdayof the month here is SASS with my Beretta Stampedes, Stoeger coach gun, and 1892 lever. Second Saturday is USPSA with my Glock 17. Third is either SASS again at another club or IDPA. Every Sunday is plate rack matches. All outside, rain, snow, wind or sun. ICORE isn't that popular around here. 3-gun matches dont happen all that often but using a WASR against everyone elses AR's is not that even.

Are Idahoans gun nuts?

Reloading is a must.

WTF?

English, dood, if you please.
KingRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:34 PM   #1498
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bappo

Are Idahoans gun nuts?

Reloading is a must.

What's a WASR?

Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:43 PM   #1499
Bappo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
Sorry Chewie,
SASS is cowboy action shooting. 2 single action pistols, shotgun, and a rifle. Fun stuff. Winchester 1892 lever rifle, Stoeger coach gun is a side by side 12 guage, stampedes are Colt single action army replicas.

USPSA is the US practical shooting assoc. which is fast shooting scenarios. Hard to describe. Lots of running, reloading, and double tapping targets.

IDPA is international defense pistol assoc. which is conceal carry defensive shooting scenarios. More deliberate than USPSA.

Lornce,
WASR is a Romanian made AK-47.
Bappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:46 PM   #1500
Wylie
Back in the saddle again

Oddometer: 2,234
Beretta T3 Lite 7mm Rem Mag Stainless 24" barrel with laminated grey wood stalk and a limb saver. I guess eveybody else loves them too cause they are very hard to find anymore.

Anyone do you have a stubborn nail that you'd like to have driven from 100 yards out? Okay maybe on a good day, but if I didn't hit it I know I'd scare the shit out of it.
This is my Marlin 883 SS with a cheap ass 9X50 and modified scope mounts that allow for iron sights in close. If it wasn't illegal I'd be taken deer with this little plinker.
[IMG][/IMG]

Okay, screw it, stop the world I'm getting off.

Wylie screwed with this post 02-21-2009 at 03:50 PM Reason: Just BSin
Wylie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: