Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 623 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 03:16 PM   #21841
DireWolf
Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer: 11,348
I believe in "reasonable" gun control.

I am way far left politically.

I used to own some firearms until I lost them in a terrible boat accident.

I hope it passes.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:24 PM   #21842
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,491
CCW permits in the county where I live are nearly impossible to get while the county just to the east is easy. I know a guy who runs a pain management pharmacy, meaning lots of prescription pain killers. He packs in the store, but is exposed when he moves from his car to the pharmacy b/c the county will not issue a permit to him. Maybe he has to get shot first, then the sheriff will give him one.

Goofy.

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:31 PM   #21843
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by DireWolf View Post
I believe in "reasonable" gun control.

I am way far left politically.

I used to own some firearms until I lost them in a terrible boat accident.

I hope it passes.
Reasonable gun control sadly is usually an oxymoron. This is because those on the left like you are not usually AS reasonable as you. I wish all were so inclined.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:33 PM   #21844
Mr Natural
Really tired

Oddometer: 1,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceRph View Post
CCW permits in the county where I live are nearly impossible to get while the county just to the east is easy. I know a guy who runs a pain management pharmacy, meaning lots of prescription pain killers. He packs in the store, but is exposed when he moves from his car to the pharmacy b/c the county will not issue a permit to him. Maybe he has to get shot first, then the sheriff will give him one.

Goofy.
Monterey sucks
Basic crazy life stuff, Clearanced Navy VN Vet, Army Vet, Walking by credit of VA, Met John Walker, Jerry Whitworth, Chilean riots, Pinochet troops, Cults/MK Deprogramming, Never seen a UFO so nothing I can blame drinking on, but enough about you, what about me?
Mr Natural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:35 PM   #21845
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

SLO sucks, too, but Kern does not suck, well except having to live there & stuff. That would suck.

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
Old 11-16-2011, 03:40 PM   #21846
Boondoggle
Gear Grinder

Oddometer: 12,975
And my home state of Vermont, home to Ben & Jerry's, allows CC with no permit whatsoever.

In before the warning!

I've been poking a giant bouncy ball with a needle. You feel anything yet? -Blake716
Boondoggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:43 PM   #21847
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondoggle View Post
And my home state of Vermont, home to Ben & Jerry's, allows CC with no permit whatsoever.

In before the warning!

In before...Oh look1 A gun pic!

AMT and Man Purse.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:58 PM   #21848
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,310
Somethinktheantiswillusethisbilltoforcetherestofth ecountrytoconformtothemoststrictstate'slaws!

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:23 PM   #21849
linkweewee
tantum quantum

Oddometer: 13,752
Is this Mossberg 500 shotgun worth $518.00?
http://cheapascanbe.com/index.php?productID=229
Old 11-16-2011, 04:36 PM   #21850
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius View Post
Somethinktheantiswillusethisbilltoforcetherestofth ecountrytoconformtothemoststrictstate'slaws!

We'll see 'cause the House just passed it.

Back to guns.

I bought a Ranch rifle this summer & have run a bunch of rounds through it. The Mini-14 was really beating up the brass. The case would be tossed back so hard that the necks were hitting the slide & just smashing the heck out of them. Sometimes, they would hit so hard that the dent would be a crease. So I installed a bumper btwn the piston & the receiver. It decreased the banging but the brass still flew up to 30 feet away and got a new dent in the center of the case. Tossed lots of them out.

I bought an adjustable gas block from Accuracy Systems & installed it last week.

In this pic you can see the discoloration on the slide just below the rear scope mount. That was from the brass getting flung back.

It was pretty straightforward. Just dismantle the gun.

Remove the original gas block.

Clean it up.

And bolt up the new unit w/ a drop of red LocTite on each screw.

You're supposed to be able to adjust the gas pressure from full on to full off. The idea is tune it up so that the brass drops close by instead of the next county. I'll give it a try this weekend & post up the results.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:40 PM   #21851
doc_ricketts
Thumper jockey

Oddometer: 4,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcs06 View Post
Yep, Bisley Blackhawk in .45 Colt.
Yes, and I added my own tru-glo fibre to the front sight and mine is the engraved cylinder with walnut grips (only 250 made). I was lucky to find it slightly used in a gun store in Florida and wasn't even thinking about buying a revolver. But when I picked it up, it was purely love.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:44 PM   #21852
Colemanfu
King of all manfu

Oddometer: 3,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkweewee View Post
No. Does not have a breach barrel? Looks like a regular. BTW I have the Mariner with the grey rust proof finish and I don't think it cost as much as the one in your link.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:42 PM   #21853
eddyturn
Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,669
I got a couple of my dad's old Colt .32 W.C.F. guns back from the gunsmith today. Gotta figure out what to do with them now. He's 90 and I think he wants them gone. Did a search and they look to be worth quite a bit. One from about 1886 and the other made in 1920. Sorry about the crap phone photos. Don't know that much about them as I am a total gun noob but one is a Bisby and the other has the staghorn handle. I gotta look into these some more down at the local store.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:44 PM   #21854
lightfighter
where does this go?

Oddometer: 2,180
Quote:

MSRP for a reminton 870 tactical is about $500 i think, and it comes with a rail on top, a barrel threaded for chokes, and an extended tube. All more desireable than a hokey collapsible stock. so unless you just gotta have a stock to play with i think the rem is a better buy.

http://www.remington.com/products/fi...-tactical.aspx

a speed feed pistol grip might be a nice add on to the rem, if thats your bag.
lightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:29 PM   #21855
gofast1320
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 654

Quote:
Short answer Not to me
gofast1320 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: