Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 161 votes, 4.81 average. Display Modes
Old 12-09-2011, 07:39 AM   #22396
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius View Post
I like tales of the gun, some times fat conehead guy gets on my nerves though.
Tales is the best since they do history well. I also like Guns of the World but it isn't on very often. That new one Triggers or whatever they call it is OK. They always seem to get some douche ex military glamor boy to be the host because they think no one will watch an average gun professional be the host.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:45 AM   #22397
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper X View Post
Tales is the best since they do history well. I also like Guns of the World but it isn't on very often. That new one Triggers or whatever they call it is OK. They always seem to get some douche ex military glamor boy to be the host because they think no one will watch an average gun professional be the host.
I also think they do it because a lot of the really well educated and professional/objective (which I appreciate) hosts or experts take long... ...deep... ...breaths... ...between... ...every... ...w-zzzzzzzzzzzzz

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:50 AM   #22398
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Quote:
I also think they do it because a lot of the really well educated and professional/objective (which I appreciate) hosts or experts take long... ...deep... ...breaths... ...between... ...every... ...w-zzzzzzzzzzzzz
The ones they pick do. When I was doing videos for Gunsite, I had to train the instructors how to speak on camera. It is an art in itself, you can't talk to the camera like you are bullshitting with a buddy or like you talk to a military classroom. And I must say the experts that aren't talent (like you describe) are getting better since they have used them so much on all these shows.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:19 AM   #22399
doc_ricketts
Thumper jockey

Oddometer: 4,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCase View Post
I feel the same way about the History Channel. It used to have good stuff which was about history! Now it's loaded up with shit like Ice Road Truckers and American Pickers. What does that have to do with history??
Ditto what you guys said about all the gun shows and how the History Channel has gone downhill. The only gun show I care about is Top Shot. The rest are garbage. The guys at Gunsmoke are very good in person, though and know their guns pretty well.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:24 AM   #22400
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

All the empty programming weirdos at all the networks have jumped on the reality show bullshit bandwagon. TV has really gone even more to shit in the last four years than it did in the first 50 years of it's life. Ok, back to normal programming!

My next rifle.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:36 AM   #22401
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,825
Quote:
All the empty programming weirdos at all the networks have jumped on the reality show bullshit bandwagon. TV has really gone even more to shit in the last four years than it did in the first 50 years of it's life. Ok, back to normal programming!

My next rifle.
Barret was on this week...I did not know he was a photographer before.

The gun shows are a little like the car shows...just sad. Why do they think that people will not watch a good fact filled show?

PS. I know that is not a barret.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:42 AM   #22402
tslewisz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,311
Quote:

My next rifle.
I look forward to your review. Be sure to hang all manner of crap on the generous Picatinny's for silly photos.
Seriously, what would anyone need to hang on a .338 L to warrant all that?
tslewisz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:50 AM   #22403
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Quote:
Originally Posted by tslewisz View Post
I look forward to your review. Be sure to hang all manner of crap on the generous Picatinny's for silly photos.
Seriously, what would anyone need to hang on a .338 L to warrant all that?
Only a night vision device in front of the optics as far as I'm concerned. All I will put on it is a good hunk of glass. I am serriously over building SWS anymore with all the great rifles you can buy off the shelf.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:13 AM   #22404
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_ricketts View Post
Ditto what you guys said about all the gun shows and how the History Channel has gone downhill. The only gun show I care about is Top Shot. The rest are garbage. The guys at Gunsmoke are very good in person, though and know their guns pretty well.
I enjoy top shot, but it gets a bit campy and over dramatic occasionally.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:16 AM   #22405
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Quote:
Even on competition shows they feel they have to "reality it up" these days. I could do without the drama between the competitors on TS too. Some of them are Asshole enough so they don't need to drama it all up like they do.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:54 AM   #22406
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Quote:
Even on competition shows they feel they have to "reality it up" these days. I could do without the drama between the competitors on TS too. Some of them are Asshole enough so they don't need to drama it all up like they do.
Yeah, I realize it's a reality show, but all the crap in between the actual shooting competitions could be cut out entirely.

Old 12-09-2011, 11:40 AM   #22407
gofast1320
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 615
Top shot

Yeah, I've enjoyed it too but on this past season that jackass Jake with his whinney bit***n really put me off. Sure showed his mettle by dropping out. Clown did well on one of the challenges but managed to stay much longer than some much better shots.
gofast1320 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:30 PM   #22408
doc_ricketts
Thumper jockey

Oddometer: 4,482
Quote:
It has gotten better with time, but they could have more info on the hardware for us geeks and much less about elimination strategy. I think they should just have people isolated from each other and then show up for the shoots. And I'll bet that Jake got some major talking to by former SEALs after his disgraceful behavoir. Most of the SEALs I know would kick his butt when he got home.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:47 PM   #22409
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Got the new grip/magwell set in today. Didn't know there was NOTHING in the new magwell housing! Only took me a few minutes to swap over the stuff and boy, the gun looks way better and feels great. I also chose the slim G10 smooth grips and glad I did. Shitty cel pic though for now.

Old 12-09-2011, 02:50 PM   #22410
The_Commander
The Man.

Oddometer: 5,555
Quote:
Got the new grip/magwell set in today. Didn't know there was NOTHING in the new magwell housing!
We get about three guys a year looking for a cup, spring and pin.
The_Commander is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: