Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 505 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 08:58 AM   #27736
Dooga
Adventure Tourer

Oddometer: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtphreak View Post
I don't like DA/SA
First shot with a heeeeavy loooooog trigger pull?
I can deal with every shot being like that, but why?
The CZ75B is NOT DAO -- you can treat the CZ like a SA (rack the slide, set it up SA every time) and also set it up cocked and locked, condition 1, and keep it holstered like that. But, BONUS: if you're not comfortable with condition one, you can also carry it Condition 2, "Condition 2 refers to traditional Double Action / Single Action pistol with a round in the chamber, the hammer down" but not with the safety on because you cannot activate the safety unless the hammer is back. So, it really is the best of both worlds. I have a CZ75B and have never fired it double action, but if my gun fails to fire because of a light strike for whatever reason, I can fire one more time on DA before I eject the round by racking the slide.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:20 AM   #27737
sect8dr
ride them all

Oddometer: 220
new gun

Just picked up the Dan wesson yesterday, only picture i took

sect8dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:30 AM   #27738
skysailor
Rat Rider

Oddometer: 3,305
Thanks for the feed back on the CZ. We can't actually carry in Canada. However, if I'm backpacking, I'll very discreetly have a hand cannon handy. Very discreet. If I had to use it on a bear, I would just keep it between myself and the bear. Rather be tried by 12, than carried by 6.......or eaten!
Lots written about the perfect personal defence gun. Give me a good DA revolver EVERY TIME! A nice easy to manage .357 by Ruger or S&W. 4.2" in Canada, we can't get 4"???? That's my backpacking choice as well.
The CZ will be simply for the range. Fun Gun.
Again, thanks for the feed back guys.
Lyle
skysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:33 AM   #27739
RuggedExposure
wandering the desert

Oddometer: 1,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo66 View Post
Ya' know I'm thinking if that German gun had never been registered with BATF and gotten a stamp, it would have been illegal to possess, so how could they just give it back to her?

If it was a local law enforcement office handling the intake procedure they would merely run a record check on the serial number of the weapon. If it came back with negative results that means it hasn't been reported stolen and is not known to be involved with any lookouts.

The checks more than likely would not be run through an ATF database, and due to the age would most likely be considered a 'curios'.

Firearm curios or relics include firearms which have special value to collectors because they possess some qualities not ordinarily associated with firearms intended for sporting use or as offensive or defensive weapons. To be recognized as curios or relics, firearms must fall within one of the following categories:
  1. Have been manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date, but not including replicas thereof; or
  2. Be certified by the curator of a municipal, State, or Federal museum which exhibits firearms to be curios or relics of museum interest; or
  3. Derive a substantial part of their monetary value from the fact that they are novel, rare, bizarre, or from the fact of their association with some historical figure, period, or event.

Border Road 100 Border Road Rally Raid
'13 Husky Terra 650, '08 Kawasaki Meanstreak 1600, '95 DR350S
RuggedExposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:07 AM   #27740
xtphreak
from B4 "adventure bikes"

Oddometer: 7,960
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtphreak

I don't like DA/SA

First shot with a heeeeavy loooooog trigger pull?

I can deal with every shot being like that, but why?
The CZ75B is NOT DAO -- you can treat the CZ like a SA (rack the slide, set it up SA every time) and also set it up cocked and locked, condition 1, and keep it holstered like that. But, BONUS: if you're not comfortable with condition one, you can also carry it Condition 2, "Condition 2 refers to traditional Double Action / Single Action pistol with a round in the chamber, the hammer down" but not with the safety on because you cannot activate the safety unless the hammer is back. So, it really is the best of both worlds. I have a CZ75B and have never fired it double action, but if my gun fails to fire because of a light strike for whatever reason, I can fire one more time on DA before I eject the round by racking the slide.

But what I said was that I don't like DA/SA
Not DAO
I don't like having 2 different trigger pulls
The idea was to make it simple for cops transitioning from a revolver

I like a single action, but on my HiPower with the SFS, you don't do Condition One, you rack the slide to chamber the first round.
Then you PUSH the hammer forward to the down position with your thumb.
The safety pops into SAFE position
The hammer is locked down
The sear is locked
The gun is SAFE Hammer down Condition 2
Pull from holster
Thumb safety down
Hammer goes back to full cock
Pull trigger (single action every shot)

Sent from my dRoiD3 with the help of 44 cyber-enhanced dwarves
Robert A. Heinlen
Adventure is discomfort recounted at leisure. Flash / GSWayne
Chrome don't get ya home. Rob Nye
Stamp Out Hoplophobia in Our lifetimes.
1999 Tiger 885
1995 XT600E
xtphreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:20 AM   #27741
Speedo66
Transient

Oddometer: 6,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuggedExposure View Post
If it was a local law enforcement office handling the intake procedure they would merely run a record check on the serial number of the weapon. If it came back with negative results that means it hasn't been reported stolen and is not known to be involved with any lookouts.

The checks more than likely would not be run through an ATF database, and due to the age would most likely be considered a 'curios'.

Firearm curios or relics include firearms which have special value to collectors because they possess some qualities not ordinarily associated with firearms intended for sporting use or as offensive or defensive weapons. To be recognized as curios or relics, firearms must fall within one of the following categories:
  1. Have been manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date, but not including replicas thereof; or
  2. Be certified by the curator of a municipal, State, or Federal museum which exhibits firearms to be curios or relics of museum interest; or
  3. Derive a substantial part of their monetary value from the fact that they are novel, rare, bizarre, or from the fact of their association with some historical figure, period, or event.
If that gun, which I'm not sure, has full auto capability, then I don't believe it's covered under curios and relics.

The time to register old full autos has long expired.

Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:56 AM   #27742
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo66 View Post
If that gun, which I'm not sure, has full auto capability, then I don't believe it's covered under curios and relics.

The time to register old full autos has long expired.
Wikipedia says 550-600 rounds per minute
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:31 AM   #27743
BigIron
Tenured Prof - Leghump U.

Oddometer: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
p938
+1
BigIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:49 PM   #27744
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,483
crap crap crap. I had myself talked in to thinning out the guns that are sitting in the safe that rarely see daylight. I took out my STI's and took pictures and wrote an ad for them, but am having a hell of a time convincing myself to push the list this item button.

Why would anyone sell guns you ask? Because I lost an argument with the wife. We were at the store and I was wanting to pick up a mossberg 500 combo shotgun. She said I already had one, I swore I didn't. Guess what was buried in the back of the safe behind all the silly black rifles? None of these have gotten any range time since I bought my first springfield XDM, and of course I had to buy another one of those, so now I have about 8 9mm's in the safe and only those two XDM's have come out this year.

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:05 PM   #27745
00SS
Always a vicious cycle

Oddometer: 1,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
crap crap crap. I had myself talked in to thinning out the guns that are sitting in the safe that rarely see daylight. I took out my STI's and took pictures and wrote an ad for them, but am having a hell of a time convincing myself to push the list this item button.

Why would anyone sell guns you ask? Because I lost an argument with the wife. We were at the store and I was wanting to pick up a mossberg 500 combo shotgun. She said I already had one, I swore I didn't. Guess what was buried in the back of the safe behind all the silly black rifles? None of these have gotten any range time since I bought my first springfield XDM, and of course I had to buy another one of those, so now I have about 8 9mm's in the safe and only those two XDM's have come out this year.
How much for the one top/center? I was just about to pick up a new ar for xmas, but if i can't swing it i know someone who is looking. PM if'n you decide to sell.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:15 PM   #27746
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00SS View Post
How much for the one top/center? I was just about to pick up a new ar for xmas, but if i can't swing it i know someone who is looking. PM if'n you decide to sell.
Wanna know how bad it is? I was looking on gunbroker for pricing info and ended up placing a bid on another one.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:21 PM   #27747
Boondoggle
Gear Grinder

Oddometer: 12,508
Quote:
Wanna know how bad it is? I was looking on gunbroker for pricing info and ended up placing a bid on another one.

I was thinking you should buy a revolver or two, just to clear your mind...
Whoever shows up next better bring ice. -Tom C
Boondoggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:33 PM   #27748
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondoggle View Post
I was thinking you should buy a revolver or two, just to clear your mind...
To go along with the GP100 I haven't shot in, 15? years, and the .38 that is still new in the box from the 70's?
Come to think of it, there's at least five guns in the safe I have never gotten around to shooting, a couple of which are 20+ years old at this point. I have some serious kind of mental problem.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:42 PM   #27749
Lobby
Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer: 27,306
Matt,

Ole buddy, ole pal.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #27750
Signal
Cynical Idealist

Oddometer: 8,297
Quote:

Some of us have "problems"

Full size on teh right?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: