Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 473 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #29371
Parepin
The Filthy Nomad

Oddometer: 1,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGo Gadget View Post
How about a take down lever action?
I really like that. It looks fairly well done, from what I can see. Do you have a bigger picture of it?

The website says they're no longer taking orders, but I've got it bookmarked. The break down, the leather carrying case, I really dig all of that. I wonder what they would charge to do one.

That being said, if I'm gonna pay what I assume is going to be a fair amount of cash to convert a lever action, I'm gonna want to do it to something a little better than a Rossi that shoots .38/.357. And if I'm gonna invest that kind of cash on a project, I don't know that it belongs haphazardly strapped to a KLR with sewage line.
Parepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:05 PM   #29372
sieg
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,333
Dam, all this talk 'bout lever guns got me itching to shoot my Rossi. I'm off all week so I guess I'll go waste some ammo and tin cans. I pity some of the gun owners on here when they say the have to go to the range to shoot. I'm luck that I can shoot 1000yds+ right from my dining room table without getting on anyone else's property. I keep telling my wife I just need to get a rifle that will shoot 1000yd so I can take advantage of the opportunity.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:11 PM   #29373
gatling
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by sieg View Post
Dam, all this talk 'bout lever guns got me itching to shoot my Rossi. I'm off all week so I guess I'll go waste some ammo and tin cans. I pity some of the gun owners on here when they say the have to go to the range to shoot. I'm luck that I can shoot 1000yds+ right from my dining room table without getting on anyone else's property. I keep telling my wife I just need to get a rifle that will shoot 1000yd so I can take advantage of the opportunity.
1000 yards with that Rossi would be quite an accomplishment. I'm thinking of Gus MacCrae in the scene with the buffalo hunters...

Seriously, though, I envy you. My dream is to someday tunnel out of the People's Republik of Kalifornia and buy property where I can do that.
gatling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:37 PM   #29374
Medicine Creek

Oddometer: 9,402
THREE.

Medicine Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #29375
jmabbott888
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
I've got a 94 Wrangler in 32 Win Spcl with a big loop, all you do is hold it like a regular looped 94, put your hand thru the loop not around it.
jmabbott888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:46 PM   #29376
TexBiker
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 815
I installed the WWG Big Loop on my Marlin 1895G because the factory loop was too small for me to use while wearing gloves around the ranch. Big loop makes follow-up shots much easier and faster...which is important with the big boars we have around here.

-Mark Twain
TexBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #29377
Speedo66
Transient

Oddometer: 6,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexBiker View Post
Big loop makes follow-up shots much easier and faster...which is important with the big boars we have around here.
Funny, when I worked in Manhattan, we had a lot of big bores there, too.

I have an old Winchester '73 in 38 WCF, but I think a strip of duct tape across the mouth would be more appropriate.

Speedo66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:54 PM   #29378
GoGo Gadget
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parepin View Post
I really like that. It looks fairly well done, from what I can see. Do you have a bigger picture of it?

The website says they're no longer taking orders, but I've got it bookmarked. The break down, the leather carrying case, I really dig all of that. I wonder what they would charge to do one.

That being said, if I'm gonna pay what I assume is going to be a fair amount of cash to convert a lever action, I'm gonna want to do it to something a little better than a Rossi that shoots .38/.357. And if I'm gonna invest that kind of cash on a project, I don't know that it belongs haphazardly strapped to a KLR with sewage line.

Yeah sorry about that. It was normal size on their page. There are some Winchester break down lever guns that I think come that way from the factory. Cost a pretty penny tho.

I have been told I have the body of a God. What does this Buddha guy look like?
GoGo Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:51 AM   #29379
sieg
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatling View Post
1000 yards with that Rossi would be quite an accomplishment. I'm thinking of Gus MacCrae in the scene with the buffalo hunters...

Seriously, though, I envy you. My dream is to someday tunnel out of the People's Republik of Kalifornia and buy property where I can do that.
Yea I don't think I'll try any 1000 yd. shots with 45LC, that's why I need a 50 cal or 338 lapua. But man that ammo is high!
Old 04-11-2013, 10:37 AM   #29380
Parepin
The Filthy Nomad

Oddometer: 1,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by sieg View Post
Yea I don't think I'll try any 1000 yd. shots with 45LC, that's why I need a 50 cal or 338 lapua. But man that ammo is high!
Price is nothing if there's nothing to price. I went down to the local Wally World for a box of .22 Long. They've got a whole shelf of nothing. And taped to that nothing is a sign indicating two boxes per customer per day. What the hell is going on?
Parepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #29381
sieg
Beastly Adventurer

I can find 338 and 50 @ $5 a round, but no 22. Who to hell hoards 22? I shot a couple hundred 22 and 50 or so 45lc yesterday. Wife and I are camping, riding and shooting this weekend so that should lower my stash count.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:18 AM   #29382
TexBiker
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 815
Welcome to 2013. Since the "Great Gun/Ammo Panic" began in December, just about every gun shop/ammo shop in the US has been sold out. For the last six weeks, our local Walmart has been out of every caliber except 12ga/20ga shotshells. Even reloading components are gone.

I'm glad I'm not shooting long range competitions anymore. Even with my stockpile, I'd be out of primers before the season ended.

Luckily, 12ga is still cheap and plentiful...I can keep up with my skeet/trap hobby.

-Mark Twain
TexBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:43 PM   #29383
Apxgrndr
In the snow

Oddometer: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parepin View Post
Price is nothing if there's nothing to price. I went down to the local Wally World for a box of .22 Long. They've got a whole shelf of nothing. And taped to that nothing is a sign indicating two boxes per customer per day. What the hell is going on?
I thought things were starting to go back to normal, guess not quite yet. Give it a couple more months maybe?

All I know is I should have invested more in ammo a few years back.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:54 PM   #29384
woodmnctry
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 185
Luckily, 12ga is still cheap and plentiful...I can keep up with my skeet/trap hobby.[/QUOTE]

Lucky you on the 12 GA supply --- shotgun shells (along with everything else that goes bang) is non-existent in these parts>
woodmnctry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:31 PM   #29385
HardCase
winter is coming

Oddometer: 9,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apxgrndr View Post
I thought things were starting to go back to normal, guess not quite yet. Give it a couple more months maybe?

All I know is I should have invested more in ammo a few years back.
I don't think we're going to see things "back to normal" in 2013. Hope I'm wrong.

Hard cases make bad law.
HardCase is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: