User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 660 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 06:43 PM   #29386
pilot
Slacker Moderator

Oddometer: 30,997
I've been to two local gun shops in two days and both had more inventory of handguns than I've seen in months. It is starting to get back to somewhat normal around here. Not with ammoe, yet, but still...
Old 04-11-2013, 07:10 PM   #29387
Andyinhilo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCase View Post
I don't think we're going to see things "back to normal" in 2013. Hope I'm wrong.
10-4 on that. I don't think that we will see "normal" again.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."J. Cooper
Andyinhilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:30 PM   #29388
doc_ricketts
Thumper jockey

Oddometer: 4,744
My idea of a back country packable rifle is my stainless Marlin Guide Gun (45/70). I just keep the stock mount screw out and the stock slips into the receiver quick and easy. I have carried it like that a few times in my day pack.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:56 PM   #29389
freax
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
Without drooling too much, can anyone identify this gun and its sight?
Old 04-12-2013, 12:26 AM   #29390
Tripl Nikl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apxgrndr View Post
I thought things were starting to go back to normal, guess not quite yet. Give it a couple more months maybe?
Don't hold your breath.

I think this will continue as people opt to put their discretionary income (and/or credit) into firearms and ammo.

On the plus side, I've been opting to buy 12ga 00B instead of the 9mm and .22lr that I normally buy because it's actually available. I haven't bought any .223 in a year or two because the prices are . I should'a bought when greentip was $.30/rd--that was the best price I've seen in 4-years. That was around November, man, that seems like a long time ago. Same with the $140/500rds of 9mm ball that I passed up. And the Colt 6920 for $1100 that I didn't need--Christmas coming and all that.

Ah well, 20/20 hindsight.

I'm glad that I have about 1500k .22lr for when my Sparrow clears ATF in the next month or two though. I'm saving it for taking my new semi-auto pellet gun out for plinking. I can't wait!!
Tripl Nikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:26 AM   #29391
HardCase
winter is coming

Oddometer: 9,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot View Post
I've been to two local gun shops in two days and both had more inventory of handguns than I've seen in months. It is starting to get back to somewhat normal around here. Not with ammoe, yet, but still...
I'm starting to see a few more guns in shops, but not ammo, although 12 gauge trap/skeet seems to be readily available around here, and about the same price that it has been for several years.

Guns will make a come-back because worries of a ban have diminished somewhat, plus for new gun-owners there's going to be reduced incentive to buy one if you can't get ammo for it.

Hard cases make bad law.
HardCase is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:35 AM   #29392
CrashDummy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by freax View Post
Without drooling too much, can anyone identify this gun and its sight?
I believe she works here
http://www.aacblog.com/ra-ta-tat-tat-tuesday/

And it looks like the gun that this suppressor is on
http://www.advanced-armament.com/TiTAN-QD_p_416.html
If you posted a thread on Face Plant that you crashed because an eagle attacked your helmet, you'd get five people saying how you should know better than to paint your helmet _________ and another five who will suggest you should have taken the MSF Eagle Avoidance course. Then another five will say the Eagle Avoidance Course sucks....
CrashDummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:39 AM   #29393
CrashDummy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,295
One more of her for good measure

If you posted a thread on Face Plant that you crashed because an eagle attacked your helmet, you'd get five people saying how you should know better than to paint your helmet _________ and another five who will suggest you should have taken the MSF Eagle Avoidance course. Then another five will say the Eagle Avoidance Course sucks....
CrashDummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:51 AM   #29394
skysailor
Rat Rider

Oddometer: 3,415
People are hoarding ammo? Okay then....why? Do you guys know something we don't? Plenty of ammo in Canada.....but we need an FAC/PAL to buy it. Have to take either a hunter safety course, or a firearms safety course to get the card. Can't buy a firearm or ammo without one. You guys down south should really require more than a photo ID. Perhaps not make it as restrictive as we do up here.....somewhere in the middle?
Lyle

BTW, I'm a gun owner, like most posting here.
skysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #29395
FatChance
Road Captain

Oddometer: 10,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by skysailor View Post
People are hoarding ammo? Okay then....why? Do you guys know something we don't? Plenty of ammo in Canada.....but we need an FAC/PAL to buy it. Have to take either a hunter safety course, or a firearms safety course to get the card. Can't buy a firearm or ammo without one. You guys down south should really require more than a photo ID.
Don't need any stinking photo ID to buy ammunition here?

- Calculated risk or forbidden fruit?
FatChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #29396
woodmnctry
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 185
This is friggen awsome!-----------just ordered a kit ---
Rusty ---------sent you a pm --- would you change anything if you built another one??

TKS
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
Made a dueling tree to prove to my son I am a better shot than him . Plates are AR500 steel to take high powered rifle rounds. Made the frame to knock down into parts for storage and transporting, plates can come off the tree, tree comes out of the base and legs slide out of the base. The plates come from a guy that sells them in kits with the tubes on eBay for a pretty reasonable price for AR500 plates. Just need to fully weld it now.

woodmnctry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:23 AM   #29397
TexBiker
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatChance View Post
Don't need any stinking photo ID to buy ammunition here?
Nope..not since 1986, anyway. Many people are stocking up since they fear internet ammo sales will be outlawed or prohibitive ammo taxes/purchase quantities will be implemented. Personally, I'm kinda surprised the gov't hasn't moved on that yet.

Prior to this year, I typically went through 45k-50k rounds a year in a variety of calibers, but now I'm just sitting on my stash waiting for ammo or reloading components to show back up. I hate using a consumable when I don't have a way to replenish it right away. If 12ga starts getting scarce, I'll end up with a hell of a lot of free time in the mornings (when I'm typically shooting trap.).

-Mark Twain
TexBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:00 PM   #29398
skysailor
Rat Rider

Oddometer: 3,415
[QUOTE=freax;21167425]Without drooling too much, can anyone identify this gun and its sight?

I'd hit that.
skysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #29399
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Oddometer: 9,786

This ammoe shortage is getting ridiculous. At this pace, it will be years to recover, if at all. Anytime something comes in, it's purchased before it gets a chance to hit the shelves. This has been going on almost a year now. For no reason.

Fear is a powerful motivator.

Might be worth it to purchase an odd caliber, like 7mm just to fucking shoot.
Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Off the grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:47 PM   #29400
RYANINMICHIGAN
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the grid View Post
This ammoe shortage is getting ridiculous. At this pace, it will be years to recover, if at all. Anytime something comes in, it's purchased before it gets a chance to hit the shelves. This has been going on almost a year now. For no reason.

Fear is a powerful motivator.

Might be worth it to purchase an odd caliber, like 7mm just to fucking shoot.

Only been bad for about 4 months here. Eveyrthing was fine right up until Christmas.
RYANINMICHIGAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: