Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 681 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 10-09-2013, 11:27 AM   #30631
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Escape View Post
I had my P3AT out at the range yesterday. It had been in the box for at least a year and I figured that I should give it some exercise. After 50 rounds I put it back in the box and remarked to the friend that I was shooting with "I really hate that gun." Most of my firearms are owned for the enjoyment of them, The P3AT not so much. It exists for one purpose only, to carry when I am not in a position to carry 'something better.' Even in that realm, it serves as a back up role to my LCP, no I don't carry them both but if the LCP were not available for some reason .....
I can't say that it does anything 'wrong', it is not painful to shoot and I can almost keep it on a silhouette target at 50 yards, it's light enough not to make shorts droop and fires every single time that the trigger is pulled. Perhaps what I don't like is the reminder of it's purpose, with all the others, even if they ARE carried regularly, I can 'pretend' that I own them for fun.

Bruce
My gf has one.

I agree with everything 100% except for the reliability point. It hasn't failed her yet, me however...

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #30632
GoGo Gadget
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper X View Post
If anyone is interested, and has a 642,42 or basically any J frame S&W. I am getting my Apex trigger kit for the J frame today and will do a install and benefit report when I finish installing it.

I had it installed in my 340. Smoothed the trigger out real nice. I could crank out 5 shots on target almost as fast as with one of my semi auto's.

I have been told I have the body of a God. What does this Buddha guy look like?
GoGo Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:55 AM   #30633
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGo Gadget View Post
I had it installed in my 340. Smoothed the trigger out real nice. I could crank out 5 shots on target almost as fast as with one of my semi auto's.
Good to hear and why I bought hte Apex kit. I have also heard they are 100% reliable and safe. I mean damn, it is STILL a 9lb trigger! Instead of course 14+lbs which is just dumb.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:13 PM   #30634
ColorItBlue
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Broomhandle and .38 S&W

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorItBlue View Post
Any ideas on market price for a 50+ year old Smith & Wesson .38 revolver, I think it is 4", condition not perfect but not horrible. Also a broom handle Mauser that my grandfather brought back from WW1, condition about the same. Both in perfect working order but some pits in the bluing. $400 for the pair too much?
Thanks to some of the inmates on this thread for some good feedback. I will put up some photos this weekend, perhaps get a better idea of value since they are going to be sold soon. It does appear that they will probably generate more than $400 for the pair
ColorItBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:02 PM   #30635
Fire Escape
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,492
Carry Clip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Rocket View Post
P3AT

I like the belt clip that KelTec offers for that pistol.

I was trying to figure out if it can be made to fit my LCP.

Bruce?

Sorry, I tried the belt clip on the P3AT and did not care for it (don't recall why, used it for a while then took it off). I had given it away before I got my LCP so I never tried to see if it fit. These guns are so close in appearance/design that it seems that it should work but I keep hearing that the dimensions vary enough to preclude parts swapping. For me the best carry option with the .380's has been a very inexpensive pocket holster (Blackhawk size 3) and nothing else in that pocket. For a while I went with the (I think) Bill Jordan system of carrying it in the left front pocket (I am right handed). As I recall he figured that he could draw and shoot with his left while his 'opponent' watched his right hand for movement toward his open carry. As I become more and more aware of age related reduced abilities, I settled into using the right front pocket as all my 'real' holsters are right handed and I did not want to 'forget' which side the gun was on at the wrong time.
The size 3 is probably (officially) wrong for these 380's, they fit (snuggly) in a "2" but I preferred the way they came out of a "3" so easily and I didn't have to consider that I might end up drawing both gun and holster. Again, what has worked for me is probably not 'exactly right' for anyone else.

Bruce
06 DR 650, Moose RS Holder, Handguards and Skidplate, ProTaper bars, Garmin 60CSx, Motech racks w/ 20mm Ammo cans, Renazco, TKCs summer/17" SM wheels winter 08 Scrambler, Conti Trail Attacks and BlackTiger Fork mod, 05 FSE 450, 03 KLR 250, 02 FXDX, 72 WR 250 (again), 72 SL 350 K2 (again), 72 TR6R, 06 XT 225
Fire Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:06 PM   #30636
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Quote:
Originally Posted by acesandeights View Post
I've always really liked the .380. The Kel-Tec looks nice.
I had one, great little gun for the pocket if you can't carry bigger.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #30637
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Escape View Post
Sorry, I tried the belt clip on the P3AT and did not care for it (don't recall why, used it for a while then took it off). I had given it away before I got my LCP so I never tried to see if it fit. These guns are so close in appearance/design that it seems that it should work but I keep hearing that the dimensions vary enough to preclude parts swapping. For me the best carry option with the .380's has been a very inexpensive pocket holster (Blackhawk size 3) and nothing else in that pocket. For a while I went with the (I think) Bill Jordan system of carrying it in the left front pocket (I am right handed). As I recall he figured that he could draw and shoot with his left while his 'opponent' watched his right hand for movement toward his open carry. As I become more and more aware of age related reduced abilities, I settled into using the right front pocket as all my 'real' holsters are right handed and I did not want to 'forget' which side the gun was on at the wrong time.
The size 3 is probably (officially) wrong for these 380's, they fit (snuggly) in a "2" but I preferred the way they came out of a "3" so easily and I didn't have to consider that I might end up drawing both gun and holster. Again, what has worked for me is probably not 'exactly right' for anyone else.

Bruce
Thanks. I have an Uncle Mike's #4 that works fine. I'll stick with it. Right front pocket or cargo pocket if pants are so equipped.

I bought the #4 for my PF9. That's the suggested size. I like how the LCP dissappears in there, just a bit of the grips sticking out. Resembles a wallet if it prints.
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:42 PM   #30638
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 7,763
Galco makes a great little pocket holster that holds my P3AT well. Also, the pocket clip WILL work on the LCP. We established that in my local gun store a few weeks ago.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy... now Free
Old 10-09-2013, 03:05 PM   #30639
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
Galco makes a great little pocket holster that holds my P3AT well. Also, the pocket clip WILL work on the LCP. We established that in my local gun store a few weeks ago.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy... now Free
I have a nice Galco SOB holster I got for a different snubbie a long time ago. It works GREAT for my new to me 642 as either a SOB holster or a pocket holster.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:38 PM   #30640
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,687
The I LOVE THIS GUN Thread

I started collecting stamps about 3 years ago. Here's a couple of my class 3's

Colt 11.5"

Arsenal SLR-106 in 5.56 with 8.5" barrel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
IBA #50489

Hikertrash screwed with this post 10-09-2013 at 04:16 PM
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #30641
Dooga
Adventure Tourer

Oddometer: 285
The Kel Tec is a .32 ACP. Less punishing in the P3AT form factor.

I regret selling my CZ 75B. My next gun after the P32 will be a 75B SA from CZ Custom.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:35 PM   #30642
Dooga
Adventure Tourer

Oddometer: 285
An AK pistol. That's the way to go.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:33 PM   #30643
Longbow
Vroooom

Oddometer: 289
I love taking my quiet little guys out for some plinking time. But sub sonic 22lr is getting tuff to find.

If you live in or around Billings, Montana
please send me a PM.
Longbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:30 AM   #30644
Tripl Nikl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Rocket View Post
P3AT

I like the belt clip that KelTec offers for that pistol.

I was trying to figure out if it can be made to fit my LCP.

Bruce?
Why not just get the Ruger version?

http://technaclip.com/index.php/ruge...ight-side.html
Tripl Nikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:16 AM   #30645
Noone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsport View Post
I'm thinking about a Marlin 336 30-30 for deer hunting. Any good or bad experiences with this model? Looking at the youth model for 2 reasons: compact size would work well in my tree stand, and so it will fit my 9yo better for starting him shooting.
I have one of those. Have had it for years. Good gun, good price. I'd recommend it. Don't know about the youth model as I don't have one of those.
Noone is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: