Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 717 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 07:55 PM   #27811
Signal
Cynical Idealist

Oddometer: 8,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
Ok fuckers. Today was a breakthrough day. Three guns got shot for the first time in ten years, and my boy shot his first gun bigger than a .22.
He loved the Ar-15, and was just as good of a shot with it as I expected he would be since he's been using a 15-22 all year. And he surprised even me when he decide to at least give the M1 Garand a go. One shot was enough.
outstanding
Old 12-16-2012, 09:58 PM   #27812
Rustynuts
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Made a dueling tree to prove to my son I am a better shot than him . Plates are AR500 steel to take high powered rifle rounds. Made the frame to knock down into parts for storage and transporting, plates can come off the tree, tree comes out of the base and legs slide out of the base. The plates come from a guy that sells them in kits with the tubes on eBay for a pretty reasonable price for AR500 plates. Just need to fully weld it now.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:12 AM   #27813
ZzyzyxRd
Home of the odds

Oddometer: 11,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukeryder View Post
My buddy has been bothering me for months to attend an Advanced Pistol course, so this weekend our schedules finally freed up and we were able to attend. Our instructor was an ex-Green Beret and currently a government weapons trainer. I hadn't been to the range since September and only a a time or two all year long, and have never practiced drawing from a concealed holster and shooting from behind barricades. But he ran us through a bunch of drills and then put us through the ICE qualification course at the end of the course as our final test, and I ended up scoring 235 out of 250 possible points, which was 5 points over the minimum required to qual for "Expert", 210 was the min qual score.

The sweet part is I didn't use a fancy gun, just my CZ75 and some shitty Wolf Ammo!

BTW in 4 years and many rounds I've never had any fail to feed, fail to eject, double feeds, fail to fires or any other malfunctions with the CZ. I have seen Glocks double feed from limp wristing. There's only 2 reasons I wouldn't CCW, 1: It's too big and heavy 2: external safety

Yup, my CZ is the one gun I have no intention of ever getting rid of. Almost everything else is negotiable.

Get you some VZ grips for it, as good as it is stock, the VZ's make it even better.
[IMG][/IMG]
ZzyzyxRd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:11 AM   #27814
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,914
Stopped in and bought a sig P250 full size in 9mm at a small town shop. Hisprices were way lower than anyone elses in the area. I picked 9mm over 40/45 so I could practice and plink for cheap.

I plan on getting the sub-compact conversion kit in 357 sig for carry. I pick it up Wed and hope to run a few hundred rounds through it Saturday.

I also stopped in at Cabelas as I had a gift card to burn, ended up getting some of the Zombie Max ammo(e) for the wifes Savage M12. I'm gonna wrap it up and give it to her for Christmas.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:45 AM   #27815
gatling
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
Made a dueling tree to prove to my son I am a better shot than him . Plates are AR500 steel to take high powered rifle rounds. Made the frame to knock down into parts for storage and transporting, plates can come off the tree, tree comes out of the base and legs slide out of the base. The plates come from a guy that sells them in kits with the tubes on eBay for a pretty reasonable price for AR500 plates. Just need to fully weld it now.

Awesome.
'10 California Scooter (my Baja Blaster!)
gatling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:08 PM   #27816
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 9,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooga View Post
You're going to love your new CZ 75B! You should get one of these for it: http://www.ubgholsters.com/owb.htm
Yeah, wondering what to get for a holster. I'd want something more traditional, outside on my belt with a flap or safety strap for camping and such.

Rapid Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:10 PM   #27817
Dukeryder

Oddometer: 7,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZzyzyxRd View Post
Yup, my CZ is the one gun I have no intention of ever getting rid of. Almost everything else is negotiable.

Get you some VZ grips for it, as good as it is stock, the VZ's make it even better.
thanks for the suggestion, I might have to try those out in the near future!

Dukeryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:33 PM   #27818
Dooga
Adventure Tourer

Oddometer: 285
My CZ 75B in its UBG Regulator Holster

Here's a fancy, gorgeous, sexy photo of my CZ 75B with a Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grip well-invested in a UBG Regulator Holster.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:37 PM   #27819
Dooga
Adventure Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancowboy View Post
nice target. looks like the feds borrowed it from the locals: (history of the nypd "thug" target).
Where can I order some of those -- they're great!
Old 12-17-2012, 04:44 PM   #27820
Dooga
Adventure Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Dog View Post
Yeah, wondering what to get for a holster. I'd want something more traditional, outside on my belt with a flap or safety strap for camping and such.
Here's a flap holster for the CZ and some safety holsters.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:22 AM   #27821
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 9,064
Thumb

...yeah, I like the old flap style. I'm going with the Hogue rubber grips like yours. Fantastic feel.

Rapid Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:12 AM   #27822
Fire Escape
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,508
How Traditional?

Quote:

Depending upon just how traditional you want it to look, the Bianchi Military holster

http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/...p?numSubCat=26

provides a lot of protection, reasonable access and has an interesting attachment/belt clip that does not require unthreading/rethreading the belt to use. It definitely does not look like the old WWI flap holster though.

Bruce
06 DR 650, Moose RS Holder, Handguards and Skidplate, ProTaper bars, Garmin 60CSx, Motech racks w/ 20mm Ammo cans, Renazco, TKCs summer/17" SM wheels winter 08 Scrambler, Conti Trail Attacks and BlackTiger Fork mod, 05 FSE 450, 03 KLR 250, 02 FXDX, 72 WR 250 (again), 72 SL 350 K2 (again), 72 TR6R, 06 XT 225
Fire Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:39 PM   #27823
CodeMonkee
Geek Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Escape View Post
Depending upon just how traditional you want it to look, the Bianchi Military holster

http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/...p?numSubCat=26

provides a lot of protection, reasonable access and has an interesting attachment/belt clip that does not require unthreading/rethreading the belt to use. It definitely does not look like the old WWI flap holster though.

Bruce
I got the UM84 and ordered the one for the revolver too. I don't think I am going to be getting in any fast draw comps (I would lose anyway, even when I was young I had slow reflexes) and these are decent holsters.
Not all who wander are lost
CodeMonkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:02 PM   #27824
gofast1320
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 672
holster

Quote:

Check out Don Hulme holsters
gofast1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #27825
Signal
Cynical Idealist

Oddometer: 8,386
Was looking for a Rock River arms varment ar platform- none to be had anywhere....
AR's are selling fast.

Any similar models suggested? Bushmaster? DMPS?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: