"BTW, I don't do style. It's a dirt bike, not some girlie dress-up thing." -
ER70S-2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:41 AM   #30482
HardCase
winter is coming

Oddometer: 9,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper X View Post
I got tired of my CCW gun pulling my pants off. It was the Sig Scorpion and HEAVY! WEighed about 12 pounds....at least it felt like it. Both my only two eft over 1911s are way too expensive to carry so I wanted something lighter and different and with NO RAIL. So, I put the mighty Scorpion up for trade and got a nice like new Kimber CDP for it. It's full size and awesome.

The next day, I made a great trade for my Uberti 1871 conversion I got in trade 3 years ago that I nevr shot or would never shoot. It was in .38spl and NICE but not my style. So I put it up and got a brand new in box S%W Airweight 642 for it.

Nice couple o' pistolas there, Sniper! Quite similar to my CCW duo (no, I am not one of those hard-core guys who packs two, a primary and a BUG, just one at a time.....depends on the attire), an officer's model sized 1911 in the form of a Springfield Armory EMP in 9mm.....which I've posted pics of several times here, so will spare you all that.....and an S&W Scandium/Ti centennial style revolver in 357, miserable little bitch to shoot.

My all-time favorite pocket gun, however, is this early production Seecamp in 32ACP, great and very compact little gun. I've been carrying it off-and-on since the late '80s when I bought it second-hand from a friend. I think he bought it around '85. Time flies, hard to believe the thing is damned near an antique already!

Hard cases make bad law.
HardCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:58 PM   #30483
FatChance
Road Captain

Oddometer: 10,138
I have a Seecamp just like it. I have it along with me more than anything else. For what they are, they are the best.

- Calculated risk or forbidden fruit?
FatChance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:21 PM   #30484
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,305
Love that little seacamp! I want another AMT backup in .380 or a Colt Mustang.

Old 09-28-2013, 07:59 PM   #30485
RonS
Out there...

Oddometer: 18,350
Quote:

Sig P238 is a nice quality copy of the Mustang. Even uses the same mags. Mine is pretty reliable but it is probably the most inaccurate pistol I've ever owned. More of an inside the car gun than a defense gun. I hear tell that some claim it to be very accurate. Not sure there standards are the same as mine.
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:37 PM   #30486
gatling
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,224
The Mighty Mini

Mine...

'10 California Scooter (my Baja Blaster!)
gatling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:54 PM   #30487
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Oddometer: 9,987
Latest evolution of the 870
Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Off the grid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:46 PM   #30488
chappy
Porkchop Sandwiches

Oddometer: 1,868
Quote:

I have a 380 backup, nice thing about it is if you miss the target (and you will) it is at least heavy enough to beat 'em to death
chappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 04:40 AM   #30489
jules083
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,823
Got my first muzzleloader a fee weeks ago, here's the girlfriend shooting it at the range. Traditions .50 cal percussion cap. None of that new-fangled inline stuff for me.

We brought a collection to the range, made a day of it. Winchester 30-30, mosin nagant, marlin .22, and 2 revolvers. .22 and .38 special. It was an 'old gun' day, although the 30-30 is a pretty new model.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1003485
jules083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:54 AM   #30490
HardCase
winter is coming

Oddometer: 9,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatChance View Post
I have a Seecamp just like it. I have it along with me more than anything else. For what they are, they are the best.
Hard to beat for a pocket gun. I have found that a pound, loaded, is the limit for a pocket gun, but size has an impact too, so the 340PD, while okay weightwise, is a little bulky at times. And any gun that needs to be carried in a holster/belt combo is just a non-starter for many CCW applications.

The little Seecamp in a pocket-holster goes damn near anywhere in any attire other than stretch lycra.......and I'm at a point in my life where I don't wear that much anymore!

Hard cases make bad law.
HardCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:48 AM   #30491
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonS View Post
Sig P238 is a nice quality copy of the Mustang. Even uses the same mags. Mine is pretty reliable but it is probably the most inaccurate pistol I've ever owned. More of an inside the car gun than a defense gun. I hear tell that some claim it to be very accurate. Not sure there standards are the same as mine.
I can whack a 10 ring with it with all rounds in the mag rapid fire at 7m but that is about as good as they get. I shot my new to me and BNIB 642 I got in trade yesterday in my back yard at a 2in dia pine cone that was 20m away and hit it three times out of the five so deemed it pretty damn good. Fits in my front pocket well until I get an acceptable holster for it. Trigger is a bit on the hefty side so I am going to look for ways to make it a couple pounds lighter....if anyone knows, please fill me in.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:15 PM   #30492
milq
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 684
Quote:
Trigger is a bit on the hefty side so I am going to look for ways to make it a couple pounds lighter....if anyone knows, please fill me in.
Brownells has a couple of different J-frame spring kits with 3 different rebound spring rates and a reduced power hammer spring.

I used the #321 kit (Wilson Combat) on my 442 (used #14 lb spring) and it made things a lot better. I think it's $8.95 retail from Brownells. There's also a rebound spring slide tool that makes installation a bit easier but it's not absolutely required.

You can also polish that spring slide and the track it runs in while you're in there, although I didn't notice much difference.

If your 642 has the key lock in it, that mechanism can give you a bit of trouble while doing the install. Just use the key to reposition it as needed. I did mine and didn't have it handy but managed it anyway, the key would've been appreciated though.

milq screwed with this post 09-29-2013 at 01:21 PM
milq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:26 PM   #30493
urbancowboy
Vicious Cycler

Oddometer: 1,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
I wish I had seen this when I had mine last year. I might grab a SR22 eventually. Same ergos, but cheaper and with less issues.
don't overlook the smith and wesson m&p 22 pistol.

my sr22 was trouble free in the year or so that i owned it, but the upside down thumb safety annoyed me to the point that i traded it in for the m&p.

if you're used to hitting the thumb safety DOWN as you come on target on a 1911 style, the sr22 is not ideal. flipping the lever down on the ruger will decock it and make it safe.
urbancowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:53 PM   #30494
RonS
Out there...

Oddometer: 18,350
Quote:
I can whack a 10 ring with it with all rounds in the mag rapid fire at 7m but that is about as good as they get. I shot my new to me and BNIB 642 I got in trade yesterday in my back yard at a 2in dia pine cone that was 20m away and hit it three times out of the five so deemed it pretty damn good. Fits in my front pocket well until I get an acceptable holster for it. Trigger is a bit on the hefty side so I am going to look for ways to make it a couple pounds lighter....if anyone knows, please fill me in.
Shit, I'd love to have you try mine. I'm not very good with a pistol these days but I swear that one of mine has a spread like a shotgun. To lighten the trigger, the mustang springs are interchangeable with the P238 and you can get them in a lighter spring weight. I've already gone this route. Lots of info on the net. Didn't help my shooting much though.
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:08 PM   #30495
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonS View Post
Shit, I'd love to have you try mine. I'm not very good with a pistol these days but I swear that one of mine has a spread like a shotgun. To lighten the trigger, the mustang springs are interchangeable with the P238 and you can get them in a lighter spring weight. I've already gone this route. Lots of info on the net. Didn't help my shooting much though.
Even though I am not a super pistol shot with full sized pistols like I used to be, the small ones are easy for me to shoot well for the most part. I think it is because I take more care in aligning the sights if any and more time on the trigger than with a full sized gun these days. I'd love another Mustang. Id two tone it like my CCW Kimber CDP. Matched set so to speak! As it is I love CCWing the NTM 642 and as soon as I slick up the trigger, it might be with me every day.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: