Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 155 votes, 4.83 average. Display Modes
Old 10-11-2011, 03:13 AM   #20911
clevishook
stevedore

Oddometer: 1,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSJEEPER View Post
So I assume you have only a 4" 357 for HD and a 12g for birds and deer and such? Outside of those two guns, everything else is somewhat superfluous based on 'need'. All the other stuff has more to do with 'want' than 'need'.

Plus, you know, zombies...
You pretty much got it. More than one .357 and a lever 30-30 though.
clevishook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:42 AM   #20912
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueClimber View Post
Doesn't explain the chicken...

I think he is the bear's friend....but when I start to ask him about the chicken he just stops talking and looks at one of those long mean looking guns....we really need to think about this bear arms thing.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:45 AM   #20913
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjal View Post
Personally I'm a FAL guy myself. Been wanting an uberti yellowboy myself and a matching Beretta laramie lately.

Heres some kits and builds if I can get the phone to cooperate.

I like the FAL quite a bit, and if one crossed my path at the right price I would grab it in a second. Also have a soft spot for a CETME also....but I seem to like wood better. I have never been confortable with this "kit" gun idea....most likely because I know little about it.....I think if I looked into it and gave it a chance I would get hooked pretty easy.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:58 AM   #20914
GoGo Gadget
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,252
Whew. Working my way through all the pages in this thread. Figured I would take a break and post a few pics then go back to reading.

For close Zombies.

My flamethrower, DSA FAL Carbine

Was thinking about trying to collect all the Main Battle Rifles of the 20th Century at one time

Off duty carry

Trying to be "artistic"

Triphecta of 1911's

and you gotta have a Range Bunny to load mags for you.

I have been told I have the body of a God. What does this Buddha guy look like?
GoGo Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:12 AM   #20915
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGo Gadget View Post

Was thinking about trying to collect all the Main Battle Rifles of the 20th Century at one time

I am doing that with WWII battle rifles...but think I hit a big road block with a Johnson....got just about everything else.

....nice rabbit.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:21 AM   #20916
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 1,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
I like the FAL quite a bit, and if one crossed my path at the right price I would grab it in a second. Also have a soft spot for a CETME also....but I seem to like wood better. I have never been confortable with this "kit" gun idea....most likely because I know little about it.....I think if I looked into it and gave it a chance I would get hooked pretty easy.
Building isn't very economical anymore after the '05 barrel ban. Most of your more common build rifles are available cheaper as a century tgi or mgs premade for under the price of a receiver. With an builds its generally easier to buy a made receiver than it is to make your own as home builders cant fully heat treat a receiver without warping it like a nodak dci etc can be had for. Then theres the cost of specialty tools and gauges to make and headspace one. Out of all the builds an ar-15 is by far the easiest to do.

Do your homework before buying a cetme. Century made most and built them improperly. Instead of addressing the actual headspace problem they ground the backside of the bolt. Top that off with mag well issues too. Some take cheaper g3 Macs and some don't. Its been pretty hit or miss through the years bit newer ones are much more uniform than the first runs in the 90s. A ptr is a slightly better alternative and is pretty much a g3. Much better dot and finish too. And many are sub moa. If sure still dead set on a cetme fire it and return it immediately if you have problems.
Danjal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:52 AM   #20917
MightyChosen1
Flim-Flam Man

Oddometer: 1,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
I am doing that with WWII battle rifles...but think I hit a big road block with a Johnson....got just about everything else.

....nice rabbit.

I was lucky. I inherited a Johnson but I would like to get a Garand. I rarely shoot the 1941 anymore because of its value and every time I took it to the range at least a half dozen guys try to buy it off me. I would like to have it restored to full miltary specs someday, Its been sporsterized, But last time I checked with Miltech it would be around $2000. I cant afford it now but maybe sometime in the future.

Nice collection of weapons Gadget. Looks like you are ready for the zombie apocolypse I keep reading about.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:37 AM   #20918
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjal View Post
Building isn't very economical anymore after the '05 barrel ban. Most of your more common build rifles are available cheaper as a century tgi or mgs premade for under the price of a receiver. With an builds its generally easier to buy a made receiver than it is to make your own as home builders cant fully heat treat a receiver without warping it like a nodak dci etc can be had for. Then theres the cost of specialty tools and gauges to make and headspace one. Out of all the builds an ar-15 is by far the easiest to do.

Do your homework before buying a cetme. Century made most and built them improperly. Instead of addressing the actual headspace problem they ground the backside of the bolt. Top that off with mag well issues too. Some take cheaper g3 Macs and some don't. Its been pretty hit or miss through the years bit newer ones are much more uniform than the first runs in the 90s. A ptr is a slightly better alternative and is pretty much a g3. Much better dot and finish too. And many are sub moa. If sure still dead set on a cetme fire it and return it immediately if you have problems.
I read that quite a bit about Century...and TGI as well...you can get very good or very bad....and lately the good is out numbering the bad...my PSL is a Tenn. Gun rifle and while I have not shot it, fit and finish look to be darn good....I have yet to see if it will hit the wide part of a farm building yet or not...perhaps tonight...But for some reason I just seem to like red rifles here lately.

Not sure why I have the GAS for a cetme, I played with one once and just liked it, but it was a few years ago. I picked up a MAS 49/56 in 7.5mm a few months ago and from my memory they seem to shoot, feel, about the same....perhaps that is why I like the MAS so much, and now that I started reloading the french ammo is not going to be so crazy to shoot....I think that the 49/59 is a very under rated rifle...if you can find one that centruy did not muck up by trying to make it 308.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:05 AM   #20919
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 1,799
You would have a good one. Tgw built theirs off of mil parts kits where the romaks were new commercials made rifles. So far accuracy seems to favor the mil parts kit rifles over the imports. The mas were nice rifles. O newer got onto them as I had a hakim ljungman and fn-49. The mas never had cheap enough ammo to warrant buying one for me.
Danjal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:40 AM   #20920
RACER X
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGo Gadget View Post
and you gotta have a Range Bunny to load mags for you.

hey GoGo long time no see

yes it's RX from SBN and CF and now Twowheelfix

misses is looking good!! lol

here's my little arsenel, the AR being my latest purchase

daniel defense AR
mossberg 930 SPX
Kimber CDP PRO II

RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:53 AM   #20921
GoGo Gadget
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
hey GoGo long time no see

yes it's RX from SBN and CF and now Twowheelfix

misses is looking good!! lol

Hey Ed. Welcome to ADVrider.

I need to get pix of my new stuff, MSAR E4, Just Right Carbine in 40S&W and a Rem700 in a XLR chassis.

I have been told I have the body of a God. What does this Buddha guy look like?
GoGo Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:16 PM   #20922
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,275
Package came today.

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother

EvilGenius screwed with this post 10-11-2011 at 04:21 PM
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:24 PM   #20923
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,725
Looks nice... Has me wanting that SR1911 again.

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:02 PM   #20924
Colorado CJ
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 833
Just an update on the AR Pistol: After 300 rounds of .223 and 500 rounds of .22 (with conversion bolt), the pistol is shooting great! VERY accurate with the .223 rounds and decently accurate with the .22 conversion in place.

The guys at the gun range are not liking me too well though , seems every time I show up with the AR, everyone's groups go all to pieces .

You should have seen the guy jump out of his skin today when I pulled the trigger. He must have jumped a foot and screamed out loud

Yeah, there is a lot of concussion and it is LOUD. Serves a dual purpose, an accurate weapon and flash/bang all rolled into one!

'09 DL650
'06 DR650
Colorado CJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:29 AM   #20925
HardCase
winter is coming

Oddometer: 9,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado CJ View Post
Just an update on the AR Pistol: After 300 rounds of .223 and 500 rounds of .22 (with conversion bolt), the pistol is shooting great! VERY accurate with the .223 rounds and decently accurate with the .22 conversion in place.

The guys at the gun range are not liking me too well though , seems every time I show up with the AR, everyone's groups go all to pieces .

You should have seen the guy jump out of his skin today when I pulled the trigger. He must have jumped a foot and screamed out loud

Yeah, there is a lot of concussion and it is LOUD. Serves a dual purpose, an accurate weapon and flash/bang all rolled into one!
I went to an indoor range with my brother-in-law a couple years ago, he had some sort of 223 pistol and fired it there, and it definitely was loud.

If it were me I'd be a little judicious in how often I shot a real blaster (of any sort) at an indoor range. It is experiences like that, followed by a bunch of complaints to management, that sometimes results in certain ranges banning the use of certain calibers or types of firearm. I also don't want to do anything that degrades another shooter's experience. As a result, I tend to take my blasters to an outdoor venue.

Hard cases make bad law.
HardCase is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: