Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 489 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 10:20 AM   #21826
Achtung
Wicked Pisssah Adventurer

Oddometer: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Dog View Post
Yesterday had a trade offer fpr the 30-30 for a CZ-85 with holster and 3-5 extra mags.
From what I'm reading that is a nice pistol.
Bad news is, it's not on the California roster...
]
According to the link you provided the CZ85B began production around 1986. Is it a pre '94 gun and does California have a "pre ban" policy because while that pistol isn't Massachusetts compliant if it was built before '94 it would be "pre ban" and allowed here. I've wanted a CZ for a while.
Achtung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:23 AM   #21827
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achtung View Post
According to the link you provided the CZ85B began production around 1986. Is it a pre '94 gun and does California have a "pre ban" policy because while that pistol isn't Massachusetts compliant if it was built before '94 it would be "pre ban" and allowed here. I've wanted a CZ for a while.
I think he would have to buy 10 round max mags either way.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:02 PM   #21828
RogueClimber
"Tacticool"

Oddometer: 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achtung View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper X View Post
I think he would have to buy 10 round max mags either way.
We may only be Nuevo Mexico, but at least our gun laws are not draconian!

Save $5 on SmugMug-- zpTBLRFvcME2c
RogueClimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:08 PM   #21829
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueClimber View Post
We may only be Nuevo Mexico, but at least our gun laws are not draconian!
Thanks God! I have always been surprised they aren't since we have had a very liberal government since the dawn of time. IN FACT ours are even better than Texas!

Oh, and a GUN pic....sorta.

Old 11-16-2011, 12:28 PM   #21830
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper X View Post
Thanks God! I have always been surprised they aren't since we have had a very liberal government since the dawn of time. IN FACT ours are even better than Texas!

Oh, and a GUN pic....sorta.

Only because we were our own country once.

One that included a huge chunk of NM.

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:33 PM   #21831
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius View Post
Only because we were our own country once.

One that included a huge chunk of NM.
Yep, but it still erks me that no more OC in Tehas since they adopted CCW. And it is now (from what a cop told me) a felony to OC in Texas! That is ridiculous. Before they adopted CCW I saw more people there OC than here by about ten times over!
Old 11-16-2011, 01:03 PM   #21832
The_Commander
The Man.

Oddometer: 5,670
I don't know about them being on "the list" as I have never been able to figure out the difference between this year's model and last year's model on a gun that hasn't changed since Stalin.

I do know that we got a rather large consignment from a dealer in CA yesterday that included several CZ75 variants. As well as every model Glock, Beretta, S&W and some Italian import SAA clones.

California is fucked up. Why won't the citizens make a stand? Occupy Sacramento.
The_Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:14 PM   #21833
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Commander View Post
I don't know about them being on "the list" as I have never been able to figure out the difference between this year's model and last year's model on a gun that hasn't changed since Stalin.

I do know that we got a rather large consignment from a dealer in CA yesterday that included several CZ75 variants. As well as every model Glock, Beretta, S&W and some Italian import SAA clones.

California is fucked up. Why won't the citizens make a stand? Occupy Sacramento.
They are too busy trying to figure out how to pay for a million dollar house they could have bought everywhere else for $150.000.00 that they have too much to worry about. And that their million dollar house is now only worth $200,000.00 where they bought it.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:16 PM   #21834
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

better pic of the gun...guess what it is.

Old 11-16-2011, 01:50 PM   #21835
tcs06
The Clueless Wonder

Oddometer: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_ricketts View Post
Get your hand on one of these and it will feel good and shoot good:
Don't I know it!

]
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.
tcs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:28 PM   #21836
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcs06 View Post
Don't I know it!

]
OK, now I gotta ask. What model? Vaquero? Some of you guys know what everything is without having to ask, but not me.

edit: Not Vaquero, they don't have adj sight. Blackhawk?
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:30 PM   #21837
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Rocket View Post
OK, now I gotta ask. What model? Vaquero?
Bisley...
Old 11-16-2011, 02:39 PM   #21838
KSJEEPER
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,308
Anyone heard anything about this? Sure seems like it would streamline some things... Of course, it would yank alot of $$ out of FL and UT coffers

GOVERNMENT
CONCEALED CARRY RECIPROCITY ADVOCATES COULD GET MAJOR WIN WITH NEW HOUSE BILL
Posted on September 14, 2011 at 12:12pm by Buck Sexton Print »Email »
Comments (203)

Congressional support is growing for a bill that would force all states to honor concealed carry permits issued in any other state, allowing citizens to take their firearms across state lines.

If passed, the National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011 would be a huge win for Second Amendment advocates, giving a gut punch to many state and municipal gun control efforts.

Originally introduced this past February by Rep. Cliff Stearns (R- FL) and Heath Shuler (D-NC), The Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act now has 241 co-sponsors in the House, making its passage there likely.

A companion bill is soon to be launched in the Senate, and if it gets enough Democrat support to avoid a filibuster, it would probably pass there too.

The bill, H.R. 822, essentially says: If Florida awards you a concealed carry permit, every other state has to honor it, with narrow exceptions. This will greatly lessen “may issue” politics and bureaucratic obstructionism across the country when it comes to gun rights.

For those who live in notoriously anti-gun areas like New York City, it appears one would still need a permit from your home state to concealed carry within that state if the bill passes. Individual states will still be allowed to regulate concealed carry permits for their residents.

For example, If you live in New York, things could remain complicated. You would need a New York permit to carry concealed in the Empire State. If you received an out-of-state permit from Florida, that permit would allow you to carry any other state in the country, except your home state (New York), Chicago, and D.C., which do not allow for concealed carry under any circumstances.
KSJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:04 PM   #21839
tcs06
The Clueless Wonder

Oddometer: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Rocket View Post
OK, now I gotta ask. What model? Vaquero? Some of you guys know what everything is without having to ask, but not me.

edit: Not Vaquero, they don't have adj sight. Blackhawk?
Yep, Bisley Blackhawk in .45 Colt.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.
tcs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:10 PM   #21840
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

[QUOTE=KSJEEPER;17318437]Anyone heard anything about this? Sure seems like it would streamline some things... Of course, it would yank alot of $$ out of FL and UT coffers

That has been brought up a few times and I hope it passes.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: