TexBiker
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyY View Post
1/7. No need for a 24" plenty of good 18&20"s out there making hits at 600
https://plus.google.com/app/basic/st...z4pwzawc3spf50

Longest free-float tube
I agree. I used to compete at 1000yds with 80gr bullets and a 20" 1x8 barrel. I currently shoot my 10.5" 1x7" at 600yds without issues. 24" is a waste of steel, IMO.

-Mark Twain
TexBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #29627
Signal
Cynical Idealist

Oddometer: 8,476
Took the new savage 308 out for it's maiden voyage...
Sadly only had PMC 147 gr and a box of Federal soft point 180 gr, but figured they'd be fine for the break in/sight in stuff

Got on the paper quickly- way R, worked it over. The burris 10x40 mil dot was super clear on a cloudy day, but the windage clicks were inconsistent

The PMC seemed warible also, but that could be size as well.

Looking forward to dialing in some loads
Old 05-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #29628
KSJEEPER
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,347
Question for all you knowledgeable types....

Thinking about building an AR lower I have, into a 9mm PCC. Before everyone says 'get a real rifle', I have real rifles. Point of this gun would be to cheaply shoot the AR platform for fun and the untimely death of pieces of metal scrap.

Question is, why is there no other options (at least that I seem to find) for mag-well adapter, other than the standard that takes the Colt mags or modified Uzi mags? Colt mags are tough to find, and $$$ when you do.

Why hasn't someone created one that takes, for example, Glock mags? Plentiful, 30 rounders available, etc. Is it the inherent rake of the pistol mag and the straight nature of the mag-well? seems like the mag-well adapter could sit at the angle it needed to, although it would and back toward the shooter, i suppose. I could put up with a funky angle, in exchange for plentiful and (usually) inexpensive mags.

Just a thought, figured some guru on here would know the answer.
KSJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:34 PM   #29629
GoGo Gadget
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSJEEPER View Post

Thinking about building an AR lower I have, into a 9mm PCC. Before everyone says 'get a real rifle', I have real rifles. Point of this gun would be to cheaply shoot the AR platform for fun and the untimely death of pieces of metal scrap.

Question is, why is there no other options (at least that I seem to find) for mag-well adapter, other than the standard that takes the Colt mags or modified Uzi mags? Colt mags are tough to find, and $$$ when you do.

Why hasn't someone created one that takes, for example, Glock mags? Plentiful, 30 rounders available, etc. Is it the inherent rake of the pistol mag and the straight nature of the mag-well? seems like the mag-well adapter could sit at the angle it needed to, although it would and back toward the shooter, i suppose. I could put up with a funky angle, in exchange for plentiful and (usually) inexpensive mags.

Lone Wolf Designs makes an AR lower that takes Glock mags.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...33NsAh-oY#t=0s

I have been told I have the body of a God. What does this Buddha guy look like?
GoGo Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:22 PM   #29630
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 8,261
This topic, a 9mm AR, reminds me of one of the greatest gun videos of all time.

I love this gun, the M-169, and I love LRM for once paying a beautiful girl to shoot it while filming it. I'm not sure what happened to LRM, but they had a winner in this gun. I only ever saw one, and had a blast shooting it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euBMvpyxlJM

Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #29631
KSJEEPER
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGo Gadget View Post
Lone Wolf Designs makes an AR lower that takes Glock mags.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...33NsAh-oY#t=0s
Cool idea, but limited only to that going forward, and from the comments I get the idea that it ain't the normal lower prices we are all used to....
Old 05-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #29632
KSJEEPER
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
This topic, a 9mm AR, reminds me of one of the greatest gun videos of all time.

I love this gun, the M-169, and I love LRM for once paying a beautiful girl to shoot it while filming it. I'm not sure what happened to LRM, but they had a winner in this gun. I only ever saw one, and had a blast shooting it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euBMvpyxlJM

'mericuh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #29633
VegasKLRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSJEEPER View Post

I have an Olympic upper and a Hahn lower adapter that uses standard STEN mags. The adapter slips in from the top, so it can't fall out if you hit the mag release. The mag releases via a heel latch- like an AK. STEN mags are dirt cheap at most gun shows. I paid $75 for 10 still in cosmoline last year. Keep in mind that not all 9mm upper ejectors work the same, so the mag well will need to be set up for the appropriate upper. The Olympic uses a wire ejector that looks really flimsy but works great.

http://shop.hahn-precision.com/Sten-...-A9OST0105.htm

To be honest, this setup is much more fun than an AR in 5.56. No recoil, minimal muzzle blast and cheaper to shoot. I shoot my 9mm whenever a match or class stay within 100 yds. If you "roll yer own" ammo, you can get 124 gr ammo up above 1600 fps at normal pressures using Blue Dot.

WWJWD?

What Would John Wayne Do?

Southwest Riders visit www.my2wheels.com.
VegasKLRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #29634
Manuel Garcia O'Kely
Back at last

Oddometer: 12,665
Hey, is it wrong that I started laughing my ass off watching a Russian gal shoot an 'american' gun while the music talks about american thighs...honestly, all they needed was a Chevy with a big fucking flag in the bed.....

or something - I got a mixed message there somehow.

There's casting, then there's running into the stream with a baseball bat trying to club the fish to death. - Jim Moore
Manuel Garcia O'Kely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:44 PM   #29635
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 8,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel Garcia O'Kely View Post
Hey, is it wrong that I started laughing my ass off watching a Russian gal shoot an 'american' gun while the music talks about american thighs...honestly, all they needed was a Chevy with a big fucking flag in the bed.....

or something - I got a mixed message there somehow.
Nope, not wrong at all. And it is sung by an Australian band. That's one of the things that makes that video great.

Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:28 AM   #29636
KSJEEPER
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasKLRider View Post
I have an Olympic upper and a Hahn lower adapter that uses standard STEN mags. The adapter slips in from the top, so it can't fall out if you hit the mag release. The mag releases via a heel latch- like an AK. STEN mags are dirt cheap at most gun shows. I paid $75 for 10 still in cosmoline last year. Keep in mind that not all 9mm upper ejectors work the same, so the mag well will need to be set up for the appropriate upper. The Olympic uses a wire ejector that looks really flimsy but works great.

http://shop.hahn-precision.com/Sten-...-A9OST0105.htm

To be honest, this setup is much more fun than an AR in 5.56. No recoil, minimal muzzle blast and cheaper to shoot. I shoot my 9mm whenever a match or class stay within 100 yds. If you "roll yer own" ammo, you can get 124 gr ammo up above 1600 fps at normal pressures using Blue Dot.
Thanks! I will scope that out. Better than unobtanium Colt mags...
Old 05-10-2013, 12:45 AM   #29637
ride4fun562
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 201
I love it sooooo much
ride4fun562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:33 AM   #29638
00SS
Always a vicious cycle

Oddometer: 1,685
45 pron

So i decided to put a stainless mil spec slide on my RI A2 (wide body), this was mostly due to the fact i wanted some aftermarket fiber sights (front were pinned in and not dovetailed). Pretty standard swap, since it came stripped i swapped out the extractor and firing pin, added the green fiber sights and then reassembled. I did a bit of research as the slide fits 'very' tight.. any thoughts on the best way to 'lap' it in? i've been working it and applied a pretty liberal amount of Hoppes gun oil, but still pretty tight.
I don't mind a tight slide as opposed to a 'loose' one..i've heard both sides of the coin on which is more accurate/preferred.. the standard consensus is it should be 'butter'.. which it is not. any thoughts?

Old 05-10-2013, 10:38 AM   #29639
Juanjo_NY
Banned

Oddometer: 4,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00SS View Post
So i decided to put a stainless mil spec slide on my RI A2 (wide body), this was mostly due to the fact i wanted some aftermarket fiber sights (front were pinned in and not dovetailed). Pretty standard swap, since it came stripped i swapped out the extractor and firing pin, added the green fiber sights and then reassembled. I did a bit of research as the slide fits 'very' tight.. any thoughts on the best way to 'lap' it in? i've been working it and applied a pretty liberal amount of Hoppes gun oil, but still pretty tight.
I don't mind a tight slide as opposed to a 'loose' one..i've heard both sides of the coin on which is more accurate/preferred.. the standard consensus is it should be 'butter'.. which it is not. any thoughts?

dust that lamp!

is that half jaw decoration or you use it for something!?
Juanjo_NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:47 AM   #29640
00SS
Always a vicious cycle

Oddometer: 1,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanjo_NY View Post
dust that lamp!

is that half jaw decoration or you use it for something!?
yes, i'm lacking in my office dusting skillz
The jawbone is ornamental, although i wouldn't want to get hit with it

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: