User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 844 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 02-17-2009, 01:28 PM   #1531
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,878
Smith & Wesson Model 29-2 .44mag, circa 1970. Fired maybe 24 times. It's flawless.

Matching Colt 1911 National Matches from the early '60's. Top is in .38special, the bottom .45ACP.

Lornce screwed with this post 02-17-2009 at 01:55 PM
Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:04 PM   #1532
CodyY
ADVenture Capitalist

Oddometer: 9,493
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Magpu...e%20window.htm

FDE P-Mags in stock (for the time being)
Old 02-17-2009, 03:12 PM   #1533
The_Commander
The Man.

Oddometer: 6,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lornce
Matching Colt 1911 National Matches from the early '60's. Top is in .38special, the bottom .45ACP.

Very nice.

.38 Special and not Super? That's rare!
The_Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:24 PM   #1534
Uncle Pollo
happy cachiporra

Oddometer: 47,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guero
That's sort of what I thought. I'm a pretty stout guy, and the little 22's just don't feel right sometimes... They just don't have the weight of a full-size pistol. And since I figure I may only be able to buy maybe 1 or 2 (2 would be pushing it) I should get something more 'interesting' than a 22.

And I just asked my roommate, and he actually said it would probably be alright with him but I'd have to talk to the 3rd roommate (who doesn't own the place). I think he was a little surprised that I asked, and said he'd prefer I didn't, but it would be alright as long as I stayed out of trouble
my ruger .22/45 is not light
Uncle Pollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:51 PM   #1535
DakarNick
Swabee

Oddometer: 6,661
Checked out some Ruger 22s, the Mark III, the 22/45, and the Hunter versions today at the local outdoor-mart. Very nice guns! The Mark III is only $280.

I see the pics of the Pac-Lite and Tactical Solutions uppers with the silencers, but I am curious if the standard Rugers can be fitted with just a threaded barrel for a silencer?
DakarNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:31 PM   #1536
UPSam
All jacked up on Dew

Oddometer: 16,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakarNick
Checked out some Ruger 22s, the Mark III, the 22/45, and the Hunter versions today at the local outdoor-mart. Very nice guns! The Mark III is only $280.

I see the pics of the Pac-Lite and Tactical Solutions uppers with the silencers, but I am curious if the standard Rugers can be fitted with just a threaded barrel for a silencer?
There are replacement threaded barrels sold but I have heard they are a real bitch to install.

The gun is not designed to have the barrel replaced but the barrel is threaded into the receiver.

If you really want a silenced Ruger, I would just buy one with an intergral silencer installed.
"There was a lot of talk last year about how Barack Obama would be a “transformational” president — but true transformation, it turns out, requires a lot more than electing one telegenic leader." -Paul Krugman 8/30/09
UPSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:54 AM   #1537
Patriot4570
Trail Blaster

Oddometer: 2,731
">Here is a Taurus Judge.Notice the large rounds made for it they are 500 grain cast lead.

Douglas Mac Arthur

Patriot4570 screwed with this post 02-18-2009 at 08:05 AM
Patriot4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:52 AM   #1538
DakarNick
Swabee

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPSam
If you really want a silenced Ruger, I would just buy one with an intergral silencer installed.
I actually really just want a silenced .22, or the option to have one in the future. Not necessarily a Ruger, but something of quality that has a threaded barrel, or can be easily fitted for one.

Thanks!
Old 02-18-2009, 07:55 AM   #1539
The_Commander
The Man.

Oddometer: 6,127
Quote:
I actually really just want a silenced .22, or the option to have one in the future. Not necessarily a Ruger, but something of quality that has a threaded barrel, or can be easily fitted for one.

Thanks!
A Ruger can be threaded by a competent gunsmith to accept a suppressor.

Usually the cost, including a thread protector runs about $75.00 from what I've seen.

If that's not your cup of tea, there is the Walther P-22, but you'll need a muzzle adaptor to step up the OAD to the correct diameter.
The_Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:27 AM   #1540
DakarNick
Swabee

I didn't know what a compensator was. So I looked it up. I know what a muzzle brake is. I didn't know they were the same!

Anyway, while looking it up I found this. Great picture of a Howitzer muzzle brake in action.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:30 AM   #1541
DakarNick
Swabee

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Commander
A Ruger can be threaded by a competent gunsmith to accept a suppressor.

Usually the cost, including a thread protector runs about $75.00 from what I've seen.

If that's not your cup of tea, there is the Walther P-22, but you'll need a muzzle adaptor to step up the OAD to the correct diameter.
Thanks. I don't know why a .22 with a silencer sounds so appealing, really, just sounds like fun. Then I can shoot at my parent's house without the neighbors whining
Old 02-18-2009, 08:40 AM   #1542
Cletus
Slack Jawed Yokel

Oddometer: 645
Quote:
Then I can shoot at my parent's house without the neighbors whining
Just out of curiosity, will your parents be in their house when you shoot at it? If so, why would you want to shoot at your parents?
Cletus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:50 AM   #1543
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,308
Quote:

Thanks!
Then buy a P22 as it is the cheapest way to get inot a suppressed 22. Oh, and BTW, it is suppressed, not silenced...a supressor only supresses the sound, there isn't a such thing as a silencer, that is a term coined by hollywood back in the day since they know nothing about firearms...-
Old 02-18-2009, 08:53 AM   #1544
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,308
Quote:
I didn't know what a compensator was. So I looked it up. I know what a muzzle brake is. I didn't know they were the same!

Anyway, while looking it up I found this. Great picture of a Howitzer muzzle brake in action.

A compensator usually is refered to as such because it compensates for somtething, usually muzzle rise. A muzzle brake is to allow gasses to escape for recoil usually. A bore evacuator is entirely different and usually found in the middle of the barrel on very large artillery peices.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:23 AM   #1545
DakarNick
Swabee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus
Just out of curiosity, will your parents be in their house when you shoot at it? If so, why would you want to shoot at your parents?
Um...shooting on their property I mean, away from the house!

They live on 12 acres in the mountains, there are a few houses around but their property borders a 450 acre retreat/open space ranch. We were shooting muskrats in the pond, with a very large wooded hill as a backdrop. No houses up there. Also, the hill is their property, and the ranch was not an open space at the time, but a private YMCA ranch.

So, the neighbor yells at us to stop shooting. We're shooting a Marling bolt-action .22 rifle with CB SHORTS! He says he will call the sheriff if we don't stop. So, my brother and I call the cops first, stating what we're doing, and that the neighbor may call in.

The sheriff says as long as we're being safe, not shooting over people or houses, the neighbor can kiss it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: