User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 712 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 05:57 AM   #29161
BOBaloo22
RIP Baby Girl

Oddometer: 3,778

I really like this gun. When I bought my Berreta storm I tried to get the FNX in 9 ,none in stock. I really wanted one, they are great AND "made" right up the road from me. A friend of mines Dad built your gun. Maybe get one a little later because my wife WILL kill me if I tried it again so soon.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:13 AM   #29162
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 7,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBaloo22 View Post

I really like this gun. When I bought my Berreta storm I tried to get the FNX in 9 ,none in stock. I really wanted one, they are great AND "made" right up the road from me. A friend of mines Dad built your gun. Maybe get one a little later because my wife WILL kill me if I tried it again so soon.

What Momma don't know....

Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:36 AM   #29163
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripl Nikl View Post

Speaking of hard to find... Good luck finding a no-lock S&W .38 snubbie too.

Can you explain. I'm not familiar with what you are referring to.

Does this just apply to snubs. I am thinking about a .38/.357 revolver, but probably in 4".
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:13 AM   #29164
Manuel Garcia O'Kely
Back at last

Oddometer: 12,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBaloo22 View Post
I seem to have developed a 'thing' for FN, this is my third FN - I have the BHP in 9, the FNS-40 and now this.

BTW, I bought the FNS on a lark, but like it a lot - the X looks good as well, I just thought a striker fired for variety. The .40 is a good bang, I imagine the 9 is pretty sweet as well with the lighter recoil. For some reason these FNS/X look really good to my eye.

There's casting, then there's running into the stream with a baseball bat trying to club the fish to death. - Jim Moore
Manuel Garcia O'Kely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:14 AM   #29165
Manuel Garcia O'Kely
Back at last

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Rocket View Post
Can you explain. I'm not familiar with what you are referring to.

Does this just apply to snubs. I am thinking about a .38/.357 revolver, but probably in 4".
I think he means a 'hammerless' pocket revolver, or a striker fired revolver - no visible hammer.

I know a guy with a .38 special on the floor, but to be honest, I'd hold out for a .357 so you can go both ways with ammo.

There's casting, then there's running into the stream with a baseball bat trying to club the fish to death. - Jim Moore
Old 03-23-2013, 08:18 AM   #29166
Medicine Creek

Oddometer: 9,433
with smith and wesson revolvers the "no lock" refers to revolvers without the internal lock safety. the lock uses a "key" to turn a locking mechanism. it is located just above the cylinder release lever on the left side of the revolver.

Medicine Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:24 AM   #29167
Medicine Creek

as far as a 357/38 revolver. you haunt your local gun stores and local online private gun sale sites you'll find on. i've picked up two, a 27-2 and a 15-3, in the past two weeks from young guys that want something actually usable. one was his grandfathers duty pistol that had been handed down. i tried to talk him out of selling it standing in his living room.

everyone knows a revolver is all but worthless unless it's new and black. if you happen to run into anyone unaware of this...please tell them.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:29 AM   #29168
Medicine Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripl Nikl View Post
then having a gun-shaped club to beat an attacker with.

that trail boss would make and excellent club.....but it'd probably recoil club your non shooter wife right in the head.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:31 AM   #29169
Manuel Garcia O'Kely
Back at last

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicine Creek View Post
as far as a 357/38 revolver. you haunt your local gun stores and local online private gun sale sites you'll find on. i've picked up two, a 27-2 and a 15-3, in the past two weeks from young guys that want something actually usable. one was his grandfathers duty pistol that had been handed down. i tried to talk him out of selling it standing in his living room.

everyone knows a revolver is all but worthless unless it's new and black. if you happen to run into anyone unaware of this...please tell them.
Yea, my must bang pistol is an ancient Detective Special - it's perfect for close contact shooting and HP's in a .38 Special will do the job.

Many folks discount the revolver, but they tend to be more reliable and the bigger ammo tends to remain available - my LGS has tons of .38 special in stock.

Age, provided it's fully functional, need not deter a buyer.

Old 03-23-2013, 08:52 AM   #29170
Medicine Creek

i couldn't agree more...i just don't want the word getting out.

i love an old smith. there is something about the craftsmanship and that deep high luster blue....it's almost black...that gets me.

and i'd just rather shoot a revolver. i've got a few decent plastic guns but throwing lead with them is just hoe hum compared to thumbing a nice target hammer back.

i did look at an old detective special in the lgs day before yesterday. beat up, worn down and EXPENSIVE.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:56 AM   #29171
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicine Creek View Post

Like the clerk who sold my noob buddy a Glock when he went in for a wheel gun.
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:09 AM   #29172
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 7,864
I own quite a few guns, but my old Smiths are by far my favorites. I especially love my Smith Model 42, it is still my favorite carry gun. There is just something remarkable about the craftsmanship that doesn't exist in any of my black guns.

Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:17 AM   #29173
Medicine Creek

revolver cases at gun stores are just places to fill out paper work on real guns.

i roam around gun stores quite a bit. if there is a guy looking to buy and looking at several things, like he's not exactly sure what he wants, he won't even look at the revolver case. and gun store counter guy won't point him that way either.

if a guy just walks in, drifts past long enough to see whats there, he's the one you wanna beat to the current crop of trade ins.

those traded in old smiths and colts don't last long but they never leave with undecided guy. they leave with the guys that drop in week after week year after year just checking.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:21 AM   #29174
Medicine Creek

i can never remember what pictures i've posted on what fuckin' website...so if this is a duplicate at least it's a decent one.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:22 AM   #29175
Medicine Creek

25-2

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: