Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 713 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 09-12-2011, 03:52 PM   #20131
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper X View Post
Here in NM one of the first things that comes out at a BBQ is the BBQ Gun. To be shown off and oogled over by all. Each person pulls out their BBQ gun and is lavished with compliments or razzing or both then the BBQ continues, although, it is usually many times the guns come otu to be shown again to newcomers or again to an interested party.
Guess I'm wrong then! In the Midwest, nobody openly carries a gun on their hip and I think would be even less likely to do so at a big social event. I'd always thought it was just a rural legend people told to have an excuse for having a gaudy pistol.

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:53 PM   #20132
McNeal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,683
Quote:
Bobby can CCW a SAA and no one on the planet can bet him to the punch.
There's a guy who could walk through Tombstone and Doc Holiday would run for the hills.

I've always enjoyed watching him.
McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:56 PM   #20133
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNeal View Post
There's a guy who could walk through Tombstone and Doc Holiday would run for the hills.

I feel that is true, especially since their exploits were greatly exaggerated. I read that most "gunfighters" of the old west actually only killed one or two other men in actual gunfights. Most were outlaws who killed in cold blood or before the other person knew they were going to be murdered. Or when the robbers were running off or via ambush.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:57 PM   #20134
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,727

I'd still get it in 38 Special since I've already got one but pretty cool

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:59 PM   #20135
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guero View Post

I'd still get it in 38 Special since I've already got one but pretty cool
That isn't you firing that Schofield is it?
Old 09-12-2011, 04:05 PM   #20136
McNeal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,683
Quote:
I feel that is true, especially since their exploits were greatly exaggerated. I read that most "gunfighters" of the old west actually only killed one or two other men in actual gunfights. Most were outlaws who killed in cold blood or before the other person knew they were going to be murdered. Or when the robbers were running off or via ambush.
I've read some of that history and fully understand the myth of the gun fight in the street. I could just picture Val Kilmer or Dennis Quaid screaming like girls if Bob walked onto the movie set.

Bob's reflexes and eye sight are unbelievable. If I shot as much as he does I would be better than I am today, but somehow I suspect I'd still fall short.

Two things I never seen mentioned on any of the shows that I've seen him on. 1) Does he do his own reloads or does Remington/Winchester or some other company provide his ammo? 2) Is Bob his own gunsmith?
McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:11 PM   #20137
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,319
Quote:
Damn, ya beat me to it!

I hope I can do a better job!

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:19 PM   #20138
Stromdog
Howl at the Moon

Oddometer: 2,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCase View Post
EvilGenius, mine is the 5". Now that I think of it, I've not seen a 7" before. I remember the S&W replicas made circa Y2K, those were gorgeous and also 7", but chambered only in the original 45 Schofield. I guess my posted picture doesn't show the end of the barrel. Here's one that does:

Edit/PS: 45 Colt is expensive to shoot unless, as with most center-fire calibers, you handload, in which case it's not much more than any other caliber. At a gunshow last spring I bought 1000 hardcast lead SWC/Keith style bullets from a nearby manufacturer quite inexpensively, I believe I paid around $80 for the box.....practically got a hernia, though, lugging the thing to my car! That works out to .08 each, add another .03 each for primer and powder, and if you have the brass it's not expensive at all. I find it hard to believe the number of avid shooters who don't handload, they must be feelthy rich is all I can say!!!
+1 on the Edit/PS.

If I didn't hand load, the only thing I could afford to shoot would be .22 LR or maybe the .17 HMR.
Stromdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:48 PM   #20139
KSJEEPER
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,333
Quote:

He was on that Stan Lee Superhuman show last season. They measure him using various sensors, and his measured reaction time was faster than a rattlesnake strike.

Sure, he's shot truckloads of ammo to get where he is, but he started out with hand / eye coordination and reflexes that the rest of could only dream of
KSJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:02 PM   #20140
Mike at Tank Vest
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 222
Quote:
I've read some of that history and fully understand the myth of the gun fight in the street. I could just picture Val Kilmer or Dennis Quaid screaming like girls if Bob walked onto the movie set.

Bob's reflexes and eye sight are unbelievable. If I shot as much as he does I would be better than I am today, but somehow I suspect I'd still fall short.

Two things I never seen mentioned on any of the shows that I've seen him on. 1) Does he do his own reloads or does Remington/Winchester or some other company provide his ammo? 2) Is Bob his own gunsmith?
Bob Munden is not his own gunsmith. I know he has had work done by a few different guys. Years ago, he had a piece in at Jerry Kuhnhausens place. He may do some gun smithing work but I think he has someone do the work for him.

I can't answer your question about his loads beyond that some are blanks. I've seen Bob Munden shoot live and he's incredible. I got a chance to talk with him for a few minutes and though he can be a bit rough around the edges, he's decent folk. He's also fast as hell with live ammo as he is with blanks and "cowboy" loads.

There are two men I would not get into a handgun fight with in the world today. One is Bob Munden, the other is Jerry Michulek (forgive any spelling errors). Jerry and Bob in a gunfight against one another would be like dividing by zero. Not a pretty thing in any case. Jerry is one of the nicest people I've ever met. I'm a lefty and he took a few minutes to show me how to speed load a revolver left handed.

Mike

2006 KLR 650, 1988 Harley Davidson Sportster 1200, 1980 KLX 250
www.tankvest.com
Mike at Tank Vest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:40 PM   #20141
MightyChosen1
I wanna be sedated

Oddometer: 1,263
Anyone ever shot one of these? Beretta PX4 Storm in 9mm. I saw one local for around $500. It fits my hand good but hows it hold up long term?

Old 09-12-2011, 05:51 PM   #20142
lewismedlock

Oddometer: 12,906
Quote:
If it wasn't for the white hands, I would have thought it was Stevie Wonder.
lewismedlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:31 PM   #20143
xring04
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMISSIONARY View Post
Whats the General consensus on these .22 revolvers

http://www.heritagemfg.com/site/department.cfm?id=50
I have two Rough Riders and they both have been excellent shooters.

Sure, they are not finished as nice as a Single Six, but for around half the cost, they don't have to be.

10 yard target 24 rounds.

My other one is a shorter barreled birds head, .22lr mag combo, sadly I don't have any pictures.
xring04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:54 PM   #20144
potatoho
Cheese and Rice!

Oddometer: 4,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious D View Post
Anyone ever shot one of these? Beretta PX4 Storm in 9mm. I saw one local for around $500. It fits my hand good but hows it hold up long term?
I bought a couple of the PX4, one full-size 45ACP and one baby in 9mm. To be honest I didn't care for either after shooting them. The baby had a terrible barrel lock up, with like 0.5mm of side to side movement, and the full-size only held 9+1 unless you added an extended floor plate. Plus they pinched the shit out of my palm when recharging. Like getting stapled.

And for some reason they were both fairly unforgiving to shoot. I mean, had to concentrate a lot to avoid flyers. After using a bore laser I found out why, as they both had far too much overtravel on their triggers. That's my pet peeve, especially on double action.

Oh also, I found them spectacularly difficult to rack the slide. The slide profile and the little decocker ears left very little to grab onto.

They get great reviews online though.
potatoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:01 PM   #20145
MightyChosen1
I wanna be sedated

Oddometer: 1,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatoho View Post
I bought a couple of the PX4, one full-size 45ACP and one baby in 9mm. To be honest I didn't care for either after shooting them. The baby had a terrible barrel lock up, with like 0.5mm of side to side movement, and the full-size only held 9+1 unless you added an extended floor plate. Plus they pinched the shit out of my palm when recharging. Like getting stapled.

And for some reason they were both fairly unforgiving to shoot. I mean, had to concentrate a lot to avoid flyers. After using a bore laser I found out why, as they both had far too much overtravel on their triggers. That's my pet peeve, especially on double action.

Oh also, I found them spectacularly difficult to rack the slide. The slide profile and the little decocker ears left very little to grab onto.

They get great reviews online though.
Thanks,
I wasnt really looking for a plastic gun anyway. I think I will hold out and keep looking for a 92F or something like it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: