Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 171 votes, 4.82 average. Display Modes
Old 09-20-2012, 06:45 PM   #26881
HardCase
winter is coming

Oddometer: 9,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttpete View Post
During WWII, the Luftwaffe issued a Sauer drilling that was 16X16 ga. with the rifle barrel 9.3X74R. It was intended to be a survival gun.
Maybe that was for Luftwaffe pilots flying missions for the Afrika Korps! Or up in northern Scandanavia where polar bears might become interested in a downed pilot.

That would be a seriously cool gun!

Hard cases make bad law.
HardCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:57 PM   #26882
doc_ricketts
Thumper jockey

Oddometer: 4,486
Quote:
During WWII, the Luftwaffe issued a Sauer drilling that was 16X16 ga. with the rifle barrel 9.3X74R. It was intended to be a survival gun.
Well here is a Kreighoff with double 9.3 and a 20 guage below:
http://www.claytargetsports.com/Krie...-Drilling.aspx
Old 09-20-2012, 11:18 PM   #26883
ZzyzyxRd
Home of the odds

Oddometer: 11,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsman76 View Post
How many in the mag!
You can find 8 rd mags for the officer models but it came with 2 7rd mags.
ZzyzyxRd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:20 PM   #26884
ZzyzyxRd
Home of the odds

Oddometer: 11,316
Quote:
That would be awesome!!!

Dibs on the tactical version.
ZzyzyxRd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:04 PM   #26885
vspeed
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 383
Some nice guns out at my shooting place today.

A friend had his Browning Hi-Power, S&W Model 66, and RWS Diana .22 Cal air rifle with him.

We took care of some old business.

vspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:58 PM   #26886
Fire Escape
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,334
Range Safety?

Hard to tell if there is a "safe" weapon in that picture. Actions closed, safety's off, magazines (mostly) in place, cartridge rims apparent in the S&W. I have no problems with loaded firearms, a gun without ammo is like a bike without gas, but I don't leave them lying about to take a picture. If it were just one firearm, I wouldn't mention it, figuring that it was posed for the picture, I don't have enough hands to 'cover' 6 of them though. Just the way I was brought up, loaded weapons are either 'in hand' or holstered.

Bruce

My RWS does get kept closed since to open it is to cock it and I won't store it that way. Have to give you a 'pass' on that one.
06 DR 650, Moose RS Holder, Handguards and Skidplate, ProTaper bars, Garmin 60CSx, Motech racks w/ 20mm Ammo cans, Renazco, TKCs summer/17" SM wheels winter 08 Scrambler, Conti Trail Attacks and BlackTiger Fork mod, 05 FSE 450, 03 KLR 250, 02 FXDX, 72 WR 250 (again), 72 SL 350 K2 (again), 72 TR6R, 06 XT 225
Fire Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:42 PM   #26887
gatling
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Escape View Post
Hard to tell if there is a "safe" weapon in that picture. Actions closed, safety's off, magazines (mostly) in place, cartridge rims apparent in the S&W. I have no problems with loaded firearms, a gun without ammo is like a bike without gas, but I don't leave them lying about to take a picture. If it were just one firearm, I wouldn't mention it, figuring that it was posed for the picture, I don't have enough hands to 'cover' 6 of them though. Just the way I was brought up, loaded weapons are either 'in hand' or holstered.

Bruce

My RWS does get kept closed since to open it is to cock it and I won't store it that way. Have to give you a 'pass' on that one.
Sheesh. Arrogance to an exponent. I enjoyed the photo. The poster took the time to create a photo and share it with us, which I appreciate. I trust the poster to know how to handle his weapons. I would guess he doesn't need someone to tell him in a public forum how to do so. I'm sure he is relieved to know you gave him a pass on his airgun. Very generous (and patronizing) of you.

I write a blog and when I post a photo of someone on a bike in the parking lot without a helmet, I'll get emails from people critical of the rider for not wearing a helmet. What is it with some people...why the constant need to find something to criticize? Does it somehow make you feel better? If you were really trying to suggest something better (not that I feel it's necessary in the above photo), why not a PM?

You know, if you don't have anything nice to say, maybe you should just not say anything.

That's the way I was brought up.
'10 California Scooter (my Baja Blaster!)

gatling screwed with this post 09-21-2012 at 11:04 PM
gatling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:11 PM   #26888
KSJEEPER
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatling View Post
Sheesh. Arrogance to an exponent. I enjoyed the photo. The poster took the time to create a photo and share it with us, which I appreciate. I trust the poster to know how to handle his weapons. I would guess he doesn't need someone to tell him in a public forum how to do so. I'm sure he is relieved to know you gave him a pass on his airgun. Very generous (and patronizing) of you.

I write a blog and when I post a photo of someone on a bike in the parking lot without a helmet, I'll get emails from people critical of the rider for not wearing a helmet. What is it with some people...why the constant need to find something to criticize? Does it somehow make you feel better? If you were really trying to suggest something better (not that I feel it's necessary in the above photo), why not a PM?

You know, if you don't have anything nice to say, maybe you should just not say anything.

That's the way I was brought up.
I can honestly say, it never occurred to me to check the weapons in the picture and certainly not to criticize someone. And plus, I ain't askeered of a loaded revolver... But the mentality these days is most certainly to knit-pick and tear down, you are absolutely spot on with that analysis.
KSJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:14 PM   #26889
RonS
Out there...

Oddometer: 16,682
Quote:

Bruce

You know if you slam your pecker in the action you'll be sure that the gun will not go off. Now please go off and do that and leave the rest of us to appreciate a fine collection.

RonS screwed with this post 09-21-2012 at 11:25 PM
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:20 PM   #26890
buildit
Pumpkin Rider

Oddometer: 13,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSJEEPER View Post
I can honestly say, it never occurred to me to check the weapons in the picture and certainly not to criticize someone. And plus, I ain't askeered of a loaded revolver... But the mentality these days is most certainly to knit-pick and tear down, you are absolutely spot on with that analysis.
Agreed, Unless you are transporting a firearm in open site or handing it off to another bolt closed is fine in my book. Picture looks good.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:13 AM   #26891
AZbiker
Crunkin' with crackers

Oddometer: 6,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonS View Post
You know if you slam your pecker in the action you'll be sure that the gun will not go off. Now please go off and do that and leave the rest of us to appreciate a fine collection.

You owe me a keyboard, fucker.

derek

http://azbiker.smugmug.com

Got SmugMug? If not, save some cash and use my code: McYdbycdcvM5Q
AZbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:43 AM   #26892
vspeed
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 383
Quote:

Bruce

Bite me.
vspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:01 AM   #26893
Juanjo_NY
Made in Argentina

Oddometer: 3,636
the glasses are up-side-down!
Old 09-22-2012, 07:19 AM   #26894
GP640
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,150
I'm far enough from those guns that I don't need to worry.
GP640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:32 AM   #26895
KSJEEPER
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
Agreed, Unless you are transporting a firearm in open site or handing it off to another bolt closed is fine in my book. Picture looks good.
Plus hardly anyone is ever accidentally shot by a gun they see on the internet...
KSJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: