Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 659 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 12-15-2011, 06:59 AM   #22546
Rubber Cow
GS Dork

Oddometer: 5,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Man View Post
Who has real experience with US Optics?
I've shot with a few-nice glass and a great assortment of reticles. What do you need to know.

"Woof, woof woof woof ...woof woof!!!!!!!!!"
Cricket the Dog-RIP
Rubber Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:32 AM   #22547
Fe Man
I am Iron Moran!

Oddometer: 7,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Cow View Post
I've shot with a few-nice glass and a great assortment of reticles. What do you need to know.
I have a guy that wants to trade one for an extra Leupold I have. I was just unfamiliar with their quality.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:40 AM   #22548
CodyY
ADVenture Capitalist

Oddometer: 9,484
Quote:
I have a guy that wants to trade one for an extra Leupold I have. I was just unfamiliar with their quality.
Top quality. Do it.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:34 AM   #22549
Gas Hog
Two Wheel Fanatic

Oddometer: 943
Quote:
Is there something wrong with it..as in does it need service/repair?
I have had 2 in for warranty work for more than a year..now that was a long time ago.
Don't know about today, as I'm not much on second chances
Gary
Some regard private enterprise as if it were a predatory tiger to be shot. Others look upon it as a cow that they can milk. Only a handful see it for what it really is - the strong horse that pulls the whole cart. - Winston Churchill
Gas Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:57 AM   #22550
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,300
Quote:
Why does he say he wants to trade.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:28 PM   #22551
ajayhawkfan
Rock Chalk

Oddometer: 4,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
I think he is in Missouri....keep them John Brown lovers up in Lawrence.
Speaking of John Brown. This gun is my favorite and is very historic.

This is a Sharps 1846. The reason this one is historic is because it is one of about 900 to 1000 "Breecher Bibles". Rev. Henry Ward Breecher (brother to Harrite Breecher Stowe, writer of "Uncle Tom's Cabin") raised money to buy rifles that were sent to those who appose slavery in KS. Breecher Bibles

While in Harper's Ferry at the National Park this last summer I spoke to a historian about my rifle. He said there are less then 200 of these rifles know to exist and that he hoped that I consider leaving it to a mayor museum sometime in the future such as the one in Harper's Ferry.

Texas Hill Country Badlands and Black Hills Riding the T.W.A.T Photos

ajayhawkfan screwed with this post 12-15-2011 at 02:22 PM
ajayhawkfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:06 PM   #22552
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,494
^^^^^^^^^^^

Very cool! Nice to have something with a history. When I was a kid my grandfather had a Civil war muzzle loader. I think it was a Springfield Armory caplock like the one in the earlier post. I have no idea what happened to that piece.
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 03:56 PM   #22553
VegasKLRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,906
Quote:
Who has real experience with US Optics?
I have had a couple of US Optics scopes. One was amazing, and one was not. I went back to Leupold exclusively- I have never had a dud from them.

WWJWD?

What Would John Wayne Do?

Southwest Riders visit www.my2wheels.com.
VegasKLRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:37 PM   #22554
MiamiMotorcyclist
used to be -MiamiUly

Oddometer: 1,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_ricketts View Post
By the way, I caught the newest episode of 'American Guns' last night (after visiting their shop last week). The part about building a Yellow Boy was pretty interesting but the bimbos shooting with the local firemen was really dumb.

I guess I have to visit the shop again and give the guys some advice on how to make the show better for an intellectual audience like us guys.
Please tell them to lay off of the impact explosives in EVERYTHING that they shoot at.

At least Sons of Guns mentions that there are explosives in the things they load with it. American Guns seems to want people to think their guns are causing the explosions.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:53 PM   #22555
wakewop
Hucker

Oddometer: 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_ricketts View Post
Yes, the Yellow Boy project was interesting but done very sloppily on camera, at least. Their prices for rifles are pretty darn good. The M1A (new) that I looked at was $950. I was also interested in a Winchester 76 in 40-60 that was in very good shape with a few rust pits (which made it look genuine) for $1195. They mainly had expensive Colt revolvers and some old guns, but I would go back there again if I was interested in the type of two guns that I inspected. They are pretty nice in the store and fairly helpful. They will let you heft and work the action on anything they have.
I live in CO and have known Gunsmoke for years. They are pretty much regarded as the assholes and joke of the firearm industry out here. Their shop is a museum of guns, which in itself is not a bad thing. His prices are horrible on common firearms. His gunsmithing and his engraving is mediocre at best, but charges premium prices. Absurd prices and his turn around times are so far out of whack I don't know who would have them work on their stuff. Now that the show is on the air, the shop is packed with people who are too stupid to shop anywhere else. Simple people all giddy about shopping at a reality show shop. If you google the owners name, you can really get some insight on what kind of guy he is and how he does business.
wakewop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:54 PM   #22556
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,314
Can someone tell me what "shear hammers" are?

I can't find jack on google.

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:27 AM   #22557
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakewop View Post
I live in CO and have known Gunsmoke for years. They are pretty much regarded as the assholes and joke of the firearm industry out here. Their shop is a museum of guns, which in itself is not a bad thing. His prices are horrible on common firearms. His gunsmithing and his engraving is mediocre at best, but charges premium prices. Absurd prices and his turn around times are so far out of whack I don't know who would have them work on their stuff. Now that the show is on the air, the shop is packed with people who are too stupid to shop anywhere else. Simple people all giddy about shopping at a reality show shop. If you google the owners name, you can really get some insight on what kind of guy he is and how he does business.
I have read those same kind of reviews on a few other sites. I personally think that the "gun community" has three real groups. Firearm enthusiast, I just got my/a _____ and _____ and then the Gun Nut. I think that most on this thread would fall into the enthusiast catagory, a few in the I just got__ _____ the gun nutz are the guys that walk around in the t-shirt with the smily face and one bullet hole in its forhead with a little bit of blood running down. The folks that are very new to the community are the ones that I think would visit his shop....just don't know enough, or don't care enough.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:37 AM   #22558
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,312
While talking about some oldies...here is something I have not got to shoot in about 8 years....plan on taking care of that this spring.

FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:53 AM   #22559
CodyY
ADVenture Capitalist

Oddometer: 9,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius View Post
Can someone tell me what "shear hammers" are?

I can't find jack on google.
Hammer.
Sear.

No such thing as a shear hammer.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:10 AM   #22560
pilot
Slacker Moderator

Oddometer: 30,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post

Want.

Display Modes Rate This Thread