Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 658 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 10-12-2011, 08:00 AM   #20926
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCase View Post
I went to an indoor range with my brother-in-law a couple years ago, he had some sort of 223 pistol and fired it there, and it definitely was loud.

If it were me I'd be a little judicious in how often I shot a real blaster (of any sort) at an indoor range. It is experiences like that, followed by a bunch of complaints to management, that sometimes results in certain ranges banning the use of certain calibers or types of firearm. I also don't want to do anything that degrades another shooter's experience. As a result, I tend to take my blasters to an outdoor venue.
I remember a guy at the local indoor range with an AR carbine but he had put an AK style flash suppressor on it and man, it was friggin LOUD! It wasn't too long after that trip there that when you went in with an AR they looked at the flash suppressor and unless is it was a birdcage, and there weren't many others there, they asked you to not shoot it.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:01 AM   #20927
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius View Post
Package came today.

That is quite the spellbinding report. How do you like it?
Old 10-12-2011, 10:00 AM   #20928
KSJEEPER
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCase View Post
I went to an indoor range with my brother-in-law a couple years ago, he had some sort of 223 pistol and fired it there, and it definitely was loud.

If it were me I'd be a little judicious in how often I shot a real blaster (of any sort) at an indoor range. It is experiences like that, followed by a bunch of complaints to management, that sometimes results in certain ranges banning the use of certain calibers or types of firearm. I also don't want to do anything that degrades another shooter's experience. As a result, I tend to take my blasters to an outdoor venue.
Yup, my indoor range here hasn't allowed any centerfire rifle caliber for probably 10 years. I also heard that very recently, they lopped the biggest pistol calibers off the list too, and aren't allowing 500 or 454 anymore...

Of course, our range here has an odd history. 2 suicides with rental guns back in the 90's when there was the waiting period for handguns prior to the automated background checks. 2nd one got the idea from the first, it was just a week or two after. Then, about a month ago, a guy shot his girlfriend on the range then killed himself.

As a result, I think our range has some unique insurance challenges.
KSJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:03 AM   #20929
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper X View Post
That is quite the spellbinding report. How do you like it?
It's real tough and hard which I like, but gives where/when it needs to.

Good strong clip.

The pistol is plenty secure, especially when wearing it.

Fits the pistol perfectly.

I'll definitely need a stiffer belt, which I've been needing anyways and get rid of this gut.

Helluva deal for $40 shipped.

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:19 AM   #20930
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Quote:
It's real tough and hard which I like, but gives where/when it needs to.

Good strong clip.

The pistol is plenty secure, especially when wearing it.

Fits the pistol perfectly.

I'll definitely need a stiffer belt, which I've been needing anyways and get rid of this gut.

Helluva deal for $40 shipped.
That is all what I would have said about it and I too bought a nice stiffer belt for it at Sportsmans Whorehouse.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:22 AM   #20931
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Quote:
That is all what I would have said about it and I too bought a nice stiffer belt for it at Sportsmans Whorehouse.
How much?

Old 10-12-2011, 10:36 AM   #20932
HardCase
winter is coming

Oddometer: 9,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSJEEPER View Post
Yup, my indoor range here hasn't allowed any centerfire rifle caliber for probably 10 years. I also heard that very recently, they lopped the biggest pistol calibers off the list too, and aren't allowing 500 or 454 anymore...

Of course, our range here has an odd history. 2 suicides with rental guns back in the 90's when there was the waiting period for handguns prior to the automated background checks. 2nd one got the idea from the first, it was just a week or two after. Then, about a month ago, a guy shot his girlfriend on the range then killed himself.

Good lord!! I am surprised that they allow anything bigger than Airsoft at that range!

Hard cases make bad law.
HardCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:43 AM   #20933
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Quote:
How much?
$35.00 plus tax.

But it fits my railed Sig 1911R Scorpion.....

Old 10-12-2011, 10:44 AM   #20934
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Quote:
How much?
Oh wait, you mean the belt? That was $25.00.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:45 AM   #20935
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Quote:

WOW! What range is this you are talking about?
Old 10-12-2011, 11:06 AM   #20936
KSJEEPER
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,317
Quote:
WOW! What range is this you are talking about?
Its called The Bullethole, its in a suburb south of Kansas City.

The suicides were a way around the old waiting period. The murder / suicide the other day, presumably was with a rental gun as well. They haven't said publicly, but only reason that makes sense, to drive to the range to then shoot your GF and yourself.

So yeah, 4 intentional deaths in about 15 years. Crazy stuff.

How crazy would it be, to be on the range and shots start flying the wrong direction on purpose...
KSJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:26 PM   #20937
HardCase
winter is coming

Oddometer: 9,859
Quote:

The suicides were a way around the old waiting period. The murder / suicide the other day, presumably was with a rental gun as well. They haven't said publicly, but only reason that makes sense, to drive to the range to then shoot your GF and yourself.

How crazy would it be, to be on the range and shots start flying the wrong direction on purpose...
Ban gun rentals!!!

Hard cases make bad law.
HardCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:28 PM   #20938
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,304
Quote:

Place has been there I think since the 60's. It is a pretty nice place and has two floors for shooting. On the main floor is the public range, down stairs they have IIRC two very large areas for training and private events....that is where I use to do the bowling league.

Did my first "competitive" shoot last weekend in about 20years or so. I shot like crap but rememebered how much fun it was.

It was just a fun shoot at work with civilian and swarn people shooting together...I think I came in 4th or 5th. Everyone was shooting stock pistols with factory loads execpt for one of the deputies husbands...he came out with a full on race gun and just creamed everyone....there where no rules but seemed a little over the edge to me.

I am thinking about looking around to see if anyone has anything in the area....it was realy a huge amount of fun.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:30 PM   #20939
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Quote:

I have been around guns since 1966 and NEVER head of something lie this happening! WOW! This proves that gun laws and waiting periods have a work around!
Old 10-12-2011, 12:38 PM   #20940
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Quote:
I have been around guns since 1966 and NEVER head of something lie this happening! WOW! This proves that gun laws and waiting periods have a work around!
And ban them outright and theyll use knives, bookends, pills, etc.

Dammit! Where the he'll did that come from?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: